ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-30-10, 04:13 PM

Chris M is on a distinguished road
Adderall: dr. appt for refill before 30 day period

Hi guys, first post so be gentle.

I've been on 20mg IR twice a day for two years and I see my doctor monthly for a 30 day supply. I finished my script pretty early this week becasue of a heavy work schedule and, to be frank, a few days of irresponsible use.

My last script was filled on 11/8 thus it should've lasted until 12/6 or so. Problem is today is 11/30 and I'm out. Should I try to see the doctor tomorrow (12/1, around 6 days early) treating it as 'business as usual' or is 6 days early sufficiently early enough to raise a red flag?

any help is appreciated!
Old 11-30-10, 04:28 PM
Contributor

Canuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to all
Re: Adderall: dr. appt for refill before 30 day period

People's schedules are subject to change and various commitments. Call and ask if you can move your appointment up. Be prepared to go without.

My suggestion is, regardless of if you get your appt moved up or not, seriously consider building up a small "filth stash" of meds for a rainy day. Skip your second dose on the weekends if you can manage. Build up a buffer and leave it the heck alone until you wind up genuinely needing them. Like when your doctor has to cancel because he's sick, or you can't hit the pharmacy because you're too busy.
Old 12-01-10, 05:52 PM

Chris M is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice. Definitely need to build a rainy day stash. Anyone else have feedback on how soon is too soon to move an appointment up?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-10, 06:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,185 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future

Don't take more medication than you need.
It really just makes people with ADHD look bad.

Make someone hold your meds if you can't stop abusing them. Seriously.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, And Multiple Phobias.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
The Following User Says Thank You to StoicNate For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (12-02-10)
Old 12-01-10, 10:46 PM

missescool_08 will become famous soon enough

They'll most likely do it, mine will. I always go anywhere from 4-6 days early