ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-18, 02:32 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,617 Times in 7,035 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
They checking on some new meds?
Just checking for causes of fatigue, muscle soreness, inflammation and the regular blood work. Trying to figure out why I so often feel run down, sore and my body feels inflamed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18), stef (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 03:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,694 Times in 13,703 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

My uncle is dying. I really want to go to India to see him. No one knows how long he has left. Maybe a few days or maybe a few months. He's got dementia and probably won't even recognize me but I want to see him. He's done a lot for me, for my family. Both he and my aunt have.

The problem is how can I leave fuzzling? Hubby spends a lot of time with her so she's thankfully very attached to him too but She is going through another bad bout of separation anxiety again. If it's just a matter of crying and her being a bit upset it's ok but what if she gets too stressed? I don't want to traumatise her.

I really want to see my uncle. I haven't been back in 4 years. I need to see my uncle before he dies.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-11-18), Greyhound1 (05-11-18), midnightstar (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18), stef (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 03:54 PM

Thanked 25,564 Times in 11,908 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
My uncle is dying. I really want to go to India to see him. No one knows how long he has left. Maybe a few days or maybe a few months. He's got dementia and probably won't even recognize me but I want to see him. He's done a lot for me, for my family. Both he and my aunt have.

The problem is how can I leave fuzzling? Hubby spends a lot of time with her so she's thankfully very attached to him too but She is going through another bad bout of separation anxiety again. If it's just a matter of crying and her being a bit upset it's ok but what if she gets too stressed? I don't want to traumatise her.

I really want to see my uncle. I haven't been back in 4 years. I need to see my uncle before he dies.
Could Fuzzling go with you? Will you be close enough to your parents for them
to spend some time with her while you say goodbye to your uncle?

My last uncle died last week and even though it's only a 3 hour drive I couldn't
go because of these fricking migraines.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-18, 04:13 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,150 Times in 13,090 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

s Fuzzy
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 04:16 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,432 Times in 7,187 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Fuzzy)))))))

I think you should go if you can.
I think it'll not only be good for you, but for him and your family as well.

Sorry to hear about your uncle too Luns

((((((((((((((Gramma Luns))))))))))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-11-18), Lunacie (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 04:49 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Just checking for causes of fatigue, muscle soreness, inflammation and the regular blood work. Trying to figure out why I so often feel run down, sore and my body feels inflamed.
Sounds like a high level of cytokines.

I’m sure your doctor will check that out.

If and when you can, please do give us a report of what is going on.

Best Wishes,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 05:43 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,617 Times in 7,035 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Sounds like a high level of cytokines.

I’m sure your doctor will check that out.

If and when you can, please do give us a report of what is going on.

Best Wishes,
Ian
Thanks, I’ll keep you posted. I feel it’s related to an autoimmune disease, just not sure which one. I’ve been down this road before to no avail.

I tested ANA positive several years ago which usually indicates autoimmune disease. Just read today that Raynaud’s syndrome can sometimes cause ANA positive results, which I have for sure. Problem is there is much more going on than just Raynaud’s symptoms.

Feels more like we’re searching for an elusive unicorn than a diagnosis. Doubtful much will come from the tests. The tests I really need are super expensive and not covered by insurance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-11-18), Little Missy (05-12-18), Lunacie (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 05:51 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

The fact that I need to get some work done and I'm screwing around on here and IRC instead atm.
The Following User Says Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 06:35 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
The fact that I need to get some work done and I'm screwing around on here and IRC instead atm.
Meh. Why work now, when you can work instead...later?
Like tomorrow.
Or the day after.
Or you know...you'll get to it eventually.
I should go check to see if there's any new posts!!

(((((((MOM)))))))

Old 05-11-18, 06:48 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Could Fuzzling go with you? Will you be close enough to your parents for them
to spend some time with her while you say goodbye to your uncle?

My last uncle died last week and even though it's only a 3 hour drive I couldn't
go because of these fricking migraines.
I've considered that but I really don't want to take her. First of all she doesn't have a visa but more importantly she'd need see vaccinations. Also, she normally sleeps in her cot and where would I.fetba car seat from and I really doubt she'd enjoy an 8h flight.

Id be staying with my parents who ironically really don't want me to come (mainly because they don't think i should take the trouble or leave my daughter).

I'm really sorry about your uncle..and your migraines!!! A3h drive isn't that trivial and with a migraine I don't think it's. Possible at all.

Lots of.my uncles have died but the only ones I was close to died when I was still like being there. I can barely keep track of who is still alive and who.isnt among my uncles and aunts. This includes is different though. He's always been so kind and good to me.to all of us. He and his wife (my mom's sister). I want to see my aunt too. And I think partly I think.i want to show my aunt how much I appreciate them and care for them. I'm not sure they. I rarely contact them.

The more I think about it the more do I feel I just need to go. But what about fuzzling? I guess I'm going to take solomg to make a decision that he'll die well before that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-11-18), psychopathetic (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 07:03 PM

((((((((((((((Fuzzy))))))))))))))

Just cause I like hugging Fuzzys.

(((((((Fuzz-Fuzz)))))))

OH PRETTY! LOOK OUT THE WINDOW! IT'S A SQUIRREL!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((FUZZ-BUZZ)))))))))))))))))))))

Ha! I distracted you so I could get in another e-(((hug)))!!!

Oh no...now I feel bad for tricking you...here, I better give you a e-(((hug))) to show how sorry I am!

(((((((Fuzzy-Wuzzy)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-11-18), Lunacie (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 07:03 PM

Oh, and...

P.S.

((((((((((((((FUZZY))))))))))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 07:06 PM

Also, is it wrong of me that a big part of the reason I want you to go see your uncle and family...is because I want you to take a break from your job?
I REALLY think you need it.

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-11-18)
Old 05-11-18, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Also, is it wrong of me that a big part of the reason I want you to go see your uncle and family...is because I want you to take a break from your job?
I REALLY think you need it.
Just wrote a long rant aboutvwork and meds in reply to your post and then lost it. Oh well...

Anyway I had a better day at work today. Finally managed to connect to the WiFi which has been driving me absolutely crazy.

How are the meds treating you?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-11-18, 11:50 PM

Thanked 25,564 Times in 11,908 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've considered that but I really don't want to take her. First of all she doesn't have a visa but more importantly she'd need see vaccinations. Also, she normally sleeps in her cot and where would I.fetba car seat from and I really doubt she'd enjoy an 8h flight.

Id be staying with my parents who ironically really don't want me to come (mainly because they don't think i should take the trouble or leave my daughter).

I'm really sorry about your uncle..and your migraines!!! A3h drive isn't that trivial and with a migraine I don't think it's. Possible at all.

Lots of.my uncles have died but the only ones I was close to died when I was still like being there. I can barely keep track of who is still alive and who.isnt among my uncles and aunts. This includes is different though. He's always been so kind and good to me.to all of us. He and his wife (my mom's sister). I want to see my aunt too. And I think partly I think.i want to show my aunt how much I appreciate them and care for them. I'm not sure they. I rarely contact them.

The more I think about it the more do I feel I just need to go. But what about fuzzling? I guess I'm going to take solomg to make a decision that he'll die well before that.
You should go. Now would be good. Later would be okay, for the funeral, to hug
your aunt and tell her how much they both mean to you. Either way, it's good.

I haven't been close to any of my extended family, but oddly enough, I can
remember them all.

My dad had 4 sisters and 1 brother (also a couple of older step-siblings).
My dad died 10 years ago and there is only one sister left.

My mom had 4 sisters and 3 brothers, one died as a child.
Mom died 19 years ago from cancer, she was only 70. I'm 67 already. Wow.
My mom was the 2nd child, one older brother. There is only one sister left.
One sister died of Lupus, one died in a house fire. The others lived to be at
least 80, which gives me hope that I've still got a decade or so.

Just looking at what I wrote. Why does 70 seem so much older than 67?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-12-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)