ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sensory
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-18, 11:47 AM

soulsearcher is on a distinguished road
Music Looping

Hello Everyone I am 40 year old male I am currently have a ADHD Diagnosis Pending Wich i scored very high for.

My question is how many of you have constant music looping in your head ever since i can remember.

I just thought this was normal its just like having my own jukebox not sure if my brain does it for some sort of stimulation.

I do like club music and techno types but its all music even when i hear music in shops the songs can play for days.

I have found a way to sort of stop it and its Binaural Beats Focus Music as my brain can't remember it

Anyone else get this I am interested to know

Thanks for Reading
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soulsearcher For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-22-18), namazu (10-22-18), psychopathetic (10-22-18)
Old 10-22-18, 12:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Music Looping

my brother gets that. last time he told me about it, he was hearing big band music. pretty strange phenomena. I will have to ask him if he still gets it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-22-18), soulsearcher (10-22-18)
Old 10-22-18, 03:01 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Do you take meds...and do they get rid of this?

I get this...but it's not constant. Maybe it's not the same thing. It's something that comes and goes though and I've been doing it a lot the last couple of weeks.

Where I have a song stuck in my head...or just a very short clip of the song. And it plays over and over, and I can't get enough of it.
Then if I'm sitting or laying around not really doing anything...I feel like I HAVE to hum it. And it's like there's this ball of energy and anxiety in my chest...it's uncomfortable and sometimes hurts...but the humming vibrates the ball and for some reason makes it feel a little bit better.
So then I'll start humming really loudly and with a lot of force.
And I can do this for hours. I've been doing this since I was at least a teen (I don't remember if I did this or not as a kid).

Does this sound completely different to you? Or do you relate with this?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-18, 03:46 AM
Jr Member

Messamphetamine is on a distinguished road

Many people experience some version of getting a peice of a song stuck in their head, it's called an "earworm," and can be very annoying. Oliver Sacks wrote about it in his book, Musicophilia.

It seems like a lot of musical people hear music in their head most of the time. I do, but it's not distracting and doesn't bother me. Are you interested in music?
The Following User Says Thank You to Messamphetamine For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-23-18)
Old 10-23-18, 07:40 AM

soulsearcher is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your replies people I don't read or play music but i, do like all music.

I get music playing nealy 247 nothing new for me been there all my life but I have noticed that when i listen to music

I normally get hyper so i have been trying not to listen to it lately
Binaural Beats Focus Music works well to for me as the brain cant really remember it I found someone that has ADHD and they had the same and they said it stopped with medication so not sure
Old 10-23-18, 08:05 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

my brother said his mostly went away with less stress and modifying his meds. His was like a radio was playing, minus the dj and the whole song. It made me think of Seinfeld episode where Frank Costanza keeps yelling about hearing a radio that no one else hears. I tried to find the clip but couldn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-23-18)