ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-10, 02:13 AM

illmakeitsomeda is on a distinguished road
Why is it so complicated to get diagnosed?

I went to my first appointment today with my doctor, which I had to wait 5 whole weeks for. And now i have to go through 3 whole different doctors over the period of a few weeks to get merely diagnosed.

I just want my script, I am 100% certain I have this disorder, and I dont know how I could prove it but I could if they wanted me to.

Why is it so damn complicated?

And why do they want me to do an IQ test????

What other tests do they do before they FINALLY medicate you?