ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 01-12-19, 01:05 PM

Kasie B has disabled reputation
Has anyone tried Adzenys XR ODT?

I just started Adzenys XR ODT 3 days ago and wonder if anyone else here has tried it. I donít really find a whole lot of user experiences when I google it.

My doc started me on the 9.4 and gave instruction to try 2 in the same dose if I felt like it. I did that this morning. I was a little apprehensive to try 2, but so far so good...I havenít fallen asleep or freaked out or anything. I actually feel, hmmm, just status quo I guess. Then again, I went from forum lurker to this being my 2nd post (first was today also) so maybe itís doing more than I realize.

Anyway, Iíd love to hear your experience if youíre currently taking it or have tried it.

Kasie
The Following User Says Thank You to Kasie B For This Useful Post:
DanielGM1970 (01-12-19)
Old 01-12-19, 01:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

DanielGM1970 is a splendid one to beholdDanielGM1970 is a splendid one to beholdDanielGM1970 is a splendid one to beholdDanielGM1970 is a splendid one to beholdDanielGM1970 is a splendid one to beholdDanielGM1970 is a splendid one to beholdDanielGM1970 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Has anyone tried Adzenys XR ODT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasie B View Post
I just started Adzenys XR ODT 3 days ago and wonder if anyone else here has tried it. I donít really find a whole lot of user experiences when I google it.

My doc started me on the 9.4 and gave instruction to try 2 in the same dose if I felt like it. I did that this morning. I was a little apprehensive to try 2, but so far so good...I havenít fallen asleep or freaked out or anything. I actually feel, hmmm, just status quo I guess. Then again, I went from forum lurker to this being my 2nd post (first was today also) so maybe itís doing more than I realize.

Anyway, Iíd love to hear your experience if youíre currently taking it or have tried it.

Kasie

Is that a stimulant or a non-stimulant? Never heard of it. I'm looking to maybe make the switch off of the stimulant Vyvanse due to the kind of muscular tension and shortness of breath that I've had on the Vyvanse for some time now (that thread on Vyvanse and breathing problems was the first one I contributed to on addf!)

Regards,
D.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
Old 01-12-19, 11:07 PM

Hey Daniel,

Itís just another amphetamine stimulant like Adderall. Itís an oral disintegrating tablet that tastes like baby aspirin, which I happen to kinda like, haha. Itís extended release and actually lasts all day. So far so good.

Itís only been a few days but I think I prefer it to Methylphenidate types. I seem to be more alert with some actual motivation. Iíve had some weird reactions to most drugs Iíve tried so far. Most seem to put me to sleep, no matter the dose.

I didnít care for Vyvanse. I found myself craving sugar constantly. Did you know you can get a 5 lb bag of gummy bears on Amazon? Yeah, you sure can. ******* Amazon Prime.

In the Methylphenidate family I really liked Aptensio XR. It lasted all day and was pretty effective. The only downside was that 5 hrs after taking it I HAD to sleep. I think thatís just one of my weird reactions though, not typical. After a 2 hr nap though, I was good as new and ready for anything!
DanielGM1970 (01-13-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-19, 11:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,099 Times in 5,953 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I can't take stimulants unfortunately due to tourette syndrome but I'll gladly take that 5 pound bag of sugah
Old 01-12-19, 11:56 PM

Rebel,

Seriously, you haven’t lived until you’ve tasted these! I’m a gummy bear connoisseur!

BE62DE55-0201-4BE8-A93C-12D964CFEA38.jpeg

Last edited by Greyhound1; 01-13-19 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: Replaced commercial link with product photo
Rebelyell (01-13-19)
Old 01-13-19, 12:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,099 Times in 5,953 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I do enjoy gummy bears/worms especially the clear ones