ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-16, 11:12 PM

Jon Snow is on a distinguished road
Recently diagnosed with primarily inattentive ADD as an adult

24 Year Old Male.

I knew that there was something different about me since I was a child.

I underperformed in school all of my life until I got to college and started experimenting with adderall.

I abused it but ended up doing well in school for the first time in my life.

After I graduated I lost access to it and struggled in the professional world.

I made monumental mistakes in every job that I had and was fired from my last job.

With no healthcare I found a free clinical trial psychiatry clinic experimenting with a new drug and I had a 4 hour with a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with ADD primarily inattentive.

I chose to decline from the clinical trial drug (like a scumbag) and opted for a natural approach to combatting ADD.

I'm getting crushed with student loan debt now so I can't afford to have even more trouble after I get my next job.

Well hello all.
Old 08-03-16, 08:58 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,808 Times in 13,545 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recently diagnosed with primarily inattentive ADD as an adult

Welcome. There isnt a whole lot of evidence to support natural ways of treating adhd.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Hermus (08-13-16)
Old 08-03-16, 03:06 PM

Jon Snow is on a distinguished road

I live in NYC.

How much would another psychiatrist visit and prescription bottle cost?

Should I approach the same psychiatrist that diagnosed me again?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-16, 12:16 AM

InattentiveBand is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty new to the whole scene of ADHD, but from my experience I'd suggest trying to get a hold of the same Psychiatrist that had first diagnosed you. This would probably just be easier for the both of you, as he already knows your unique scenario. Not to mention that he probably already has some records of you, along with information about your diagnosis/symptoms. Doctors do also tend to be slightly suspicous of people going in complaining of ADHD symptoms just because of the improper use and distribution of stimulant medications. In the end, it's up to you. If you liked the Psychiatrist that had diagnosed you initially, go back to him! If he seemed rude or just not the type of person you'd like to share your mental health experiences with, find a new Psychiatrist! I wish you the best and I hope you are succesful in your ADHD experience! Go with what feels natural to you and be sure to go into things with an open mind! I hope I helped a bit with your situation!
Old 08-13-16, 05:02 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,638 Times in 2,418 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to ADD Forums. Good you found this place for you to discuss issues related to ADD.
Old 08-13-16, 06:47 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

If you have insurance, and can revisit the same guy or get a referral to him from your gp, it shouldn't be too bad but only your insurance company knows for sure.. Call them.

If you have no insurance and your income is below 15K (Gross, not net) you can sign up for free Medicaid pretty easily in NY. That's what I did two years ago, but now I am above the minimum due to the changes that the treatment and meds in my life. I thinbk that's a good thing, eh?