ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-05, 01:25 AM

ricardo is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Uberman Sleep Schedule

Links at the bottom to read first or after my message as you prefer. Fasten your seatbelts

I'm more and more interested in getting into polyphasic sleep. Overall I have the tendency to avoid sleep because I'm so into everything that I'm doing and want to get it right. I quit the university officially around a month ago (second one and now it's for good) and am having a lot of work and cash flow, fortunately, but a lot will be happening in the next months and I also want to read some five books in the next month and a half, and also get in shape to summer and, well, to life. You know I had a ligament rupture in my knee playing rugby some years ago... cut my path in sports. Now I am really into getting it back. And along with sports... this will be the year of the release of the inner entrepreneur. I will travel the world. I can feel it. I know it.

I am lucky to be with the only coach in Portugal so even this is great. A big problem now, honestly... is sleep. I really want it all, especially in the turbulent times about to come (ouch, I even managed to develop a concept for a political movement... now I am basically deciding when to launch it...). So... I'm doing a lot of investigation about getting into the Uberman schedule for a while, and of greatest importance of course, making it right - read "no health issues" - as far as current research allows me to prevent, basically through proper nutrition and exercise.

I've been officially diagnosed around two months ago after being some months with a self-made diagnosis through online tests... and have been a month in 18mg Concerta and then upped to 36mg and I just finished the first month of this dosage. I also take my vegetarian multivitamin and since a week ago I am taking flax seed oil capsules providing 1.5g ALA (Omega 3). I am sure the synapses are going better day after day... I just can't attibute it to any of these players particularly. Coaching helps a lot, reading too, thinking too, writing in my notebook too... and the PDA Phone is in the final countdown... I'm almost buying it.

So much is going on, but it's feeling great. Just need more time!!! Hehe...

I'll be expecting your comments with curiosity... don't we all ADDers tend to be sleep procrastinators ? (And... don't we ultimately have a legitimate reason... which is... the fact that we think?? Kidding... others think too. .. inside their boxes )

And by the way... I'd really love to get in more direct touch with ADD entrepreneurs and activists with personal stories to tell and advice to give, so keep it coming... I haven't seen much on that topic around these forums even by searching.

Anyways... I'm awake in 6 hours and swimming in 8 so it won't hurt to catch up on some sleep... so bye and have a nice day you all

About the Uberman Schedule

Devices that monitor sleep cycles and set alarm at best times
hi there, how can i help you? hi, two packs of focus please. here you are sir. thank you. keep the change. thank you sir. next please!