ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Exercise
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-17, 01:15 PM

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road
Am I walking too much a day?

On average, I walk between 20,000-25,000 steps a day. Whilst I accept that it's not an exorbitantly high level of physical activity, I do wonder if it's contributing to my brain fogginess during different times of the day.

Just for the record, I'm 184cm, weigh about 63kg and usually eat around 2,000 calories a day.

I don't know if I should be eating more, doing less or if I should just accept that brain fog is going to plague me my entire life.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbrady1 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-12-17)
Old 10-12-17, 02:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,253 Times in 2,574 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Am I walking too much a day?

I've never heard of walking being a contributing factor to brain fog.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-12-17)
Old 10-12-17, 02:22 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 19,339 Times in 11,200 Posts
midnightstar has disabled reputation

Personally, I find walking helps to clear my head, it doesn't cause my head to get worse. Could be the same for you
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (10-12-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-17, 02:42 PM

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
I've never heard of walking being a contributing factor to brain fog.
I didn't mean to imply walking could lead to or contribute to brain fog. I am merely concerned that I may being overexerting my body without even realising it. Thus, my foggy mind and general 'spaciness' could be exacerbated.
Old 10-12-17, 04:43 PM

Thanked 23,689 Times in 10,953 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

You could try walking about half that amount for a week and see if there is any
difference in your brain fog. If that didn't make it better, then walk as much as
you want to.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 10-12-17, 05:15 PM

Thanked 12,148 Times in 5,389 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

In a different role at work, I was getting 12,000-18,000 steps a day.

I was not on meds at that time.

I found that the walking (combined with a good amount of lifting) definitely helped to clear my brain fog.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 10-15-17, 10:18 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 12,931 Times in 5,225 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

That is a fair bit of walking. I'm not sure if the walking itself might contribute to brain fog. Personally, the things that interact with moderate/high levels physical activity that make me feel unwell are 1) not drinking enough water and 2) not eating regularly. Low blood sugar and dehydration really mess with my ability to function. If those two factors are in play and I haven't slept well in the past couple of days, I am well and truly toast.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following User Says Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-15-17)