ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-20, 03:24 PM
Jr Member

Slimmm is on a distinguished road
Does anyone share my symptoms? Is this ADHD?

TL/DR: I am always rushing, even when I have all the time in the world. I seldom procrastinate. I just rush rush rush.

I rush everywhere. It always feels like I'm in a race. I can't stand to be stuck in traffic, in lines at stores, anywhere. If I have eight free hours and two hours worth of things to do, I rush to get them done. If I have three things to do, I can't concentrate on doing the first thing, because I'm already thinking about the second and third thing.

My normal p-doc has treated me for anxiety, but no meds have worked. Admittedly I have only tried one benzo - Ativan 2.5mg. I took them a few times just to try them, but they did nothing but make me a little clumsy.

I have a second p-doc who doesn't talk much and gave me Adderall first and now Concerta. (The Adderall didn't help, but I can't help but wonder if it was legit, because it was Aurobindo, which almost everyone says is junk.) I've taken Concerta for three days now and it's not made me feel anything but less hungry.

I've read about how some meds can slow ADHD sufferers down, allowing them to concentrate. Of course, some other med may help me, but for now, the only thing that slows me down is if I have some kind of problem. If something semi-important or serious is hanging over my head, the world slows down. I'm no longer in a hurry. It's as if the problem stops me from overfocusing on tasks, and allows me to do them at a normal pace without anxiety.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slimmm For This Useful Post:
madmax988 (02-13-20)
Old 01-29-20, 04:16 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,653 Times in 7,941 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does anyone share my symptoms? Is this ADHD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmm View Post
TL/DR: I am always rushing, even when I have all the time in the world. I seldom procrastinate. I just rush rush rush.

I rush everywhere. It always feels like I'm in a race. I can't stand to be stuck in traffic, in lines at stores, anywhere. If I have eight free hours and two hours worth of things to do, I rush to get them done. If I have three things to do, I can't concentrate on doing the first thing, because I'm already thinking about the second and third thing.

My normal p-doc has treated me for anxiety, but no meds have worked. Admittedly I have only tried one benzo - Ativan 2.5mg. I took them a few times just to try them, but they did nothing but make me a little clumsy.

I have a second p-doc who doesn't talk much and gave me Adderall first and now Concerta. (The Adderall didn't help, but I can't help but wonder if it was legit, because it was Aurobindo, which almost everyone says is junk.) I've taken Concerta for three days now and it's not made me feel anything but less hungry.

I've read about how some meds can slow ADHD sufferers down, allowing them to concentrate. Of course, some other med may help me, but for now, the only thing that slows me down is if I have some kind of problem. If something semi-important or serious is hanging over my head, the world slows down. I'm no longer in a hurry. It's as if the problem stops me from overfocusing on tasks, and allows me to do them at a normal pace without anxiety.
Unfortunately, I’m the opposite. I’m slow and constantly procrastinate without the stimulation of anxiety. Anxiety is the most motivating factor in my life. It causes me to rush and stress along with making semi-important or serious things seem like emergencies.

I think many ADHD meds. do help with slowing down the mind or the body in many ADHD patients. I’m primarily inattentive and Adderall slows down the racing thoughts in my mind so I can focus better.

My ADHD daughter is primarily hyperactive ADHD and meds significantly slow her down physically.

Aurobindo was by far the worst Adderall I’ve ever had. Perhaps changing to another generic Adderall may help. Also, the dose makes a big difference for me. Too much or too little causes me similar negative effects. Determining the proper dose is difficult but critical. Most Dr’s usually start low and titrate up until they reach the most efficacious dose.

Many here also report good results with Dextroamphetamine.

Good luck finding the right med. and the proper dosage. My Dr. and I spent over a year trying to get it right.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Slimmm (01-29-20)
Old 02-02-20, 09:24 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

i felt like i was reading myself , i have no patience and i am trying to do 3days job in 1 day(cant focus on first , also thinking about second third)

probably we share common symptoms
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Slimmm (02-03-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-20, 05:26 PM
Jr Member

Bimsybims is on a distinguished road

Idk if this helps you but my stepfather does this, though he is undiagnosed there's defenitly some NPD going on with him.
He will rush up in the middle of dinner to answer the phone or run to it if it's ringing.
He's not always rushing but if he is stressed he will easily start kinda walk-run places and act very rushed.
Old 02-19-20, 06:03 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,200 Times in 15,402 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmm View Post

I think impatience plays into this. There are days where I am extremely tolerant of stuff like this and others where I cant stand it. I do not feel like I am in a race but I am always "running around". I do not work but have a family to care for which involves errands and stuff like that.
Quote:
I also have anxiety and take buspar which took about 6 weeks to help.
Quote:
I do not know if the brand of adderall you took would have been the culprit but did you try different doses and formulations before switching? I took dexedrine for 7 years before switching to adderall and I have tried both instant release and extended release and I can only deal with adderall xr.
Quote:
I think some of us are able to have good focus with problems. Sometimes the "pressure" from last minute crisis's to solve actually seem to make us more productive.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 02-19-20, 11:48 PM
ADDvanced Member

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Sometimes the "pressure" from last minute crisis's to solve actually seem to make us more productive.
Does it really work like this, though? For me, it more like when I have more time I held back my ideas which I'm not really sure about and only show the ideas which I'm really sure. When push comes to shove, it's time to release everything in my arsenal which is my self-proclaimed not-so-good ideas.