ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 07-01-10, 05:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

Bikie will become famous soon enough
Test 102. 70 & up is adult ADD

The Following User Says Thank You to Bikie For This Useful Post:
Abi (07-01-10)
Old 07-01-10, 05:52 PM
Registered

Thanked 17,744 Times in 8,895 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Test 102. 70 & up is adult ADD

Results of your
Attention Deficit Disorder Quiz

You scored a total of 73

It is highly likely that you are presently suffering from adult attention deficit disorder, according to your responses on this self-report questionnaire. You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
Bikie (07-01-10)
Old 07-01-10, 06:09 PM
Registered

Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

From the same website....

Results of your
Bipolar Quiz

You scored a total of 32

Based upon your responses to this bipolar disorder quiz, you appear to be suffering from a bipolar disorder. It may be a Bipolar I or Bipolar II type disorder, but it's difficult to say given your responses.

You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, you may want to look into seeking further consultation with a trained mental health professional if you are experiencing any difficulties in daily functioning or if you'd like a more in-depth answer.

S C O R E S
If you scored...

You may have...
51 & up

Bipolar disorder
- Serious symptoms
36 - 50

Bipolar disorder
- Moderate to severe symptoms
25 - 35

Bipolar disorder likely
16 - 24

Either a mild bipolar disorder (II) or depressive disorder
10 - 15

Possible depressive disorder
0 - 9

No disorder likely

This is not meant as a diagnosis tool.

Last edited by Abi; 07-01-10 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Clean Up
Bikie (07-01-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-10, 06:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,891 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

79 on the ADHD quiz and that's with all these meds!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meridian For This Useful Post:
Abi (07-02-10), Bikie (07-01-10)
Old 07-01-10, 08:41 PM

Thanked 25,457 Times in 11,839 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

That test confirms my diagnosis of ADHD, most tests do.

In the test for Asperger's & Autism I scored a 34, which indicates that Autism is likely. I've suspected that for a few years now.

My score on the Bipolar test says that is also likely.

I know I've been experiencing Depression for a couple of months now - more than the usual blues I nearly always have, and the test for Depression confirms it: moderate depression. I've been thinking of posting a thread asking if there is a generic (cheap) med for depression? (I don't have health insurance and work only 5 hours a week.)

I have PSTD (several events in childhood and several more as an adult).

But, at least, I don't have Schitzophrenia.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Abi (07-02-10)
Old 07-01-10, 09:52 PM

Thanked 2,096 Times in 1,196 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
The Following User Says Thank You to StoicNate For This Useful Post:
Abi (07-02-10)
Old 07-02-10, 04:03 AM
Jr Member

LeeH is on a distinguished road

Results of your
You scored a total of 106

It is highly likely that you are presently suffering from adult attention deficit disorder, according to your responses on this self-report questionnaire. You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately.
---------------------------------------------

Results of your
Bipolar Quiz
You scored a total of 52

Based upon your responses to this bipolar disorder quiz, you appear to be suffering from moderate to severe symptoms associated with a bipolar disorder. People who have answered similarly to you typically qualify for a diagnosis of Bipolar I Disorder and have sought professional treatment for this disorder. (You may, however, still fit into the less serious diagnosis of Bipolar II Disorder.)

You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional soon to rule out a possible depressive disorder.

S C O R E S
If you scored...
You may have...
51 & up
Bipolar disorder
- Serious symptoms
36 - 50
Bipolar disorder
- Moderate to severe symptoms
25 - 35
Bipolar disorder likely
16 - 24
Either a mild bipolar disorder (II) or depressive disorder
10 - 15
Possible depressive disorder
0 - 9
No disorder likely
--------------------------------------

Results of your
Autism / Asperger's Screening Quiz
You scored a total of 31

Based upon your responses to this autism screening measure, it appears that you may be suffering from an autism spectrum disorder, or Asperger's disorder. People who score similarly often qualify for a diagnosis of autism or Asperger's.

People with an autism spectrum disorder often suffer from severe and sustained impairment in social interaction and the development of restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, and activities. The disturbance must cause clinically significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional soon to rule out a possible anxiety disorder.

S C O R E S
If you scored...
Then...
34 & up Autism likely
30 - 33 Possible autism
0 - 29 No autism

Last edited by LeeH; 07-02-10 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: added more test results
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeH For This Useful Post:
Abi (07-02-10)
Old 07-02-10, 04:14 AM
Registered

Hi Lunacie,

Im not from the US, so I dont know exactly how much medications cost there, but....

I would recommend Prozac generic as it is a relatively old (but efficacious) antidepressant of the SSRI class.

Tricyclics like Imipramine are cheap, but I believe they have a greater likelihood of side-effects.

Avoid Monoamine-Oxidase Inhibitors because they have all kind of dangerous interactions with other prescription meds, OTC meds, cheeses, red wine, organ meats and loads of other things.
Old 07-02-10, 04:29 AM
ADDvanced Member

Sirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to all

Results of your
You scored a total of 96

I was actually being very stringent with my answering. Expected to score lower!

Results of your
Bipolar Quiz

You scored a total of 20

Some consolation!

Results of your
Anxiety Screening Quiz
You scored a total of

Results of your
Anxiety Screening Quiz

You scored a total of 32

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrah For This Useful Post:
Abi (07-02-10)
Old 07-02-10, 06:41 AM

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,075 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

110 and that's with being medicated for 10 years. Interesting how one can be very high functioning yet have such a bad case of ADHD.

Even on the kids scale I score right off the charts too. I still get in trouble at work for climbing on my desk. I'm 35.
Bikie (07-02-10)
Old 07-02-10, 10:08 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi2010 View Post
Hi Lunacie,

Im not from the US, so I dont know exactly how much medications cost there, but....

I would recommend Prozac generic as it is a relatively old (but efficacious) antidepressant of the SSRI class.

Tricyclics like Imipramine are cheap, but I believe they have a greater likelihood of side-effects.

Avoid Monoamine-Oxidase Inhibitors because they have all kind of dangerous interactions with other prescription meds, OTC meds, cheeses, red wine, organ meats and loads of other things.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and info. I found an online list of discount meds at the pharmacy where I get my blood pressure med and can compare your notes to that list. I may still post a thread asking for a variety of experiences and reactions to meds for depression. Was wondering if there might be one med that is good at treating both Depression and Anxiety? Although the only anti-anxiety med on my list is Buspirone. There are only 7 meds on the discount list for Depression, but Prozac is one of them. I doubt if the doctor will prescribe it without talking to me in the office first - and spending $60 on the office visit is going to break the bank. Yes, money concerns are part of what triggered the depression.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 07-02-10, 10:43 AM

Quick edit: I just did some reading on Prozac to see when it's contra-indicated and Bipolar is one reason. Not only did I show a strong possibility of Bipolar in the test linked to this page, but the family therapist mentioned it as a possibility. Guess Prozac isn't a good option for me.

Old 07-02-10, 11:05 AM
Registered

Lunacie,

Most SSRI anti-depressants (and their relatives) are in fact used to treat bipolar (the depressive aspect) & combined with a mood stabilizer and/or benzodiazepine to combat the mania.

Thats the essence of Bipolar really, two extreme opposites counterposed against one another.

Anti-depressants that help with anxiety:

I know that Cipramil (Citalopram) & Lexapro (Escitalopram) are indicated for anxiety as well as depression. But it my case they didnt work for the anxiety, and in any case, if you are bipolar, you WILL need a "downer" in order to offset possible manic side effects of the antidepressants.

Also Lexapro (which I take) is a relatively new medication and a bit on the expensive side.

The best option for you would be Prozac + Ativan (Lorezapam). (a slow acting benzodiazepine anxiolytic).

You'll need your doctor to confirm your bipolar diagnosis, in which case he will also prescribe a mood stabiliser like Depakote (Valproate), Tegretol (Carbemezapine) or Eskalith (Lithium).

NB. While Lithium is cheaper than the other two, there have been cases of it being toxic to some individuals. (Others have taken it for many years with no problems.)

One other thing.. avoid Monamine Oxidase Inhibitor anti-depressants. They have too many potentially fatal interactions with too many other things. One day you'll forget and eat something on the banned list and die
Lunacie (07-02-10)
Old 07-02-10, 01:23 PM

Thanked 21,931 Times in 7,991 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

How much is starting the test... finding it hours later then going .. nah.. I'll finish it later.. and then finding this post a couple of days later? (and still not bothering to finish the test) haah
Old 07-02-10, 01:42 PM
Registered

~