ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Misc Treatments and Approaches
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-18, 09:24 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold
Weighted blankets

I did find some super old posts about this but there weren't very helpful.

About 4 months ago I got a 20 lb weighted blanket. It pretty much just fits around me. And it. is. amazing. I went from my Fitbit telling me i spent around 2+ hours restless/awake to like 15 minutes. Fitbits aren't super accurate but I feel more rested when I use it.

I love the feeling of the weight. It's less of a cocoon and more like the weight of a cat laying on you. Or like a massage with light pressure down. It's hard to explain. Kindof like someone laying against your back sort of pressure.

Whatever the cause I do have a sensory disorder so I don't know if this is more an ADHD thing or an ASD/SPD thing. But omg it was entirely worth the money. Mine was around $230.

I then got a 12 lb lap blanket that I use at work. Again it has a calming affect.

I don't know what it is about the weight but it's so relaxing to me. I got them both off of Amazon and my blanket had a 30 day return policy. I highly recommend giving one a try with a return option.

Mine is a pain in the a** because it has a removable cover. It attaches to the corners via cord but I'm afraid to do them too tight and get them stuck so every few nights I have to shimmy it around a bit. But still totally worth it.