ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 08-13-19, 03:22 PM

mets91428 is on a distinguished road
Frustrated.

So after being taken off Adderall for some months now, waiting to be medically cleared in order to take stimulants again, my NP offered Strattera. I went from 40mg to my current dose of 80mg. At 40 and 60, I felt somewhat better focused but that effect quickly went away. For the last 5 days, I've been on 80mg. Day one and two, again with the periods of focus that quickly diminished. Something worse happened though-- my sex drive is completely gone. I tried using Sildenafil, not even 100mg works for me. I can't stay erect, along with the problem of delayed ejaculation and/or anorgasmia. I was always able to maintain a state of arousal with the Adderall, and Strattera at lower doses, but now, forget about it.

I also started Zoloft 50mg, (for OCD) about two weeks ago. I know antidepressants can cause these problems too. My question is this, which I know has probably been answered before: Do the sexual side effects become less pronounced? If I decide to stay on Strattera, there's no doubt I'll need an increase to 100mg, but I'd like to know if there's any chance the sexual side effects of the drug will lessen, enough so that ED meds would work as intended.

For whatever reason, the girl I'm interested in has been very patient with me, willing to wait things out. Lol, in all seriousness here: Is there any chance I'll have my **** back?

Thank You for reading,

--A concerned ADD'er.
Old 08-14-19, 05:11 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,210 Times in 2,580 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frustrated.

I had a friend with this issue. Drive was gone; erections, if obtained, were fleeting and also not as strong as before..blood flow just wasn't there. ED options were tried but to no avail. The problem didn't go away until he changed meds. Sorry.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-14-19), mets91428 (08-14-19)
Old 08-14-19, 09:22 PM

mets91428 is on a distinguished road
Re: Frustrated.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a fear the same would happen with me. Since I can't take stimulants just yet, which causes ED for me anyway but doesn't interfere with my sex drive, I'll ask my doctor about guanfacine or clonidine.
Sponsored Links