ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-18, 07:02 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,763 Times in 7,357 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

(((((((Peri))))))) (((Peri))) (((((((Peri)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-02-18)
Old 05-02-18, 07:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,725 Times in 12,003 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Oh no Luns I sure hope you and everyone in the area will be okay and no tornado decide to touch down near you.
We don't have tornadoes here where I live. I've never had to go to a storm shelter before...but it sounds like a miserable thing to be doing lol.

Does bad weather make your pains flare up?

(((((((Lunsy)))))))

How's my piggy doing? I bet the wind's got him pretty scared.
His name is Reeses right?

(((((((Piggy)))))))
The storm system stretches all the way from El Paso Texas (on the Mexico
border) clear up to International Falls Minnesota (on the border with Canada).
There have been dozens of tornadoes along this storm system.

I've only heard of one here in Kansas today ... so far. The storm system is still
moving east, will be in my area in about half an hour, but there are no severe
cells in our patch at this point. Fingers crossed.

Reeces GuineaPig (like the candy) generally chills out in his igloo. I think it
bothers Daisy Dove more as her cage is in front of the window. She was very
chatty this morning as the sun came up and Nove headed out to school, but
got quiet this afternoon as the clouds moved in.

I've been sitting here with the lights off (noise and light really make my head
hurt today), with the tv turned low enough to hear weather updates, and my
computer screen glowing. They are the only lights in my room.

My uncle Joe died yesterday morning at the age of 80. Out of 8 siblings, there
is only one sister left. Sure glad they scheduled the funeral for Monday, hopefully
the weather will be good again by then.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-02-18), psychopathetic (05-02-18)
Old 05-02-18, 08:12 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
my meds are getting increased and i'm soooooooooooooo tired. it's been a struggle to stay awake today. yesterday i slept all day and e was with the nanny for two excursions. i feel like i'm slogging through knee deep mud, sometimes waist deep. i can't wait for my body to adjust and hope it does so sooner than later.
Adds my wishes that the snoozie side effect passes quickly and the increase
give you peace and quiet.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-02-18), psychopathetic (05-02-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-18, 08:32 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,861 Times in 7,154 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Arghhh! Wife’s car broke down this afternoon on the side of a very busy road! Alternator is shot. Had to jump start the car 4 different times along the way home just to let her battery charge up enough to make it.

We also had a major presentation and meeting scheduled for after work today and I missed it. It was planned for 5:00 pm and my wife called me crying and stranded at 4:30 pm.

I told some of my associates who were also attending the meeting what happened and left immediately. I asked them to please let everyone know and would try to get back for meeting if possible. I got a call from the owner at 5:00 pm asking why I wasn’t there.

Apparently, no one bothered to tell him. Fortunately, he was very understanding and more disappointed in the associates who didn’t tell him.

Just ordered a new alternator that will be here Friday. There goes my Saturday!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18), Little Missy (05-02-18), Lunacie (05-02-18), midnightstar (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-02-18)
Old 05-02-18, 09:12 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Arghhh! Wife’s car broke down this afternoon on the side of a very busy road! Alternator is shot. Had to jump start the car 4 different times along the way home just to let her battery charge up enough to make it.

We also had a major presentation and meeting scheduled for after work today and I missed it. It was planned for 5:00 pm and my wife called me crying and stranded at 4:30 pm.

I told some of my associates who were also attending the meeting what happened and left immediately. I asked them to please let everyone know and would try to get back for meeting if possible. I got a call from the owner at 5:00 pm asking why I wasn’t there.

Apparently, no one bothered to tell him. Fortunately, he was very understanding and more disappointed in the associates who didn’t tell him.

Just ordered a new alternator that will be here Friday. There goes my Saturday!
Holy goodness that's a bunch of problems all at once.
Sounds like a typical Wednesday for someone with ADHD

Glad things worked out with the presentation/meeting. It's awesome that the dude was so understanding and cool.

(((((((Light-Black-Houndsy)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-02-18), midnightstar (05-03-18)
Old 05-02-18, 10:00 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Glad things worked out with the presentation/meeting. It's awesome that the dude was so understanding and cool
Thanks {{{{{{psycho!}}}}}}

He is quite understanding with family issues, thankfully. Other things, not always the case or so cool. He does value family and has his wife, son and daughter all work there on the corporate level.

When my wife calls me crying, stranded and needs my help, I’m going. I’m glad he understood rather than having to just deal with it. Now, I have to find the time, somehow to get filled in on what I missed and will be expected to know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-02-18)
Old 05-02-18, 10:47 PM

After doing some damage and dropping a tornado or two west of our area,
the storms moved through here pretty quietly, just lightning and rain.

But they just reached Kansas City a little bit ago. My sis-in-law in south KC reports one dropped down just blocks from her home, damaged the high school
and her store.

I'm trying to control my anxiety over my granddaughter who lives on the north
side of KC. The poor kid still has PTSD from the tornado that hit when she was
only 3 years old. OMG-OMG-OMG

I'd much rather take shelter and wait for the all-clear to sound than sit here
and wait to hear from family that live hours away. Been through that twice
already. Ugh.

(((((Katlin-Wes-Cody)))))
(((((Carol-Vince-VinceJr-Shelley)))))

Old 05-02-18, 10:58 PM

Weather update ... sis- and bro-in-law okay, heading west to check on their kids right in the path of the storm.

Heard from my granddaughter, she and her boyfriend are on his delivery route
up on the north side of KC and are keeping track of the storms.

She told him they should go storm chasing and he said "F that!"
I told her to give that smart boy a hug from Gramma!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-03-18)
Old 05-02-18, 11:09 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Weather update ... sis- and bro-in-law okay, heading west to check on their kids right in the path of the storm.

Heard from my granddaughter, she and her boyfriend are on his delivery route
up on the north side of KC and are keeping track of the storms.

She told him they should go storm chasing and he said "F that!"
I told her to give that smart boy a hug from Gramma!
I’m with your granddaughter. I would like to chase down one of those big suckers just once to witness in real time, all the awesome power!

Luna, I truly hope you and your family stay safe and out of the tonnado paths.
Old 05-02-18, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I’m with your granddaughter. I would like to chase down one of those big suckers just once to witness in real time, all the awesome power!

Luna, I truly hope you and your family stay safe and out of the tonnado paths.
No! Not a good idea to chase tornadoes at night! Not good!

I saw one from several miles away when I was a young mom.
Pretty much satisfied my tornado hunting for good.

Seen the damage from several since then,
not to mention the damage from the Topeka tornado in '65.
Seeing the damage pretty much put me off doing any chasing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-03-18)
Old 05-02-18, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
when I was a young mom.
So, like..what?
50?
60 years ago?

Okay, carry on!

I've really no idea why you guys put up with a brat such as me! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 05-03-18, 12:11 AM

Quote:
So, like..what?
50?
60 years ago?

Okay, carry on!

I've really no idea why you guys put up with a brat such as me! lol
What are you? 10?

My daughter was only a few months old when we moved to Hutch and the
city flooded. My home town never flooded. That was crazy to see.

A few months later the Hutch area got hit by by a whole string of tornadoes.
My baby was with gramma and grandpa, her dad and I were out fishing with
some friends. The weather felt weird. The guys climbed up the windmill to
get a look. Us gals got in the car to check the radio. Sitting there listening
to the weather report I looked in the rearview mirror and saw it! Big wedge
tornado about 3 or 4 miles away.

We packed up the fishing poles and headed back to town to pick up the baby.
We settled down at our friends house for dinner and cards and listened to the
radio as tornadoes dropped on all sides of Hutch. Fortunately none hit town.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18), Fuzzy12 (05-03-18), midnightstar (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 03:37 AM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm up too late, Dex faded and gone, no dinner, had to deal with computer problems, endure bs phone connection, didn't have info I needed and couldn't get it, forgot to punch in when I started the computer tasks, and I have body ache from having to crawl and lay on the floor.

So at this point what is bothering me?

Aaaaarrrgh! Everything!

Shoot me now,
Ian
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-03-18), Lunacie (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 06:05 AM

/shoots the Aeons in the knee...with a rubber band gun!!

(((((((Aeon)))))))

Hope you're fast asleep by now, that you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go, and that you can get some grub in ya during the a.m. to make up for the lack of dinner.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 10:39 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,352 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:

Hey Hound, just petty me, but I would still ask each of them what they told the meeting owner and if not, why. To any deserving ones, I would point out that I look forward to doing the same for them in the future. Anywhoo, glad the wifey's alternator fix is in the works. -LN
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-03-18), Little Missy (05-03-18), Lunacie (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)