ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-06, 08:36 AM

Isolde is on a distinguished road
Sleep ( or not to sleep)

Before I got my ad/hd-diagnosis my doctor sent me to get my sleeping or not rather, tested.

I was at the clinic for a night with wires all over. I even had wires attached to my legs to record any movement.

They would have given me a diagnosis of restless legs syndrome but since we suspected ad/hd they told me it was probably hyperaktivity. The funny thing is that I knew I moved my legs and feet before I went to sleep at night, I always do this. I fidgit big time. But I actually do it while I am sleeping to. And that causes me to slightly wake up during the night, and it reduses my quality of sleep.

I use neurontin and it actually helps me to not be as restless in bed. I also use Melatonin to help med get to sleep.
( i have never had issuses sleeping though, I just cant fall asleep)

Before I started with the meds I slept every other night. It was the only way I would get tired enough to actually be able to fall asleep.

Since I started with the meds I sleep pretty normally I guess. And even if I only get four or five hours of sleep I feel good the next morning.

The only time I havent had any trubble sleeping was while pregnant. But then again, that was the only time in my life I was "normal" in almost every aspect.

My son is just like me, so tired when I wake him in the morning, but he cant calm himself enough to get to sleep at night. He uses melatonin to, hes been on it for about 6 months.

I dont think we could manage without really.

I have tried other sleep medication. But I usually get so hyper I could climb the walls...