ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-09, 08:03 PM
Contributor

γ-quantum has a spectacular aura aboutγ-quantum has a spectacular aura about
γ-quantum, berlin, germany

ok, so i registered quite some time ago and have been posting for the past few days, but i thought i'd add a little info about myself, too.
who knows, maybe its good for something, e.g. meeting similar people.

i was born and raised in germany.
i learned english on the internet though, so the language barrier shouldnt really be one.

i'm 25 years old, female, orphaned, single and currently living in a flatshare - but am looking to move out to a flat because i want to live alone; having people and especially noise around me 24/7 stresses me extremely.

its too late to find out for sure, but i think that my dad had a lot of autistic / ADHD traits, so if a genetic component matters, i certainly got it from him.

i have the typical ADHD problems; i cant concentrate on the news or books, it takes HOURS for me to sort out stuff for an appointment, etc. - i am also very impulsive / aggressive and cant take stress well at all. i have trouble falling alseep because i think of random things - not nessecary worrying. i could just e.g. notice my breathing, think of the lung, and then HAVE TO jump out of the bed to look up how exactly the lung works again on the internet / wikipedia.

apart from that, i am very much what would be refered to as a 'nerd' - i hardly ever go out (though i occasionally do like the company of people who are alike me, but not every day), i'd rather sit and learn about things i find fascinating on the internet, where in some days, i can even go in hyperfocus mode and concentrate really well... and i like to do experiments, as far as that is possible at home... and collect stuff, like i have a working ECG to play with. i'm into medicine (i know most about cardiology and radiology but am interested in EVERYTHING), taxidermy, natural science / nuclear science, and enjoy just being with my computer. the screen, the way my keys feel, the incredible awesomeness of the internet, that's my world. its infinite possibilities cause it to never get boring. i feel true affection towards my computer and the internet, it's the greatest thing in the world, i couldnt live without it.
Old 02-23-09, 09:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

LostInTheStars has a spectacular aura aboutLostInTheStars has a spectacular aura about
Re: γ-quantum, berlin, germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by γ-quantum View Post
i feel true affection towards my computer and the internet, it's the greatest thing in the world, i couldnt live without it.
I agree. This is where all of my friends are

Since you have been here and I have read some of your posts, I can say that I am already glad you are here
Old 02-24-09, 02:23 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,114 Times in 541 Posts
wsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome!

What you wrote was quite interesting!
If you think you have AS (Asperger's Syndrome), you might check out wrongplanet.net ... that's another great place to visit.

Just don't leave here and never come back though!

=========
I know have a new diagnosis: Attention Difference Display / Happy Dance (ADD/HD)... I think it fits!
=========

Sometimes I worry that if I don't slow down... I'll run my batteries down and won't be able to recharge myself... powered down permanently at such a young age!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-09, 05:02 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,638 Posts
Song of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant future

What a lovely introduction. I also love the internet. It is my looking glass into the world. When you feel better alone and lonely at the same time the internet comes in handy.

Welcome!

Song
Old 02-24-09, 07:07 AM
Contributor

thanks for the warm welcome, everybody!

thanks for the tip, wsmac - i think i heard of that place already. i think i'd better not go there though - this is currently the only forum i am at, as i get very confused if i am registered at more than one forum (i did that as a teen), like, i cant remember what was being said in which forum and by whom, etc. (i cant remember names anyway, im glad most people have an avatar - too bad if that avatar is their face though, as i cant remember faces either... but i'll then just try and remember the raw colors instead of the exact pattern they form. good thing it's a still image after all.).

anyway, yeah, i think it'd get too confusing and time-consuming if i registered on another forum... and, wether what if i have asperger's or not, i wouldnt be able to do much about it anyway... exept learn coping strategies or something. im not bothered by my 'nerdyness' anyway, while i am bothered very much with my concentration problems and impulsivity - and there's even medication to help with that! so, i feel like ADHD is more of a variable, while asperger's is a constant... well both isnt really, but one can be helped with medication, thats what i mean. thats why i registered on a US forum, too - people here are MUCH more knowledgable about ADHD, especially adult ADHD, than germans. in german forums, its 'ritalin, amphetaminsulfate, ritalin, amphetaminesulfate'... thats the only stuff that's available. if somebody mentions something like omega 3 acids, they get stared at like aliens.
ok this is obviously exaggerated, but you get the idea... you have like a dozen medications in the US for adult ADHD, while we have NONE and can only use two that are for children off-label (+ pay yourself) as adults. also, the research on the subject seems far more advanced in the US. so, thats why im here, and i typed out way too much again so i'm better stopping now.
Old 02-24-09, 10:24 AM

ndnbutterfly has a spectacular aura aboutndnbutterfly has a spectacular aura about

Hello and welcome!

"Live like it's your last day on earth"
Hope does not disappoint!!
Old 02-24-09, 11:02 AM

Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,807 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forums.

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
Old 02-24-09, 03:15 PM

Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,158 Posts
Addr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud ofAddr68 has much to be proud of

γ-quantum, welcome to the community! I am glad you are here
"We all have such a Ring: it forms the foundations of our Dark Tower, namely the Ego, the false self. Our Quest, like Frodo's and Sam's, is to renounce the Ring and be rid of the hold it has over us...."
Tolkien
Old 02-24-09, 04:38 PM

mr.lazy will become famous soon enough

Guten tag

Welcome to the forums, i would attempt tlking in german to u but that just fails so haiii
Everytime i read an intro and see people the same as me it really makes me feel better about myself :] am sure you will continue to enjoy it here :P

Old 02-24-09, 04:52 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.lazy View Post
Guten tag

Welcome to the forums, i would attempt tlking in german to u but that just fails so haiii
Everytime i read an intro and see people the same as me it really makes me feel better about myself :] am sure you will continue to enjoy it here :P
lol thanks, and dont worry about it... first of all, german is an even worse language than english, with all the useless der/die/das stuff as well as capital letters for nouns etc. etc. - second, most people here wouldnt understand german i belive, so nevermind.
Old 02-24-09, 06:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

samtux will become famous soon enough

Hi / guten tag !

Welcome aboard ! Im sure u will like it here

Sam