ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-10, 07:17 PM
Contributor

tweetiebirdk has disabled reputation
Re: is there an etiquette for dealing with trolls?

Quote:
whiff1962
Troll

On the flip side of excuse making
The excuses you make for yourself today, will come to haunt you later on! I suggest that you think hard on blaming your mental sluggishness and other dispositional states on your "lack" of success. Plenty of peeps with real diseases, get by just fine.
^ Thats what ticked me off - not bad granted - but its the first thing I was greeted with , and I just though you know this world is DEEpressing and they must have read something about me talking about SCT
Old 12-03-10, 03:46 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

bof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nicebof00 is just really nice

Last one that crossed me got booted from the internet. Somehow they ended up on firewall logs for trying to hack their ISP... not sure how that happened
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bof00 For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (12-03-10), tweetiebirdk (12-05-10)
Old 12-03-10, 09:21 PM

Thanked 10,080 Times in 3,172 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

The "troll" in question also has another name here in the FORUM and,interesting enough,

had just gotten through sending me a private message under that (other) name,accusing

ME of being "deceptive."

At least in this persona,you get to see his "true" colors.

I responded back on his (above stated) profile and was assertive, yet appropriate.

For me, that's always been a struggle.

The main thing to remember is that "trolls" have hidden agenda's,which make them both

FOS and DBOTM (DoucheBagsoftheMonth).

Don't let them get to you.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (12-04-10), tinywiney (12-04-10), tweetiebirdk (12-04-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-10, 11:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,346 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

I have lerned not to call someone on what I consider troll-like posting until I have read a few of their posts.....gotta make sure they're really trolls, and NOT someone honestly looking for information ......

but they're ususaly not too hard to spot.....people who are misinformed but open-minded and people who want to learn .....they rarely come here with an agenda.....and almost never start telling us how wrong we are .....

Trolls blast in firing from both barrels and tell us in every way how wrong headed we are ......when someone starts off their first posts here with attitude and a "I'm right and you're all wrong" mind set......and have no problem letting us know .....that's a troll

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (12-04-10), mctavish23 (12-04-10), peripatetic (12-04-10), tinywiney (12-04-10), tweetiebirdk (12-05-10)
Old 12-04-10, 03:35 PM
ADDvanced Member

Killface1981 will become famous soon enough

Oh, to the OP, trolls usually will dwell on sites that are basically places for fans of something(usually super fans that are nearly mentally ill about their love of something that's probably stupid, obscure or really popular.) I don't get why a troll would choose you to send a private message to unless he knows you. And if he did say something bad, report him or ignore him. Really... they don't mind being reported because the troll knows he got under your skin, therefore; he wins. Not flinching or getting upset is the best way to fight off a troll, cause the cellar dweller will get bored and think he's not that good at trolling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killface1981 For This Useful Post:
EYEFORGOT (12-06-10), tweetiebirdk (12-05-10)
Old 12-04-10, 09:43 PM

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future

I had a stimulating 5 minutes last night sparring with a troll. I've never seen such a rude troll on here. He was telling people to kill themselves and others about child molestation and such. I never back down to anyone using words and enjoyed wrapping him up nice in my little bow kinda like a spider with it's fly.

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
The Following User Says Thank You to EshkaronsEngine For This Useful Post:
tweetiebirdk (12-04-10)
Old 12-04-10, 09:52 PM

Thanked 23,968 Times in 11,091 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EshkaronsEngine View Post
I had a stimulating 5 minutes last night sparring with a troll someone? I've never seen such a rude troll on here. He was telling people to kill themselves and others about child molestation and such. I never back down to anyone using words and enjoyed wrapping him up nice in my little bow kinda like a spider with it's fly.
I used the report button as soon as I saw a post that crossed the line, instead of spending time playing spider and fly. The sooner we use the report button, the sooner the mods can decide what to do, eh?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
EYEFORGOT (12-06-10), Imnapl (12-04-10), mctavish23 (12-07-10), tweetiebirdk (12-04-10)
Old 12-04-10, 09:59 PM
Contributor

tweetiebirdk has disabled reputation

I never saw a report button esp for PMs. Im inclined to agree with the dont feed th troll rule based on more recent stuff.

I wont be feeding further in this thread, and , ya - would now advise reporting .

---The End - (from me on the matter)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tweetiebirdk For This Useful Post:
EYEFORGOT (12-06-10), mctavish23 (12-07-10)
Old 12-04-10, 10:07 PM

Thanked 23,968 Times in 11,091 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiebirdk View Post
I never saw a report button esp for PMs. Im inclined to agree with the dont feed th troll rule based on more recent stuff.

I wont be feeding further in this thread, and , ya - would now advise reporting .

---The End - (from me on the matter)
There isn't any report button on PMs - but the mods do want us to contact them if we get something bad in our inbox, and copy the message to them to read for themselves.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (12-07-10), tinywiney (12-05-10), tweetiebirdk (12-05-10)
Old 12-04-10, 11:03 PM

Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,932 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

On the bottom of a private message there are two buttons: reply and forward. If you click forward, you can send a copy of the private message to a moderator or administrator and let them deal with it.

Phaedrus

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Imnapl For This Useful Post:
EYEFORGOT (12-06-10), livinginchaos (12-06-10), mctavish23 (12-07-10), tinywiney (12-05-10), tweetiebirdk (12-05-10)