ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-18, 05:22 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,381 Times in 13,999 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I'm not British which probably explains it.

Also, I work in AI but not in making humans extinct..at least not all of them...

What bothers me is though that I've just spent two hours online again when I just wanted to browse for fifteen minutes while relaxing with a cup of tea. And now I want another cup of tea. Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm browsing my life away.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-25-18), psychopathetic (10-25-18), Vrantic (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 06:00 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,280 Times in 5,378 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I said something to try to express empathy to someone who I know is a toxic person. It predictably backfired and now my social anxiety is flaring a lot and I canít stop replaying the conversation.

It doesnít help that I truly donít fit in with either clique. Iím so tired of having to bite my tongue *all* day long. I work in a high school. Iím tired of feeling like Iím back in high school.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-25-18), Fuzzy12 (10-25-18), lisariver (10-25-18), Lunacie (10-25-18), psychopathetic (10-25-18), stef (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 06:01 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,420 Times in 7,677 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
It's difficult for me to imagine this scenario because you come across as someone very kind and also very polite.
XoXoXo
Thanks for all the kind words Fuzz Fuzz McBuzz Buzz.

I think I'm coming across as an a-hole to people...cause sometimes I can be a bit too blunt. I can say things very directly without running them through filters first to make them sound polite.
In my head I don't see myself as a jerk at all...I'm actually very confused a lot of times when I say things and people are put off by it.

I think I may have a bit of very high functioning autism going on...and I think this is a part of that.

And sometimes I feel like I just can't stand around when certain things are happening. I feel compelled to speak out.
It doesn't happen too often...but it does happen.

I understand people's reactions to me after I think about it most the time. I'm just too up front. I don't come across as angry or mean...I just come across as cold I think. I don't say this stuff with a negative attitude...though I probably come across that way sometimes even though I don't mean to.

And I'm in no way a bully about any of this stuff...I'm also VERY open to discussion and hearing people out when I get this way. In fact that what I want most the time when I'm doing this...I want a mature discussion.

I don't know...I'm just a very logical thinker and I'm honest and sometimes I'm too blunt and frank for people...and I think I'm so honest they just don't know how to react to me sometimes.
I don't mean to come across as being an a-hole or anything. I'm just calling things out as they are.

I just feel misunderstood sometimes.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-25-18), lisariver (10-25-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-18, 06:04 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
I said something to try to express empathy to someone who I know is a toxic person. It predictably backfired.
Gah! Sounds just like the sort of thing that would happen with my dad.

(((((((Tyg-Tygs)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 06:57 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
I said something to try to express empathy to someone who I know is a toxic person. It predictably backfired and now my social anxiety is flaring a lot and I canít stop replaying the conversation.

It doesnít help that I truly donít fit in with either clique. Iím so tired of having to bite my tongue *all* day long. I work in a high school. Iím tired of feeling like Iím back in high school.
Tyger I never fit in anywhere either. I also replay conversations. I can relate but I don't have advice except maybe try to distract yourself with something fun. Don't waste time on toxic people. You tried. You were nice. If they can't accept that it's not your problem.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-25-18), psychopathetic (10-25-18), Rebelyell (10-25-18), stef (10-26-18)
Old 10-25-18, 07:00 AM

I've got two dishes in the oven and one on the hob. I feel like a domestic goddess. I just wish I'd wasted only one hour rather than two because now of course I'm way too late and can't finish anything.

I've been baking some decent muffins though (even though fuzzling begs to differ though I just can't understand whY. Even hubby likes them). I need to leave I latest 45min. The kitchen is a mess and I haven't even showered yet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-25-18), psychopathetic (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 07:05 AM

What's a hob?

And whatcha cookin me for breakfast (hehe it's only 5am here on my tiny speck of the world map)?

(((((((Fuzz-Fuzz)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

lisariver (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 07:07 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,280 Times in 5,378 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Hob=burner. I would love a muffin.

And if work wasn’t bad enough, there is a car that’s been intermittently beeping all night long. Our ahole next door neighbor was banging on the girl across the street’s door so hard I thought he was knocking on our door. And yelling. I don’t think it’s her car that’s the problem.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-25-18), namazu (10-26-18), psychopathetic (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 09:38 AM

Thanked 4,017 Times in 2,069 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

This is the 5th time I've forgotten to turn off the stove/oven in the past few months. What is going on? No wonder everyone keeps complaining my mind has suddenly gone downhill since retirement.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-25-18), namazu (10-26-18), psychopathetic (10-25-18), stef (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post

Oh gosh dang it!

Now this dang song is totally stuck in my head!

The part at 00:33 just keeps playing in my head on repeat. All freaking day!

MOO MOO MOO MOO...MOOOOOO!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 10-25-18, 05:51 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,776 Times in 10,449 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Now this dang song is totally stuck in my head!

The part at 00:33 just keeps playing in my head on repeat. All freaking day!

MOO MOO MOO MOO...MOOOOOO!
Have you seen this one yet? Maybe it will help. Should at least put a smile on your face.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
lisariver (10-25-18), psychopathetic (10-25-18)
Old 10-26-18, 06:29 AM

...i can't sleep...I Can't Sleep...I CAN'T SLEEP!!!

I slept for 4 solid hours, but then I woke up feeling very much so awake and unable to fall back asleep.
Been going through this for over a week now...I'm not liking it a bit and it's causing daytime tiredness.

I saw my pill lady on tuesday, but she mentioned something about how they're really cracking down on prescription meds in my area...so I suggested instead of trying sleeping pills...I'd just try melatonin for now.
Only I don't have the money to buy any till next month. /sigh

Ah well...I'm just a bit frustrated.

I have this ball of freaking energy that builds up in my chest and back and it's sometimes painful.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Lunacie (10-26-18)
Old 10-26-18, 07:49 AM

Thanked 10,966 Times in 5,888 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I never feel like I fit in or am the 3rd wheel I don't know what is wrong w me or why I feel this way?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-26-18), stef (10-26-18)
Old 10-26-18, 07:56 AM

Vrantic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I never feel like I fit in or am the 3rd wheel I don't know what is wrong w me or why I feel this way?

Hope it helps you to know that youre not the only one feeling this way
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vrantic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-26-18), Little Missy (10-26-18), psychopathetic (10-26-18), Rebelyell (10-26-18), stef (10-26-18)
Old 10-26-18, 08:13 AM

(((Rebs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Rebelyell (10-26-18)