ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-18, 06:55 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,251 Times in 5,495 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Thanks. I’m no king though. Just a guy who heats and cools large buildings. And apparently now zoo exhibits for animals that need climate control. Lol
aeon (03-04-18), Little Missy (03-04-18), Lunacie (03-04-18), psychopathetic (03-04-18), stef (03-05-18)
Old 03-04-18, 07:00 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,790 Times in 7,374 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

lol I don't remember why...I just remember doing it...calling you King Daves as a nick name several years ago. Now anytime I think of you I just automatically think "King Dave!" lol
I know...I'm a dork. >.<'

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-04-18), stef (03-05-18)
Old 03-04-18, 08:38 AM

Thanked 21,264 Times in 11,393 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
Thanks. I’m no king though. Just a guy who heats and cools large buildings. And apparently now zoo exhibits for animals that need climate control. Lol
And bless you for that TripleDDD.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-04-18), daveddd (03-05-18), Lunacie (03-04-18), psychopathetic (03-04-18), stef (03-05-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-18, 10:41 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

So I bought a new set of sheets and pillowcases for my bed.

At checkout, the teenage cashier boy was holding the "brick" of them, looking intently at it, when he turned to me and asked "what exactly is this?"

"It's a fitted sheet, top sheet, and two pillowcases." I replied.

"I had no idea they were so expensive." he said.

"You can get less expensive sets," I offered, "but they won't be as smooth."

"So scratchy!" he exclaimed.

"Basically, yeah." I said.

He returned to scanning my items.

"I've got a tip for you that may or may not be relevant to your situation, but it should be good if you're ever buying a present for your mom, or a sister, if you have any." I said.

"Yeah?"

I said "Human females have skin that is, on average, four times thinner than a man's. So if and when you are buying bedding for a bed a woman is going to sleep in, buy the good stuff. They won't tolerate scratchy the same way we can."

"Wow, I had no idea. So these are worth it, huh?" he mused.

"They are to me, and only the best for my sweetie." I beamed.

"Right on." he replied.

And that was that and I was on my way.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-05-18), Little Missy (03-04-18), stef (03-05-18)
Old 03-05-18, 01:43 PM

Thanked 21,264 Times in 11,393 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Another day of The Big Winds.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-05-18), Lunacie (03-05-18), psychopathetic (03-05-18), stef (03-05-18)
Old 03-05-18, 02:07 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,352 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Fair warning. I cannot think of any reason for anyone to read this. I just have a compulsion to write it down and post it. Donno why. :-/

Tom's Coffee Titration Started Yesterday.

I love coffee, but due to it causing too much stimulation w/ the Dex I only drank rarely and normally 1-2 Decaf. Now if you're careful and plan ahead you can get acceptable decaf, but not from any coffee shops near to me. Their Decaf SUXS and tbh so do the other offerings. Even for the better Decafs the process takes away from the cup itself and limits what is available. All I want is 2-3 cups/day at the time of my choosing and not get overstimulated (not like too much Dex, more like eyes bugged out, muscles a little tense, sometimes overly talkative or animated. Yanno Aeon's go-go spank) for 6 hours. Honest 2 big mugs in the morning has me like that until 2-3 in the afternoon and diminishes my appetite. Back when I was younger, smoked like a train and was good-looking (OK you caught me I was never good-looking) 2 pots/day or more was the norm and I could drink coffee in the evening and go straight to sleep.

My plan is to see if I am able to titrate up to the 2-3 mugs/day w/ minimal impact. Treating it like stimulant meds, I am going to set minimal dosing, stick w/ it for a cupla weeks and evaluate. I started w/ 1- ~12oz mug in the morning yesterday. If over stimulation doesn't drop off after 2-3 weeks, I'll probably call an end to it. If it does drop off, I'll add a second cup at some point. For those that read this far, remember I told you not to. ;-) -LN
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-05-18), Fuzzy12 (03-11-18), Little Missy (03-05-18), psychopathetic (03-05-18), stef (03-06-18)
Old 03-05-18, 03:55 PM

Thanked 25,734 Times in 12,011 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Another day of The Big Winds.
Same here. OMG my head is splitting, woke me up at 3 am and hasn't stopped yet.

Fire danger is huge, grass fires were bad on Saturday and Sunday.
Today they're a couple of counties over.

And the search for a missing 5 year old boy is in the 15th day, police are certain
he didn't just walk out of the house while his step-mom was napping as she
claims.

Step-mom is in jail charged with child-endangerment involving her 1-year old
daughter. Her older sons live with their father.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-05-18), psychopathetic (03-05-18), stef (03-06-18)
Old 03-05-18, 04:12 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was the day of the constant wind.

Today has been thundersleet for 12 hours, now transitioning to thundersnow, expected 12+ inches north of the Twin Cities, ~9 inches across the metro...and because of the temp, and the previous sleet, it will be heart-attack heavy and wet, and it should be treacherously slick as the underlayer freezes to a thin sheet of ice. Snowfall rates are expected to be above 1 inch per hour, at times reaching 2 inches per hour. Visibility is less than 1/5 of a mile.

Thunder and lightening is very pretty and different looking and sounding when it is snowing. And somewhere beyond all of that they say there is a sun, but I don't believe that one iota.

Fun Times,
Ian
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-05-18), Lunacie (03-05-18), psychopathetic (03-05-18), stef (03-06-18)
Old 03-05-18, 04:55 PM

Thanked 25,734 Times in 12,011 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Yesterday was the day of the constant wind.

Today has been thundersleet for 12 hours, now transitioning to thundersnow, expected 12+ inches north of the Twin Cities, ~9 inches across the metro...and because of the temp, and the previous sleet, it will be heart-attack heavy and wet, and it should be treacherously slick as the underlayer freezes to a thin sheet of ice. Snowfall rates are expected to be above 1 inch per hour, at times reaching 2 inches per hour. Visibility is less than 1/5 of a mile.

Thunder and lightening is very pretty and different looking and sounding when it is snowing. And somewhere beyond all of that they say there is a sun, but I don't believe that one iota.

Fun Times,
Ian
Stay safe on those slick roads. Snow on top of sleet/freezing rain/ice is treacherous.

Thunder and lightning mixed with sleet/freezing rain/ice is interesting, but not
as much fun as when they come with snow.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-05-18), stef (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 01:39 AM

So I cleared off my car and went for a night drive (for food) like a damned fool.

I saw 2 other cars (in 20 minutes), but otherwise it was me and the plows.

Max speed on a road that is usually 55 was 35mph...and yes, it was slick, and the snow depth didn't help things at intersections.

Rear-wheel drive FTW!

It's sleetsnowing right now. They have a chance of having the roads ready for the morning crawl and slog, but if it keeps coming down at the current rate, it is going to be a real cluster.

I park on a small hill, so to get up it I got a running start from a side street, and when I got to the hill I turned off my traction control and floored it. My back end swung out perfectly and I drifted my car through 4-5 inches of virgin snow, making a huge plume as the RPMs approached 6,000. This got me turned around just right and I eased off and rolled into my spot.

Fun? Yes, but I know from past experience that if I don't do that, I will get stuck in the snow, and quite simply, I was having none of that.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-08-18), Little Missy (03-06-18), Little Nut (03-06-18), Lunacie (03-06-18), psychopathetic (03-06-18), stef (03-06-18)
Old 03-08-18, 09:00 PM

daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

when i say "i did my time" it's not cliche , Its not symbolic

I did my time

ive done my time
aeon (03-09-18), Little Missy (03-08-18), Little Nut (03-09-18), stef (03-09-18)
Old 03-09-18, 11:46 AM

so I'm back at the zoo again today(snow leopard exhibit we are building)

the area surrounding the building their house will be is going to be habitat , not concrete

so its been up and down 30-40 degrees, lots of snow, wet

its literally like walking through quick sand to get to the building structure

and i just got 6 condensers with matching split wall units, 8 mushroom exhaust fans and about 100 feet of duct work delivered

so my day will be trudging through knee deep mud walking all this stuff into the building
aeon (03-09-18), Little Missy (03-09-18), Lunacie (03-09-18), namazu (03-09-18)
Old 03-10-18, 11:11 PM

anybody home?
aeon (03-10-18), psychopathetic (03-10-18)
Old 03-11-18, 12:00 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,790 Times in 7,374 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
anybody home?
Depends.

Who's there?
And did you bring any food?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-11-18), Lunacie (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 12:44 AM

Thanked 29,940 Times in 13,824 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Fair warning. I cannot think of any reason for anyone to read this. I just have a compulsion to write it down and post it. Donno why. :-/

Tom's Coffee Titration Started Yesterday.

I love coffee, but due to it causing too much stimulation w/ the Dex I only drank rarely and normally 1-2 Decaf. Now if you're careful and plan ahead you can get acceptable decaf, but not from any coffee shops near to me. Their Decaf SUXS and tbh so do the other offerings. Even for the better Decafs the process takes away from the cup itself and limits what is available. All I want is 2-3 cups/day at the time of my choosing and not get overstimulated (not like too much Dex, more like eyes bugged out, muscles a little tense, sometimes overly talkative or animated. Yanno Aeon's go-go spank) for 6 hours. Honest 2 big mugs in the morning has me like that until 2-3 in the afternoon and diminishes my appetite. Back when I was younger, smoked like a train and was good-looking (OK you caught me I was never good-looking) 2 pots/day or more was the norm and I could drink coffee in the evening and go straight to sleep.

My plan is to see if I am able to titrate up to the 2-3 mugs/day w/ minimal impact. Treating it like stimulant meds, I am going to set minimal dosing, stick w/ it for a cupla weeks and evaluate. I started w/ 1- ~12oz mug in the morning yesterday. If over stimulation doesn't drop off after 2-3 weeks, I'll probably call an end to it. If it does drop off, I'll add a second cup at some point. For those that read this far, remember I told you not to. ;-) -LN
How's it going with the cover titration?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-11-18)