ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-18, 03:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,132 Times in 850 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
Re: I don't have a creative outlet, how do I find one that fits me

Lately I have been getting the urge to paint paintings.

So two weeks ago I bought a painting kit for kids age 4 and older.

**Trigger alert**(below)

I am presently working on a painting of person who has a heroin addiction, siting alone outside on the cold ground, semi passed out, semi leaning up against a brick wall of a busy down-town coffee shop, with a needle still in arm.

I call it a “warm soft hug”, inspired by the words of a person addicted to heroin, who described to Dr. Mate, about how they feel when they use heroin.

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 03-01-18 at 03:33 PM..
Old 03-01-18, 11:40 PM

ihaveadhdh is on a distinguished road

I saw this post by accident, since wherever I register, I just create threads and rarely read any, as I register to ask questions to which I have not been able to found an answer. But here I thought I'd post.

I also feel like I have a lot of creativity but no outlet for it. I feel like I want to try a few things, but all of them cost money and I can barely afford food (my thread will be about how to solve that problem), so I cannot go out and buy a guitar to try playing it and see if I like it, or buy a bunch of paint and try painting, or some other things.

So my advice would be... Just get whatever you feel like trying (paint, musical instruments, whatever interests you), and see if you like it. And if you cannot afford that, then I am still looking for a solution myself for that... :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to ihaveadhdh For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-02-18)
Old 03-02-18, 12:19 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,299 Times in 7,112 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

There have been things I've tried in the past that have been super cheap or free that I've had a lot of fun with.
Just a couple of years ago I jumped into the neat world of origami (paper folding)...though I did spend money on some paper on it, you can easily create your own square sheets of paper. There's TONS of awesome tutorials on youtube.

Another really fun one I had was collecting rocks lol. Though I guess that one took money too, cause I only collected rocks anytime I'd drive up to the mountains or travel. I liked to look for cool looking rocks and kept them in a big tin.
Learning to draw is another thing you can do on the cheap.
Or if you really want an instrument to learn...but don't have a lot of money...you can always start out on a recorder. You can get a nice one for under $10...heck, you can even get them for around $5 that'd be more than good enough for learning on.
Harmonicas aren't too far above that price wise. You can get some really nice ones for about the $20 mark...and you can get top of the line/professional harmonicas (10 hole diatonics) for $35-$40...so it's another relatively cheap instrument to pick up.

Do you have a digital camera? Or do you have a phone with a camera?
You can get into photography. Go to the library get some books on the basics of photography and have fun with that?

If you're a real computer nerd...you can teach yourself some computer languages or something. There's some pretty amazing sites out there that can teach you all sorts of ways to code in different languages or how to build websites...and the sites are completely free.

There's lots of things you can do...it's just finding something that sparks your interest.

There for a very short period of time I got into wood whittling lol. Taking a knife to sticks and trying to make things out of them. I was super proud of a butter knife and a spoon I had whittled . All that costed me was a small pocket knife I had laying around.

This doesn't apply to you (ihaveadhdh) as you live in europe...but another thing me and my mom really enjoyed doing, was anytime we'd travel to a town or city outside of our own...we'd stop by these places called Chambers Of Commerce that most towns and cities in the usa have. They're places that have lots of info about the different businesses in the towns and such. Me and my mom would stop and look through all the pamphlets and what not and see if they had any cool freebies they were giving out lol. They'd often have town maps or something that we'd keep just for souvenirs. The state I live in (Wyoming) is cool in that they've got high quality large stickers they give out in a bunch of different towns throughout the state...and each town has it's own sticker that's different then all the others...so it was a lot of fun me and my mom had trying to complete our collection.

...I don't know. I'm just blabbing lols. Just throwing out some random ideas.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-18, 12:31 AM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I've played a ton of them...only held on to a couple.
Magic the gathering is my goto game. Every couple of years I jump back into the game where I play it obsessively.

There's also yu-gi-oh which I me and my friends played for years. haha we're all 30+ years old, but we don't care! We'd often meet up at local restraunts and get some games going. People would often look at us funny, or even come up to us and ask what we were doing. We had no shame and it was great!

I got into pokemon briefly...I really do like the game, it's just I couldn't get any of my friends into it with me so I gave up on it.

Chaotic was a surprisingly fun game...though short lived. Each of the physical cards had a code on it you entered online so you could play them online. I had a really nice deck with tons of the top cards in it I was proud as heck of.

My second favorite game of all time is The Lord Of The Rings tcg. Man that game was amazing! I was a young teen when it was around, and I met a college professor and a college student who played it...we'd often order a pizza and meet up at the college to play some games. It was great!

Oh and another I loved was a game called VS. System. Man that game was amazing!

Then there's a bunch of other smaller, lesser known games I've tried out over the years. I don't know what it is...but I LOVE trading card games.

1 game I'd LOVE to get into, but never found anyone to teach me around here...is Legend Of The Five Rings.

Sorry for the long post haha. I could talk about TCG's all night!
Wow... I like TCGs too! Thought I don't have much access to buy physical cards so I stick to either online TCGs (like Urban Rivals) or arcade TCGs (Animal Kaiser). We could make a thread about TCGs!
The Following User Says Thank You to Monox D. I-Fly For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-02-18)