ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-10, 08:41 PM

Brat66 is on a distinguished road
Re: College and ADHD-How does everyone study?

Wanted to share a positive note - I am making this work and I'm almost done.

Just a little further and I'll get the degree I've wanted for so long.

I an in third year of a BA degree right now. It is all uphill but I have learned some things that keep me focused on the targets.
Biggest was investing the money into buying Kurzwell 3000 software to help me with my reading. I have a ton of reading to do and staying in the chair is like having my fingernails pulled out. With the reader I am forced to focus on the text. My eye is dragged across the screen as I hear the words being spoke by the software. I wish I had this thing on day one. It is not perfect, but a great improvement. I am getting through my reading assignments and I feel better prepared for class. The reading list for my program is very heavy.
Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by Brat66; 02-08-10 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: typo - go figure.