ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-18, 11:45 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,240 Times in 7,588 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Oh jeeze...
I went to a lock down facility when I was in my early teens for 1 1/2 years. While there one of the staff members became like a father to me.
I kept in touch with him for a year or 2 after being released, but he got married and we drifted apart.

I've been searching for him for like 15 years now...and all the sudden I finally found a profile on facebook that matched him.
Sent him a message...and sure enough...it's him. He remembers me well.

But damn it...now I don't know what to even say!
I guess I'll start out by telling him he's my hero. True story! <3 lol...I love this man.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-01-18), midnightstar (07-01-18)
Old 07-02-18, 04:07 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,713 Times in 13,412 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I dreamed about my boy Dylan last night, in the dream I was where I used to live and had Tigger and like now, was looking into getting Tigger a friend and my boy Dylan turned up on the doorstep and idk if the dream meant he wanted to stop me taking on a friend for Tigger or whether he was showing approval for the cat I saw in the dream.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Old 07-02-18, 07:58 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all

Leave it to me to get sick the day before I start my new job in healthcare...
acdc01 (07-03-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-18, 05:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,408 Times in 15,013 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest, Ella is at her Grandma's for a few days and her cousins are visiting with family and we are going there for July 4th and bringing her home. She called and texted and feels like she isnt liked which I know isnt the case. Her perspective can be different because of her self esteem not because of how she is treated. They are supposed to go to Dorney Park today. She sent me this:

and I forwarded it to my MIL. My MIL texted that she was feeling better but I really feel for her.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-03-18), psychopathetic (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 06:10 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((Ella)))

I've had to ask my mom and my sister to help bail me out of social events and such over the years. My sister use to be pretty awesome with that kind of thing for me.

Do you think Ella's still going to go? Or is she going to stay behind?
And does she ever surprise herself? Like when she does go to things like amusement parks...is it always rough on her, or does she sometimes actually end up having a great time?

I hope that if she goes, it's super fun for her.
And if she doesn't go...I hope she (or anyone else!) doesn't beat herself up over it. At least she's calling out for help in a healthy way before it becomes a big issue. <3

You always come across as such a kick *** mom to me.

(((Sweets)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 07-03-18, 06:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL said she felt better whatever that means. She went to six flags with her friends a couple of times but doesnt like most rides except for like the swings and merry-go-round. We went on vacation to the shore two years ago and went to Ocean City NJ's boardwalk with the same Aunt and Cousins. The thing with them is they lived on Kwajalen (sp) atoll which is in a chain of islands past Hawaii half way to Australia. Its a US territory and they always said the would move back but one kids graduated from college, one is in college and the daughter is in HS. They have no cars and the whole island is like 5 miles long. Getting a delivery of Burger King once a year from the military is a big deal there. And they are odd. I call it Island time. Imagine what kind of people willingly move away from family on an island thats over 24 hours flight away from the US. They are wonderful but when they visit they jam everything they ever want to do in because they do not have it there. DR appts, dentist, parks, sunday they went to a broadway show. And thr Aunt is super sweet but drags people along with her and is always late and last minute. Her name is Jane and we call her Hurricane Jane.

SO..back to Ocean City.. we went to an amusement park there and it was lights, music, arcade games and rides. Ella has always been prone to overstimulation (we often wondered if Asbergers was a possibility when she was younger) and it causes her a great deal of anxiety and just overwhelmed. She also HATES water parks and this one is half water park/half amusement park. Its going to be 100 degrees today so she will be stuck at the water park. I havent heard from her yet but my MIL has chilled out over years especially with the mental health issues that both my girls have. So I really hope she heard Ella and made her really feel better. I refuse to go to almost all amusement parks for similar reasons and because I get motion sickness.

In other news..husbands truck needs a steering Knuckle ( yes its really called that which is 350$. I need a new muffler, Jake's car has the engine light on and the spare piece of crap my husband is driving has suspension issues..AND we leave for camping on the 18th. When it rains...its a f**king monsoon.

I carried a watermelon?
midnightstar (07-03-18), psychopathetic (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 11:22 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,258 Times in 5,369 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Everything.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-03-18), midnightstar (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 11:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
Everything.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (07-03-18), TygerSan (07-03-18), willow129 (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 11:34 AM
Mod-A-holic

AHHHHH wrong one Tyger! I meant this:

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (07-03-18), midnightstar (07-03-18), psychopathetic (07-03-18), TygerSan (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 11:47 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,258 Times in 5,369 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I like the first one too. Thanks.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-03-18), midnightstar (07-03-18), psychopathetic (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 12:47 PM

I'm watching a game show (price is right) and one of the prizes was a trip...but instead of staying in a hotel room...you got to stay in an entire apartment!
I thought this was really neat, so I was going to call my mom later to tell her about it along with a bunch of other random little things.

And then it's like...
oh yeah
:*(

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 12:50 PM

And also...

(((((((Tyg-Tygs)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 07-04-18, 06:30 AM
Mod-A-holic

Psycho- Ella was let off the hook for the amusement park. I forwarded a screen shot of the thing she sent me to MIL and unlike years ago she was extremely understanding. Ella spent the day helping her grandma shop for the picnic and had a break from the chaos. I am so glad I contacted her.

I carried a watermelon?
Lunacie (07-04-18), psychopathetic (07-04-18)
Old 07-04-18, 10:15 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,713 Times in 13,412 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

I know how annoying everyone is finding me going on about her all the time, did i do enough to save Ebony? Could i have done more?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-04-18)
Old 07-04-18, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Psycho- Ella was let off the hook for the amusement park. I forwarded a screen shot of the thing she sent me to MIL and unlike years ago she was extremely understanding. Ella spent the day helping her grandma shop for the picnic and had a break from the chaos. I am so glad I contacted her.
Awww, thanks for the update!
That was really cool of you to help The Ell-Ells () out.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.