ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Eating Disorders/Weight Issues/Body Image
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-17, 04:42 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,637 Times in 6,233 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I stop binge eating and eating crap??

Any chance you could talk your husband into getting into this with you?
Maybe the 2 of you can work on a healthier shopping list? Healthier snacks and what not.
I wouldn't recommend cold turkeying this kind of thing. I wouldn't recommend cutting all the junk out right away...it's so easy to put blinders on and just plow into things like new diets...only to quit soon after because it's proven to be too much too soon. haha I'm a pro at jumping into the deep end of the pool giving things my 110%...only to quickly then realize that oh sh**! I don't know how to swim!!! lol
But just add in a couple of healthier choices. More fruits (or yucky veggies if you can stomach such things! lol ), less salty snacks (have you ever tried almonds? MMMM!!), ingredients for a healthy meal or 2 you (or he) can prepare over the next coming up week?

This is what I plan on doing with my dad.
He's struggling too...and with him just having had his open heart surgery...this is a VERY dangerous struggle for him to be having.

Sorry I'm talking so much. Hoping I'm not boring you to sleep! >.<'
It's nearly 3am in my warm little piece of the world...lol I really should be asleep atm!

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-31-17), Fuzzy12 (08-31-17), stef (08-31-17)
Old 08-31-17, 09:38 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,462 Times in 5,162 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

I think they have an alcohol anonymous for food
aeon (08-31-17), Little Missy (08-31-17), psychopathetic (08-31-17), stef (08-31-17)
Old 08-31-17, 10:01 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,461 Times in 8,765 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

True, dave triple d, they have an over eaters anonymous that you can participate in online if there aren't any physical meetings in your area. I've never been to one, but I've heard others mention how helpful they've been for them.

As far as the energy question, fuzz, I found I have much more energy eating whole foods than I do eating processed stuff. I guess getting sugar from sources like fruit doesn't make me crash like it did when I got what I refer to as the test tube varieties from doughnuts and candy bars and such.

My mornings are strictly hydration upon waking with lemon water first, then an herbal infusion in place of the coffee I used to toss back like crazy, and then a fruit juice of some sort that's either organic store bought or made fresh in my kitchen, and around 11ish a.m., I start on solid food that usually begins with fresh fruit or baked fruit of some variety, then a big salad of some sort, then more fresh veggies as a snack, then some steamed or roasted veggies/beans/quinoa stuff for dinner.

Banana slices sprinkled with cinnamon are f'n fabulous! I put parchment paper down then slice them onto it, sprinkle with seasoning (nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice are good too) and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. You don't want to bake too long or they get runny. They taste like fancy pastries to me once they're baked.

Baked apples are delish, apple sauce is delish, freezing bananas and making "nice" cream is more than delish, smoothies made with frozen fruit (minus any dairy) are delish, etc., etc. You can freeze fruits/greens in plastic baggies for individual smoothies then toss them in the blender in the mornings.

The library has a lot of helpful books you can check out to give some more ideas for recipes and such. I found some in ours, anyway. Some seem to be much slimmer pickings than others I've found.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-31-17), Fuzzy12 (08-31-17), psychopathetic (08-31-17), stef (08-31-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-17, 11:40 AM

Thanked 27,108 Times in 12,598 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho was so tempted to get brownies at the store but I thought of you and wgat we decided so yippee and thanks.

Unsi, the baked bananas sounds absolutely fabulous and like a sweet treat thst fuzzling can enjoy too. I can't wait to try it out. Do you use ripe or unripe bananas?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-31-17), psychopathetic (09-10-17), stef (08-31-17), Unmanagable (08-31-17)
Old 08-31-17, 12:26 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of brownies I just had 3 bowls of cereals
Old 08-31-17, 01:23 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,461 Times in 8,765 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

I only use very ripe bananas no matter what I'm making. Which helps with the grocery budget as they're the ones usually marked down as "over ripe". lol I buy them up and freeze them often, too, to keep on hand for the nice cream and smoothies.

They aren't truly ripe until they start getting spots. A lot of folks complain of fruit giving them belly aches, but often times it's simply because the fruit isn't ripe. (other times it can be because of eating it right after other foods and the digestive process gets backed up since fruit digests so much faster than other foods) It's picked unripe so they can ship it. Which is why I get so excited about any local and home grown vine-ripened goodies.

Speaking of fuzzling, you could get her some of the burro bananas (the tiny ones) for a fuzzling sized treat. lol They're also good baked with the cinnamon and such, I slice them longways in half instead of in the disc shapes like the regular banana. I wait until they have spots to eat them, too. To me, they're a bit sweeter than the regular variety.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (08-31-17)
Old 08-31-17, 03:20 PM

Thanked 18,569 Times in 9,898 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I need to rustle me up some grub!

Two hardboiled eggs and a black cup of joe.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-31-17), Fuzzy12 (08-31-17), Pilgrim (09-10-17), psychopathetic (08-31-17)
Old 09-10-17, 07:33 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,637 Times in 6,233 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not doing so well with my commitments this week Fuzzy

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 05:24 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

I was 180 and went down to 158 in about 3 months.
That said the way i did it is by having a food journal and writing the calories i consumed a day and also having a clear and detail goal on my fridge, so i would see it everyday and remind myself of this goal and the reason i was doing it. if i had cheated for one meal i would tell myself to get back on the horse and that is what i did. I also had a vision board in my room with the weight lost goal, so when i woke up i saw it and when i went to bed a saw it. I listened to motivational speeches on YouTube as much as i could and each time i plateaued i would take 100 calories out of my daily calories. I would try with all my heart to stay away from fast food places, sometimes i would give in but like i said its just one meal and you shouldn't give up because of that bump in the road. I would try and stay away from breads and pastas as well oh and dairy foods. I think planning is super helpful in dieting, so before you start plan it all out, write it all down.
psychopathetic (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 06:21 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

We should start a weight losing challenge!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be awesome, what do you guys think?
Fuzzy12 (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'm not doing so well with my commitments this week Fuzzy
OMG im so. Sorry..I'd completely forgotten about this. I don't even remember what I committed to.

Next week? New start?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-11-17)
Old 09-10-17, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKing View Post
I was 180 and went down to 158 in about 3 months.
That said the way i did it is by having a food journal and writing the calories i consumed a day and also having a clear and detail goal on my fridge, so i would see it everyday and remind myself of this goal and the reason i was doing it. if i had cheated for one meal i would tell myself to get back on the horse and that is what i did. I also had a vision board in my room with the weight lost goal, so when i woke up i saw it and when i went to bed a saw it. I listened to motivational speeches on YouTube as much as i could and each time i plateaued i would take 100 calories out of my daily calories. I would try with all my heart to stay away from fast food places, sometimes i would give in but like i said its just one meal and you shouldn't give up because of that bump in the road. I would try and stay away from breads and pastas as well oh and dairy foods. I think planning is super helpful in dieting, so before you start plan it all out, write it all down.
Well done. Congrats. Yes planning is peony important.

Also.what you said reminded me that everytime I lost weight (on purpose) was when I totally immersed myself and occupied myself with the goal of losing weight.

Not very healthy in my case and I do ha e an eating disorder I think but I think like you described I need to tackle this using several.tools.
Old 09-10-17, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKing View Post
We should start a weight losing challenge!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be awesome, what do you guys think?
Sure next week?

I don't want to lose more than 2kg month though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
TheGreatKing (09-11-17)
Old 09-11-17, 03:38 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Sure next week?

I don't want to lose more than 2kg month though.
sure why not! what are the rules around this challenge and length of the challenge?

should we make a thread for it so other people can join in?
Old 09-12-17, 04:32 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,676 Times in 12,956 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's important to make sure people remain supportive and motivating for this. I am the kind of person that could use someone else's success as a way to self sabotage or as a way to not measure up. That's just me though. And I don't think it should be only for people that have a lot of weight to lose, it could be for anyone who wants to try. JMO.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.