ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 08-10-18, 10:51 PM

Thanked 10,187 Times in 3,203 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation
Re: The cool crowd

Be yourself and be true to who you really are

That's what I call "authentic." Nothing's "cooler" than that

U R Welcome
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-10-18), Rebelyell (10-02-18), stef (08-11-18), tudorose (08-11-18)
Old 09-09-18, 04:22 AM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post

It's like being in bloody high school again. I thought this sort of nonsense was supposed to end when we left.

Not really sure what to make of it. I'm open to interpretations please.

It seems to get worse as people get older, their fellowship is all a facade, although I'm not apart of the in crowd but its funny how the cool kids will always tell me on an individual basis how much they can't stand 'x' person or 'y' person, very two faced and shallow people, makes me kinda glad I've always been on the outside.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd_ For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-10-18), Rebelyell (10-02-18), tudorose (09-09-18)
Old 09-09-18, 06:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,157 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_ View Post
It seems to get worse as people get older, their fellowship is all a facade, although I'm not apart of the in crowd but its funny how the cool kids will always tell me on an individual basis how much they can't stand 'x' person or 'y' person, very two faced and shallow people, makes me kinda glad I've always been on the outside.
I've been keeping myself on the outside on purpose. I've just run a major project and the ringleader was crazymaking the whole time. I was onto her though so she didn't get her way but I knew she was ******** about me the whole time. She even tried to go to my manager to make me change my plans to suit her. The next big project is going to be run by one of her enablers. So glad I don't have to be a part of that!!

And you're right it doesn't end at high school it just gets worse!!
Little Missy (09-10-18), Rebelyell (10-02-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-18, 08:24 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,050 Times in 7,238 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tudor,
It sounds like you’re the cool one. That’s probably why you got the promotion and the “cool ones” didn’t.

Does the boss recognize there is a click in the office that acts like they are in jr. high school? Can you ask to be moved to another area of the office away from them. I would mention that between the sorority sisters and their electronic giggles you need away from them to perform your job more effectively.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-10-18), Rebelyell (10-02-18), tudorose (09-11-18)
Old 09-11-18, 01:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,252 Times in 14,926 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I know your age Tudor, I know we are the cool crowd.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
DanielGM1970 (09-11-18), Rebelyell (10-02-18), tudorose (09-11-18)
Old 09-11-18, 06:22 AM

tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe we sure are
DanielGM1970 (09-11-18), Rebelyell (10-02-18)
Old 09-11-18, 11:10 AM
ADDvanced Member

DanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to allDanielGM1970 is a name known to all

Aw, SarahSweets stole my line - I was going to say it looks like you are part of the cool crowd here!

I wish I had discovered long ago that there is a whole spectrum of how different people are going to react to you - some will love you, some not, some will want to be your friends, some not - you just have to say "yes" to it all, and not want people to feel something they don't.

If there's a group that doesn't include you, f--- it. Find your own group, organically. They aren't necessarily bad people because they have something in common. Now, if they treat you badly in some way, then be assertive and tell them you don't like the behavior, and that they need to change it and make amends. But I wouldn't hold grudges or label people as "bad" or "********" or whatever. It just hurts you, not them. Most people are good people for the most part, and you are good for the most part, they just don't want to be friends with you for whatever reason.

D.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanielGM1970 For This Useful Post:
benito (09-11-18), Rebelyell (10-02-18), tudorose (09-11-18)
Old 10-01-18, 05:42 AM

So my 'friend' who has been away for a month came back today and I can always tell when **** has been said about me coz of how she treats me. Saying things about the project I ran (that she wasn't even there for) where I didn't let the ringleader get her own way. Hmmmm

The ringleader is leaving for another area on Monday so I'm watching to see how that changes things. I'm over this hot and cold BS based on what **** others want to say about me. People suck this is why I don't bother having any friends.
Rebelyell (10-02-18)
Old 10-01-18, 07:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,252 Times in 14,926 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Just the fact the the ring leader is called a ring leader means she's a b**ch.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (10-02-18), stef (10-01-18), tudorose (10-01-18)
Old 10-01-18, 07:26 AM

I really thought this other one was my friend. But she's just so easily led that she can't be anyone's friend. Ive known her for 11 years. Her husband has adhd and she knows so much about me which I know would have been gotten out of her by the ringleader. I feel betrayed and exposed. A lot of what she knows was not meant for my enemies. It feel like how I'd feel if my real identity was exposed on here given all the stuff I've said over the last 15 years
stef (10-01-18)
Old 10-01-18, 09:57 AM

Thanked 27,028 Times in 13,127 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

wow i am just so happy to be done with all of this BS.
i had this nagging thing, with anothe floor being a kind of a "cool crowd"; it's like i just didn't get them or fit in. this was strangely, both the lawyers and staff. But i wasn't too involved with them nor was my boss unless he absolutely had to deal with them. (we were on a different floor).

They were absolutely horrible to a new, young associate who coincidentally, my boss much appreciated for her out-of-the-box thinking - she has adhd also - and asked her to work with a very touchy, high profile client.

ugghhhh also on another floor, i had this just lovely nice colleague and even the most unpleasant partners were friendly to her and she made everyone laugh. she had zero notion of office politics, etc. also she was damn good at her job. we used to share an office, once she came down to see me and said wide-eyed, "stef they're all jealous of me!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-01-18), tudorose (10-01-18)
Old 10-01-18, 10:01 AM

Thanked 21,403 Times in 11,479 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

The dogs are the cool gang here.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
tudorose (10-01-18)
Old 10-01-18, 11:08 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,046 Times in 7,495 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Lil Miss doesn't need to join no cool crowd.

Lil Miss IS the cool crowd!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-01-18)
Old 10-02-18, 04:04 AM

Thanked 27,028 Times in 13,127 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Also not to hijack your thread, but well my boss was also theirs, and he handpicked people to work with him; and the woman who was the worst to the young associate had since been promoted within her team, but never asked to assist with that Client. because my boss probably saw right through her as the phony ***** she is. A lot of it was just pure jealousy.
At a holiday outing for the department, she purposely turned halfway so as to cut me out of the conversation. i dont think she liked assistants chatting with fee earners.

anyway just stay out of their BS and don't let this microcosm of behavior define how IRL friendships work. i would love to hang out and watch some sports with you. you could explain that aussie footy thing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-02-18), tudorose (10-02-18)
Old 10-02-18, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
anyway just stay out of their BS and don't let this microcosm of behavior define how IRL friendships work. i would love to hang out and watch some sports with you. you could explain that aussie footy thing
One day I'd like to come to France then we can talk le tour and Aussie Rules Football.
stef (10-02-18)