ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-18, 04:50 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,826 Times in 13,491 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Willow's Diary/Blog Typed by her human, supervised by Willow)

Hi world, my name is Willow (I was called Mushroom before I was rehomed) and I wanted my new human meowmy to start me a blog so I can tell everyone all about my adventures in my life.

Yesterday was a very exciting day. I'd settled in my cage with the other cat I was sharing with when I saw my human aunties coming into the cage with a carrier. Uh oh, what's going on here? I know what carrier means, it means a trip to the vet!

It took two of my human aunties to catch me and put me in the carrier. They brought me out to the office in the carrier to hand me over to my new human meowmy.

My human meowmy then took charge of the carrier and we started the long journey away from where I thought I would stay forever, I was meowing loudly the whole way to let my human meowmy know that I don't like scary journeys.

I got very stressed and had a little whoopsie in my carrier but my human meowmy was very understanding and comforted me during the scary journey back.

We eventually arrived back to my new home where I found out I would be sharing with another cat called Tigger. Tigger met us at the door and I was very scared in the carrier so I had a hiss at her, but my human meowmy took me straight upstairs and let me out into a strange room. I crept out of the carrier and had a little wander round but then got scared and hid under the duvet. Human meowmy left me alone to settle in but left some yummy food down for me, which I came out and licked before going to hide again.

Later on, I had another human visitor who brought me some yummy chicken. I came out to say thank you by rubbing round before everything got too scary again, so I hid again for the rest of the night.

Today, I followed my human meowmy out of the bedroom when she had to get up early to go downstairs for a few minutes and I came face to face with Tigger again. I got scared again and had another hiss at Tigger to warn her away and this time Tigger kept her distance. I've ventured as far as the sitting room downstairs so far but going any further than that is too scary at the moment. Tigger's just watched me curiously so far.

I need to go find a safe place to hide again, I'll post again during the week, world.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-04-18), Lunacie (11-04-18), namazu (11-04-18), psychopathetic (11-05-18), tudorose (11-04-18)
Old 11-04-18, 06:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,354 Times in 13,987 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Willow's Diary/Blog Typed by her human, supervised by Willow)

Awww!! Take good care of your meowmy as I know she will do of you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-04-18), psychopathetic (11-05-18)
Old 11-05-18, 12:28 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,378 Times in 7,653 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Awww! I love you Moo-Moo! <3

My Tigsy is a real sweety once you get to know her! I'm quite positive the 2 of you will get along great once you've settled into your new lovely home a bit more!
I can't wait to hear about all the adventures and mischief the 2 of you get into! hehe

Now you live waaaaay across the map from me...so I can't give you real life 3d world hugs and cuddles...but I can send you lots and lots of e-(((hugs)))!!

(((((((((((((((((((((MOO-MOO)))))))))))))))))))))

p.s.
hehe...now I know your lovely name is Willow...in fact I like to think I played a roll in helping your meowmy pick the name (I suggested the name, and then I was quite loud and vocal in trying to convince everyone else to vote for the name! lol )...
But...
To me, you'll always be Moo-Moo!
Just know that I call you Moo out of love and in a playful manner...no disrespect is meant at all!

Love ya kitty! Can't wait to hear more from you!

XoXoXo

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-05-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-18, 12:30 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again world, this is Willow supervising my human again with typing a new blog post.

I've had another eventful week so far and it's only Tuesday! My human meowmy has had the sitting room door open and has let me explore the rest of the house, meaning I've come face to face with Tigger again several times now. This afternoon I've been able to sniff noses with Tigger with no hisses, growls or any fuss on the part of either of us. I've also been eating out of Tigger's bowl, which has meant Tigger ate out of my bowl and I've let her eat my share of dinner and I've eaten her share of dinner.

I'm getting more talkative to my human meowmy as well, I've given her a little half-meow-half-chirrup this afternoon and I was playing with a mousie last night, causing my human meowmy to get the camera out. As soon as I saw it in her hand I stopped playing and tried to convince her she'd seen Tigger playing, it wasn't me playing with mousie! She does not believe me though .....

I snoozed on the human bed for a little bit last night before getting scared by the whizzbangs and running off to find somewhere else to hide again. The whizzbangs can whizzbang off, I don't like them.

I am currently trying to convince my human that I would like to start going outside now please, but she says it's too soon and I might go missing.

I'm going to go finish up some of Tigger's leftovers now, speak again soon world.

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
tudorose (11-07-18)
Old 11-09-18, 04:31 PM

Hi again world, I've had a few adventures over the past couple of days.

First adventure was my human meowmy let Tigger outside and when Tigger came back if I didn't realise it was Tigger so hissed at her before realising it was Tigger coming back in. Tigger smelled different which confused me and I got worried and fretted.

I've jumped in the bath today to find out why Tigger keeps telling me about Bath Mice, I discovered there's something wet in the bottom of the bath which got my paws, so I was trying to shake the soggy stuff off my paws to get rid of it.

Don't tell my human meowmy though, I gave Tigger a wash earlier and when I heard the door open I decided I was NOT going to carry on with the wash, I pretended it wasn't me washing Tigger, honest!

A dog newsletter arrived though the post as well, so I buried it under the mat. That's what I think to THAT coming through the letter box.

Me and Tigger have been running around playing chase-me-chase-me while human meowmy's been at work, don't tell her this either!

I've found where the yummy dreamies treats are kept and as soon as I can get to them I'm going to shred the bag and share all the dreamies with Tigger.

Time I went to stare at the dreamies treat tin again, see if human meowmy gets the hint that I really need some dreamies now. Until next time, world.

Fuzzy12 (11-18-18)
Old 11-10-18, 05:17 PM

My human meowmy is so silly. She left out a packet of webbox treats (she forgot it was on the table) and I decided to raid it from the table and chewed the packaging open to get to the yummy nomnoms. I also raided the treat tin for a bag of dreamies treats so human meowmy has Willow-proofed all the food now. Spoilsport.

I've also sneaked outside really quick for the first time, but I heard a neighbour moving around so got fretful and ran back inside to get away from the scary outside world.

Meowmy is on the lookout now for toys just for me, which I like the sound of. She says if Tigger gets feather toys she'll destroy them within minutes. That's what they are there for, surely? I've helped Tigger destroy one toy mousie already but meowmy does not know about that, we hid mousie under meowmy's bed to save for later. Don't tell her where it is though!

I'm going to go see if it's still there so Tigger can shred it if she wants to, but for now it's time I had a bit more dinner. Both me and Tigger save some dinner and play musical bowls with each other.

Speak again soon, world.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-18-18), Lunacie (11-10-18), stef (11-11-18), tudorose (11-10-18)
Old 11-12-18, 03:35 PM

Hi again world, Willow here.

There's been a lot of excitement this weekend and I'm not sure I like it. I followed Tigger outside when she went to make sure everything was okay out there, then got scared and didn't even dare come back inside without being called back in by human meowmy. I started off curiously, but fear got the better of me and I forgot the door was still open. The scary outside can stay out there, I want no part of it!

Meowmy says I may decide at a later time that outside isn't scary but I gave her a "you have GOT to be joking!" look.

I've been having some fun today though, I've been chirruping and running around the house on my own, Tigger's been joining in a bit but I'm the one who started the fun game and wanted to continue with it.

Tigger likes hiding in the tunnel and keeps making the Tunnel Monster make scary crinkling noises though. I know it's the Tunnel Monster doing it because Tigger doesn't make those noises when she's running around outside of the tunnel monster.

I've really developed a taste for webbox treats now, meowmy's had to put them in the kitchen and shut the kitchen door so I can't get to them - meanie!

I have a new hobby as well now: any post that has a picture of a stinky dog in it I bury under the mat. That's what I think to THAT creature. If I could bury them in the litter tray I would. Stinky dogs.

Meowmy wants to make the washing machine make scary noises again so it's time I found somewhere to hide where the washing machine monster can't get me. Laters, world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-18-18), stef (11-13-18)
Old 11-12-18, 07:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

excelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like you've had quite the adventure! And it seems Meowmie's doing better, too!
The Following User Says Thank You to excelsior For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-18-18)
Old 11-18-18, 08:14 AM

Hi again world, this week's been fairly quiet but there's been a couple of exciting things happen.

Me and Tigger have been playing chase-me-chase-me and I got over excited and tried to jump from the table across the room, meowmy's not sure where I was aiming for but I ended up crash landing onto one of the chairs and fell off the chair onto the floor. Of course, I was fine but meowmy rushed over thinking I was hurt, I quickly told her I wasn't and told her all about the meanie floor jumping up to get me.

Tigger's shown me what to do with the tunnel monster so I've been playing in there recently and I've decided Tigger's toy mousies are exciting, so I took one hostage under the table and then took it into my bed to finish it off.

I went outside yesterday afternoon and both me and Tigger chased away a strange cat away from OUR territory, next door's cat invites herself into the yard so I had a hiss and a growl at her and chased her away, Tigger helped me chase her under the gate because I didn't quite dare to go up to the gate.

Meowmy cooked me some yummy chicken last night, she gave Tigger some as well but Tigger played football with it all round the floor so I went over there to show her what she's supposed to do with it. You snooze, you lose, Tigger.

Meowmy's just opened the door so I'm going to go see what the new smells are, I'm a bit nervous of them but I've been outside twice now with nothing scary happen. Laters, world.

Last edited by midnightstar; 11-18-18 at 08:25 AM..
Fuzzy12 (11-18-18), stef (11-18-18)
Old 11-21-18, 06:08 PM

Hi again world, Willow here again.

Last night there was a scary Wind Monster outside, I could hear it and was pacing around most of the nght trying to find a place where I couldn't hear it out there. Tigger realised I was fretting and got meowmy out of bed really early to comfort me, which I'm grateful for. Meowmy was sat with me for nearly an hour while the wind monster was trying to get into the house. I can still hear it but the noise is less now.

I went outside again today to find out whether the wind monster was out there or whether it had gone away earlier, it was still making a noise but I couldn't see anything scary out there so had a little wander before the wind monster sneaked up on me and pushed my fur up the wrong way, which I found scary so ran back inside to get away from it.

Me and Tigger have had plenty of fun chase-me-chase-me games lately. I have great fun making Tigger's tail puff up in excitement during those games. It's fun.

I've found out where meowmy's hidden the dreamies treats so I keep trying to open the tin to get to the yummy dreamies. Meanie meowmy's fastened the tin up too tight though so the lid won't come off if I knock it onto the floor. Meowmy says I have a lot of smarts (which I already know I'm smart!)

Time I went to find that nice warm spot by the heater before Tigger nicks it. Laters, world.

Lunacie (11-22-18), namazu (11-21-18)
Old 11-21-18, 06:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

excelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of lightexcelsior is a glorious beacon of light

'Hey dol! merry dol! ring a ding dillo!
Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excelsior For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-21-18), namazu (11-21-18)
Old 11-24-18, 04:17 PM

Hi again world, Willow here. I've been a very brave girl today. This afternoon I've been outside, not just by the back door but I braved wandering into next door's garden for a little explore. I stood by their shed for a few minutes having a little look around before other neighbours started being noisy and scared me back inside, because I thought the scary Noise Monster was going to chase me (and not in a chase-me-chase-me game kind of way)

Before that, early hours of this morning, Tigger was tucked up in bed under meowmy's duvet with meowmy, Tigger decided to get up to have a stretch and go for a little wander, so I jumped up into bed with meowmy and tucked myself in. At first, meowmy thought I was Tigger (because meowmy can't see without her glasses, nice to know for when it's de-flea time or de-worm time, do you think she'll fall for it if I hide that stinky stuff and put dreamies treats there instead?), but meowmy saw my white patches and realised it was me and not Tigger, she did let me snuggle down under the duvet and rest my head on the pillow a little bit so I could see when Tigger came back for a snuggle)

Meowmy's got out the lovely long toys today as well, they move about quickly and get very exciting and they need hunting. We had a lovely game of pouncies with them, until I grabbed it and took it away into a dark corner to make sure it was "dead" before Tigger could finish it off. It's not fair though, meowmy got two of them out and I couldn't decide which one to go for at first!

Meowmy's had to shut the dreamies tin completely away as well, she went out today, leaving the dreamies treat tin where she normally keeps it and I'd worked out how to get to it and how to get it open so there were yummy dreamies all over the floor. Meanie meowmy rescued loads of them from me though, there was just a few that she missed that me and Tigger ate.

Anyway, time I went to see if I can work out how to get into the dreamies tin's new home, laters world.

Lunacie (11-24-18)
Old 11-26-18, 08:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

A little adventurer! Like Dora... 'Ola, Amigos!'
Old 11-30-18, 03:18 PM

Hi again world, I've been having fun this week. Earlier this week, Meowmy found that one of her socks had gone walkies, so she came to find out where it had got to and she saw me hiding with it under the table, telling it off for being a naughty sockie. I'd taken it in my mouth and hid under the table with it and kept staring it into submission and every time I decided naughty sockie was trying to move away from me I'd smack it to tell it that it has to stay there.

We had another naughty cat come into the garden earlier in the week as well, a white male that Tigger loves. He came sneaking up the garden and as soon as I knew he was out there I YOWLED by the back door loudly to tell meowmy "open the door NOW", so she did open it for me, then Tigger ran outside to say hi to her friend but I rushed outside as well, then crouched down low, puffed my tail and the fur along my back up and started creeping towards him to tell him to go away. He saw me coming and fled from the garden and so far he hasn't been back. Meowmy didn't hear me warning him but I quietly warned him that if he EVER comes back into the garden I will eat him in one mouthful.

Me and Tigger have both started playing hide and seek, the place I like hiding is the carrier. Tigger does not know that in there is where I hide, but when I hide in other places, like behind the door, we play patty paws through the gaps, which is another fun game. Meowmy calls that game "tag you're it" but I call it patty paws and run away. Such a fun game.

I am determined that I WILL get into the Christmas present cupboard, because all the Christmas presents are MINE (and Tigger's)

I've been on the windowsill watching the birdies as well. I don't mind the little birdies coming into the garden but the bigger birdies are trespassing, so I tell them to go away sharpish.

It's time I went and tried to raid the Christmas presents again, while meowmy's distracted. Laters, world.

Old 12-05-18, 06:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

Sounds like you've got a really fun place to play and learn cat stuff!
The Following User Says Thank You to excelsior For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (12-10-18)