ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-02-18, 11:18 PM

TickleMyPickle is on a distinguished road
Sandoz adderall IR no longer available, what is the next best generic?

Sandoz adderall IR no longer available, what is the next best generic?
Old 05-03-18, 12:07 PM

MyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sandoz adderall IR no longer available, what is the next best generic?

Sandoz Adderall IR tablets are available, but can be difficult to locate.

COSTCO had 20mg tablets in stock last month. They usually carry Mallickrodt in 30mg tablets but the 20mg tablets will vary based on what their supplier has available...

You can call to see if it is still in stock as they usually clarify what they have over the phone.

That said, some people have mentioned Sun Pharma and Mylan were good alternatives, but everyone varies in how they respond to the different generics currently available.

As you know the current IR tablets available if you can find them are:

Teva

Mallinckrodt

Aurobindo/Aurolife

Sandoz

Sun Pharma

Mylan

good luck

Last edited by Greyhound1; 05-07-18 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: ID issue
Old 05-03-18, 11:43 PM

TickleMyPickle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAchillesheel View Post
Sandoz Adderall IR tablets are available, but can be difficult to locate.

COSTCO had 20mg tablets in stock last month. They usually carry Mallickrodt in 30mg tablets but the 20mg tablets will vary based on what their supplier has available...

You can call to see if it is still in stock as they usually clarify what they have over the phone.

That said, some people have mentioned Sun Pharma and Mylan were good alternatives, but everyone varies in how they respond to the different generics currently available.

As you know the current IR tablets available if you can find them are:

Teva

Mallinckrodt

Aurobindo/Aurolife

Sandoz

Sun Pharma

Mylan

good luck
I work at a pharmacy with three large suppliers to order from and all three are out of sandoz. Should I try mylan or sun do you think?

Last edited by Greyhound1; 05-07-18 at 11:09 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-18, 12:36 PM

XxBmwM is on a distinguished road

I received Sandoz from Costco last month (you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy). I would try Sun; Mylan didn't work too well for me.
Old 05-07-18, 03:24 PM

MyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of lightMyAchillesheel is a glorious beacon of light

TicklemyPickle,

"I work at a pharmacy with three large suppliers to order from and all three are out of sandoz. Should I try mylan or sun do you think?"

I can't offer an opinion on either because I have had zero luck locating a Pharmacy in The Phoenix Metro area who carries or can get it. Therefore I have been unable to try it or know anyone else who personally has...

There is a Costco located out in Mesa off the 202 that carries some Corepharma 30 mg tablets leftover from last year... Apparently they are available upon request, otherwise they dispense mallinckrodt. (if that generic works for you)

In the event you can locate a pharmacy who can get either Mylan or Sun Pharma please let me know.

I hope you find something that works well for you.

-M
Old 05-17-18, 12:35 PM

RobynHood is on a distinguished road

Why are they out of Sandoz? Does anyone know why there is delayed production?
Old 05-17-18, 01:38 PM

MauMaMa is on a distinguished road

RE:
RobynHood
Why are they out of Sandoz? Does anyone know why there is delayed production?

I spoke to Sandoz's corporate office, as well as their manufacturing plant/lab, yesterday and although they are currently on back-order for ADDERALL XR 30mg (not sure about the other strengths, as I only inquired about this one), they do NOT currently have any plans to discontinue or reformulate this product. They are not giving a reason for the back-order, nor have they released a date for when it should be back in-stock, but your HCP or Pharmacist can call them periodically to check on the status. I know it's kind of crazy (because we, the customers, are the ones who are actually being loyal to them...) but they will not deal with, or give any info. on the status, to private consumers.
Old 05-17-18, 02:16 PM

I can confirm that Sandoz is back ordered. As of now, there is no time frame for when production will start back up again.
Old 05-17-18, 02:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,411 Times in 11,482 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBmwM View Post
I can confirm that Sandoz is back ordered. As of now, there is no time frame for when production will start back up again.
And oddly, I have been getting it regularly for the last 3 months again.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 05-17-18, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
And oddly, I have been getting it regularly for the last 3 months again.
Itís just the remaining inventory that your pharmacy has. Iím quite jealous.
Old 05-17-18, 08:41 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Itís just the remaining inventory that your pharmacy has. Iím quite jealous.
I'm not certain. My pharm was without it about 5 months and I had so many different kinds it was a weird whirlwind.

Then they began production again at Sandoz and that is why I have it. My pharm only has what is needed and keeps none as remains inventory-wise.

Anyhoo, it has been a sweet relief of certainty to have it again.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-17-18)
Old 05-18-18, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I'm not certain. My pharm was without it about 5 months and I had so many different kinds it was a weird whirlwind.

Then they began production again at Sandoz and that is why I have it. My pharm only has what is needed and keeps none as remains inventory-wise.

Anyhoo, it has been a sweet relief of certainty to have it again.
When I called Sandoz a couple days ago, the representative told me that production has halted. She could’ve been misinformed though.
Old 05-18-18, 09:40 AM

Quote:
When I called Sandoz a couple days ago, the representative told me that production has halted. She couldíve been misinformed though.
Could be, I'm just not aware of it. Yet.