ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-18, 11:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I couldn’t get to sleep last night, so combined with the time I got home, and nothing to eat with any carbs, I was zombified when I woke up.

Despite my best efforts, I was going to be late for work. I could not get moving. Of course, it isn’t their problem I got 90 minutes sleep. Anyway, I found it in myself to text one of my bosses so it didn’t turn into a complete cluster.

On my drive in, I could tell I was out of it enough that I could have been charged under the law. I got some food…it didn’t taste bad or good, and I was not hungry.

Once I was at work I took ibu, Dex, and baclofen. Because I didn’t get any restorative sleep, my whole body is aching and inflamed…even the parts that usually don’t hurt at all.

And the Dex…I hate taking Dex when I am sleep-deprived. In part because it works, and I don’t like cheating that way, or knowing I can. I took it as prescribed, and I will get the benefits, but there will be hell to pay later. And it isn’t like I am 100% anyway.

I’m hair-trigger emotionally labile, though that is lessening as the Dex comes on. A coworker told me that her dog has to be put down. She and I were standing there, crying at the front desk.

As I read greyhound’s post about his situation, I thought “I can’t take any more,” even though it wasn’t my stress, it still felt like yet another bump in the road, and I got teary-eyed, and then I thought about how every person has their full plate.

Then I saw greyhound’s “When my wife calls me crying, stranded and needs my help, I’m going.” I thought about values, and my sweetie, and what is important, and I felt this emotional high in thinking about what greyhound said, and so…more crying.

I’m a hot mess today, all because I didn’t manage my time yesterday.

When the Dex wears off today, it is going to be bad. Peripheral movement hallucinations, auditory disturbance, flatline mind…I have to make sure I have left work before that happens.

I Will Survive,
Ian
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-03-18), Little Missy (05-03-18), Lunacie (05-03-18), midnightstar (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 12:02 PM

Thanked 29,902 Times in 13,806 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds horrible Ian. Hope you feel better soon.

I think I can relate to what you said about feeling you are cheating when dex helps with sleep deprivation. I feel that too.

Anyway, speedy recovery!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18), Little Missy (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 12:02 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,765 Times in 7,359 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Damn dude

I don't even know what to say...other than I absolutely believe you when you say

Quote:
I Will Survive,
Ian
Because you're one hell of a tough dude.

Also...right the heck on man. I have a lot of respect for you for actually making it to work on a hot mess of a day like today. A lot of people would've called in on a day like this. But not you.
Well done man.

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18), Fuzzy12 (05-03-18), Lunacie (05-03-18), midnightstar (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-18, 12:06 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Nursery called me to pickup fuzzling as they thought she's seriously ill. I left work early to pick her up and she really is in a lousy mood. She's sleeping now. I think she was just tired but I hope it's nothing more serious. I couldn't thoroughly check her over before she fell asleep.

I thought I'd use the time to prepare dinner so I made stuffed aubergine with the most disgusting peanut butter and coconut stuffing you can imagine. I had to scrape the stuffing out again as it was so vile and fill the aubergines with cheese instead. I'm also making quinoa that is well past it's sell by date so I hope it's ok.

I don't know how she'll sleep tonight after napping so late but I don't want to wake her.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18), Little Missy (05-03-18), Lunacie (05-03-18), midnightstar (05-03-18), peripatetic (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 12:41 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,452 Times in 13,261 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Reality check please someone, my brain's determined to make me believe Ebony's abusers know about Tigger and are going to come and hurt Tigger and that ferretface (ex) is paying them to find out my address so he can come and hurt me while Ebony's abusers destroy Tigger
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 01:34 PM

Thanked 25,728 Times in 12,006 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Nursery called me to pickup fuzzling as they thought she's seriously ill. I left work early to pick her up and she really is in a lousy mood. She's sleeping now. I think she was just tired but I hope it's nothing more serious. I couldn't thoroughly check her over before she fell asleep.

I thought I'd use the time to prepare dinner so I made stuffed aubergine with the most disgusting peanut butter and coconut stuffing you can imagine. I had to scrape the stuffing out again as it was so vile and fill the aubergines with cheese instead. I'm also making quinoa that is well past it's sell by date so I hope it's ok.

I don't know how she'll sleep tonight after napping so late but I don't want to wake her.
Hope being tired is all it is. My granddaughter missed most of the school week
last week with some kind of virus. No fever until about 5 days in, very tired
and sore muscles, especially in her shoulders and neck.

I forgot to say on your thread about cooking, in our area things like HelloFresh
dotcom, where they deliver the fresh fixings for you to put dinner together
very quickly. I thought maybe there was something like that in your area.

So much less stress. We've looked into them but we are such picky eaters that
we haven't found many we think we'd really enjoy.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-04-18)
Old 05-03-18, 01:36 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Reality check please someone, my brain's determined to make me believe Ebony's abusers know about Tigger and are going to come and hurt Tigger and that ferretface (ex) is paying them to find out my address so he can come and hurt me while Ebony's abusers destroy Tigger
I know your ex is a real scumbag but he hasn't actually done anything to hurt
you or Tigger so I think it's probably more trouble than he wants to go to.

And he surely has better things to spend his money on, right?

You and Tigger are safe as houses and have such a loving, playful relationship.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
midnightstar (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 03:06 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,452 Times in 13,261 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

And a neighbours vicious dog has got out and was running around outside my gate when I got back from driving lesson, gone now.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 03:21 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,861 Times in 7,154 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
No! Not a good idea to chase tornadoes at night! Not good!
You’re right, I wouldn’t want to chase one at night for sure. I would like to see one from a few miles away though, during the day. The power of Mother Nature is mesmerizing to me.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18), Little Missy (05-03-18), Lunacie (05-03-18), midnightstar (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-04-18)
Old 05-03-18, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
You’re right, I wouldn’t want to chase one at night for sure. I would like to see one from a few miles away though, during the day. The power of Mother Nature is mesmerizing to me.
You're certainly not in a good place for tornado chasing. The tornadoes in your
area are usually accompanied by hurricanes. Sorry 'bout that.

The air has a 'stormy' feel to it this afternoon, but forecast says nothing severe
until the storms get further east. Yeah, Kansas City again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-03-18), midnightstar (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-04-18)
Old 05-03-18, 05:30 PM

The news. The pain and suffering and terror that some people have to undergo. Even children. It's inconceivable.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-03-18), Little Missy (05-03-18), Lunacie (05-03-18), peripatetic (05-04-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 05:52 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,765 Times in 7,359 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww

(((((((Lil-Precious-Fuzzling)))))))

Quote:
I made stuffed aubergine with the most disgusting peanut butter and coconut stuffing you can imagine.
Well...I mean...DUH!
It's of my opinion that no matter what you try stuffing inside an eggplant...it's going to turn out disgusting!

(((Fuzzy)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 05-03-18, 05:57 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,861 Times in 7,154 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Hey Hound, just petty me, but I would still ask each of them what they told the meeting owner and if not, why. To any deserving ones, I would point out that I look forward to doing the same for them in the future. Anywhoo, glad the wifey's alternator fix is in the works. -LN
Thanks LN,
It was the owner of the company I work for that didn’t know. Our biggest supplier was holding a seminar for us on a new line of products along with dinner. I told some of the deserving ones today that the owner wasn’t too happy with them that he had to call me to find out where I was.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 05-03-18 at 07:25 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-18, 06:30 PM

******* on facebook, that's what's bothering me now.

Some woman this morning was so excited about the keto diet as a miracle
treatment for autism, promoting some Netflix documentary. I simply cautioned
about checking with a doctor first because there are some health conditions
that would be worsened by this diet, and because it can change the effect of
any meds you're taking. Got messaged and called "a nasty disturbed old woman."

I didn't report her to the group admins or to FB because there is a lot of good
information on that autism group and it's possible to learn a lot.

And then someone posted a comment on my daughter's thread about Fear The
Walking Dead, sounded like a jab at people who can't handle scary shows. I
replied that some of us like those shows and some of us like other things. Now
there are so many cable channels and Netflix that we don't all have to watch
the same 3 channels like when I was a kid.

So he thought I was taking a jab at him. It went back and forth for a
couple of posts and then he sent me shade for not sending him a message
instead of responding on the thread. Oh noes! I guess I broke some social rule
that no one ever told me exists.

I don't think I have ever sent someone a private message on FB unless they
are on my friend's list, or they left me a post asking me to contact them via
messenger.

There have been days I would have been crying over being misunderstood and
called horrible things, especially twice in the same day. But no! Not anymore.
I didn't do anything wrong in either setting.

Makes me wonder if Mercury has gone retrograde that communication is so
difficult and people are taking offense where none was meant.

Old 05-03-18, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
******* on facebook, that's what's bothering me now.

Some woman this morning was so excited about the keto diet as a miracle
treatment for autism, promoting some Netflix documentary. I simply cautioned
about checking with a doctor first because there are some health conditions
that would be worsened by this diet, and because it can change the effect of
any meds you're taking. Got messaged and called "a nasty disturbed old woman."

I didn't report her to the group admins or to FB because there is a lot of good
information on that autism group and it's possible to learn a lot.

And then someone posted a comment on my daughter's thread about Fear The
Walking Dead, sounded like a jab at people who can't handle scary shows. I
replied that some of us like those shows and some of us like other things. Now
there are so many cable channels and Netflix that we don't all have to watch
the same 3 channels like when I was a kid.

So he thought I was taking a jab at him. It went back and forth for a
couple of posts and then he sent me shade for not sending him a message
instead of responding on the thread. Oh noes! I guess I broke some social rule
that no one ever told me exists.

I don't think I have ever sent someone a private message on FB unless they
are on my friend's list, or they left me a post asking me to contact them via
messenger.

There have been days I would have been crying over being misunderstood and
called horrible things, especially twice in the same day. But no! Not anymore.
I didn't do anything wrong in either setting.

Makes me wonder if Mercury has gone retrograde that communication is so
difficult and people are taking offense where none was meant.
I'm frustrated and offended on your behalf. What's wrong with people. And what a disgusting comment to make. We don't always agree on everything but you are not only one of the least nasty people I know but in a those years I've known you now (evening just online) I have not seen shred of nastiness ever. You also come across as least disturbed and least disturbing.

Grrr.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-03-18), psychopathetic (05-03-18), stef (05-04-18)