ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 06-11-13, 03:10 PM

lexicon1641 is on a distinguished road
Ways to tell if your vyvanse dosage is too low

I was in high school when i first started to self medicate with vyvanse. At the time i was taking 70mg but it was only once in awhile. After high school i really did not use the drug until two summers after. I started taking 70s again and got to a point where i took one everyday. I did notice some side effects but they were mainly on a day i did not take one. I would be very irritable and get angry for one reason. I decided to go to a dr. to get a prescription for it because it really does work for me. I was honest with her that i was self medicating i think because of this she wouldnt put me on it right away. She started me with wellbrutin and i hated it although it got me up in the morning it made me depressed. I then went from ritalin to concerta to adderall but no of them worked the same the vyvanse did. My Dr. finally placed me on vyvanse and for the past two months i have been on 40mg i do feel the effects but when i take them i have a lot of anxiety and don't really like talking to people. My focus is okay but i cant seem to see things that are right in front of me! The other day i decided to take one of my friends 70s and i loved it all my anxiety was gone and i didnt have any trouble sleeping and it even helped me get up in the morning! (unlike the 40s even if i take one i can sleep all day) im considering asking my doctor to raise my dosage.
Does this mean that the 40s are too low? What are the signs to be able to tell?
Old 06-12-13, 03:10 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,965 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ways to tell if your vyvanse dosage is too low

Taking your friend's Vyvanse is a crime.

Talk to your doctor if there's a problem.

Simple. That's all you need and all you want.