ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 11-27-10, 08:54 PM

Kingflow is on a distinguished road
Uncertainty - Indecision - is this executive function?

Today I purchased a simple bottle of cologne. Hopped in the car and realized they had a smaller bottle for sale in the store which I did not get. I sat in the car for 30 minutes trying to decide if I should go back and exchange the large bottle for the small one. I have obsessed over this all day and still think about if I should bring back the larger bottle. How crazy!! urghh.

Is this the executive function of the brain? ritalin helped a little with this but adderall helps me be more productive. I wish I could take both.
Old 11-27-10, 10:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,561 Times in 861 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Uncertainty - Indecision - is this executive function?

I do things like that!!! Going to out to eat and trying decide what to eat is so hard!! It guess it could be ADD related though I always thought it was realted to being co-dependent due to growing up in an alcoholic home and the whole "not wanting to make the wrong choice" thing.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 11-27-10, 11:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,896 Times in 12,080 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

The getting stuck part and not being able to move on to something else - could be related to problems with executive function. Could also be related to anxiety over whether you made the right choice or should have chosen something different.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-10, 04:19 AM

Kingflow is on a distinguished road

interesting. I grew up in an alcoholic home also. However, taking adderall has helped a great deal with making decisions at a restaurant for me so I think a great deal has to do with low seratonin or dopamine.