ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-18, 08:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,985 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Rethinking the idea that we can leave my 16 year old ASD granddaughter home
alone.

The weather has been quiet in our area, wasn't expecting anything severe today.

I've been craving IHOP but Nove didn't want to go so we left her home while we
got some lovely breakfast for dinner.

But as we're driving home, chatting about stuff, radio turned low, suddenly we
hear "tornado warning" for the town just northeast of us, about 20 miles away.

And now there's a whole bunch of severe storms spreading east from that storm.
It looks like we're safe as they are all east of us and moving south east.

Nove's big sister was hyper alert when the weather looked iffy, but Nove doesn't
pay any attention to the weather.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
LyrinMeow (06-26-18)
Old 06-26-18, 08:38 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

I started talking to my son about being home alone when he was 12. Just to get him ready. He is also ASD. Unfortunately I grossly miscalculated my angle and he was certain if he was left alone someone would rob the house and set it on fire. He literally started crying when I started talking about "in case of fire do this". He's grown out of that now thankfully. I thought I was going to have to move into his dorm in college...
The Following User Says Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-26-18)
Old 06-26-18, 11:23 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,240 Times in 7,588 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
The Bank of Sarah is running low.
Sounds like the Bank of Sarah really needs to invest in getting themselves a manicure or a message or something! Something relaxing and TOTALLY self indulgent!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-27-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-18, 12:25 AM

Thanked 27,049 Times in 13,137 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Bank of Missy is depleted.
Bank of Stef is overdrawn.
( literally and figuratively, amazon, work, etc)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-27-18), Lunacie (06-27-18)
Old 06-27-18, 12:41 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Well shoot!

This mean it's not a good time to ask for a loan then Stef-Stefs?

/sad

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 06-27-18, 09:03 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that was an unexpectedly stormy night.
There were several rotating clouds, and quite a few funnels sighted.
But fortunately only a couple of tornadoes touched down.

Unfortunately one tornado hit a small town one county over that was heavily
damaged by another tornado just 3 years ago. 5 injured, no dead. Whew.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 06-28-18, 06:36 PM

Thanked 30,278 Times in 13,952 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

The cat in the hat. I've just started reading this book with fuzzling and she's crazy about it. I don't like it at all. I don't like it's rhyming pattern (I love texts that rhyme but not the way this one does) and I seriously, seriously dislike the cat. What an unpleasant character. I hate how he bullies the fish. I feel so bad when we get to the line where the cat says that he doesn't want to leave so he won't leave. It's creepy and disturbing. So I mostly leave out that line. Talking of creepy, those two things are creepy too. Thing one and thing two. They are sort of cute. They look like children but why are they kept in a box? Also, what's with the length? Maybe fuzzling is a bit too young for it but it's definitely way longer than my concentration span. I've never read the entire story I think because it's so long. I always skip bits in the middle though fuzzling wouldn't mind reading the whole damn thing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-28-18), Lunacie (06-28-18), psychopathetic (06-28-18), stef (06-29-18)
Old 06-28-18, 06:45 PM

lol...you think it's driving you nuts now?

Wait for another 3 years when you don't even need to read it anymore. Over the course of reading it thousands of times for Lil Itsy Bitsy Miss Thing that you've got it memorized.

Don't worry though! About 500 reads into the book...your brain will become so numb that you no longer will be able to over think it! lol

(((Fuzz)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-29-18), stef (06-29-18)
Old 06-29-18, 12:08 AM

Thanked 27,049 Times in 13,137 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

"one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish..." that was my son's favorite and i seriously became weary of those fish.
Fuzzy though, you are giving fuzzling a precious gift.
my mom reading to me every day, and bringing me to the library, led me to knowing how to read before first grade and i have loved and cherished books and literature my entire life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-29-18), Lunacie (06-29-18), psychopathetic (06-29-18)
Old 06-29-18, 03:34 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
lol...you think it's driving you nuts now?

Wait for another 3 years when you don't even need to read it anymore. Over the course of reading it thousands of times for Lil Itsy Bitsy Miss Thing that you've got it memorized.

Don't worry though! About 500 reads into the book...your brain will become so numb that you no longer will be able to over think it! lol

(((Fuzz)))
I do know the words to anlotnof her books now, which comes in super handy when I'm reading to her while changing her nappy or so..

Even fuZlingy knows the words to.some of her books now.

Last edited by Fuzzy12; 06-29-18 at 03:58 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-29-18), psychopathetic (06-29-18), stef (06-30-18)
Old 06-29-18, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
"one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish..." that was my son's favorite and i seriously became weary of those fish.
Fuzzy though, you are giving fuzzling a precious gift.
my mom reading to me every day, and bringing me to the library, led me to knowing how to read before first grade and i have loved and cherished books and literature my entire life.
Yes, of course. We've always read tons of books and she's absolutely crazy about them. It's helped with her language too I think. Her language skills are really phenomenal. She understands almost everything snd can already make three or four word sentences. In two languages. Ok mummy brag over

It's just this particular book that I dislike.

I read some reviews of it yesterday and came across one that likened passages from the text to something someone sexually abusing child might say. She makes some interesting points but the review has really helped me to figure out why the book makes me so uncomfortable. The consent to what's going on is missing from everyone but the cat. The cat does whatever he wants even though the kids are clearly not sure if they are comfortable with it and Hg e totally Overrides zhe wishes of the fish, punishes the fish even for speaking out. Anyway, I might shelve the book for a while till I can actually explain to her a bit better about consent. I don't know. Maybe I'm overreacting.

Last edited by Fuzzy12; 06-29-18 at 03:57 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (06-29-18), psychopathetic (06-29-18), stef (06-29-18)
Old 06-30-18, 06:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,408 Times in 15,013 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Not really bothering me now but my son went to Washington Wed-into-Thurs for a campaign for Congress he is interning with and was in Maryland not far from where that shooting was. Scared the Hell out of me until he checked in.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-30-18), Lunacie (06-30-18), midnightstar (06-30-18), stef (06-30-18)
Old 06-30-18, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Not really bothering me now but my son went to Washington Wed-into-Thurs for a campaign for Congress he is interning with and was in Maryland not far from where that shooting was. Scared the Hell out of me until he checked in.
Ugh, very scary. Glad to hear he is safe and sound.

When they were reporting the school shooting in Florida recently,
I only caught the last part of the breaking news, where they said
it was Douglas school.

My granddaughter attends high school in Douglass Kansas
so my heart was in my throat until I heard them say Florida.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-30-18), midnightstar (06-30-18), stef (06-30-18)
Old 06-30-18, 10:10 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,192 Times in 7,311 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our son and daughter-in-law live in Annapolis Md. It was scary! They checked in and are good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-30-18), Lunacie (06-30-18), midnightstar (06-30-18), stef (06-30-18)
Old 06-30-18, 11:12 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Being alone and wondering if I'll find someone, who's right for me.

~Paulo Coelho