ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 02-05-13, 09:37 PM
Forum Guru

starry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the rough
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKitty View Post
Hurled a lemon that I grabbed from behind the bar at a womans head without thinking because she was laughing at me for some reason.
That's hilarious!!!!
ysabeau (02-07-13)
Old 02-06-13, 11:49 AM
Jr Member

chapeltownfs will become famous soon enough
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

You guys have some classics! I have done a lot of the things you all have. Here are some of mine:

1.Ransacked the house looking for my credit card/wallet/keys only to find it they were in a coat pocket.

2. Accused people of stealing things that I later found. One time it was a beautiful watch my dad had bought me for Christmas. Had a fit and fell in it when it went missing. As it turns out, I had taken the watch off to do the dishes and it fell behind the microwave where it sat for a year and a half.

3. Tried to start my car that was already started because I got distracted by changing the radio station..... that does not sound good!

4. Having to "do the Math" because I forget how old *I* am, let alone how old anyone else is!

I am sure I will think of a dozen more after I post this!
One DD with ADHD Homeschooling for High School
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chapeltownfs For This Useful Post:
Allegra113 (11-29-13), starry (02-16-13)
Old 02-07-13, 09:08 PM

ysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the rough

Maybe it's the ADD, maybe I'm just a ******* idiot.

When I was two I got stuck so far up a tree my mother had to call the fire brigade. Then there was the time I got myself stuck in the bathroom and my mother had to call the fire brigade. Then there was the time when I wanted to make lots of bubbles in my brothers bath so I got the electric beater and whipped up the bath water while he was in the tub. Then there was the time I completely and utterly on impulse decided to stick a fork in the toaster "to see if it was true". Then there was that time when I was 6 and on camp and there was a huge storm brewing and I decided to take my entire class out onto a sandbar about 50 meters from the shore while the tide was coming in.

Oh and when my ADHD husband was 17 he had to be bailed out of the county sheriffs jail by his Mother because he'd climbed to the top of a very large crane. Oh that reminds me, another time while he was in college, he thought it would be a great idea to wrap a large watermelon in several rolls of TP, soak it in ethyl octane set it alight and throw it out the frat house window into the dead car on the front lawn, except he forgot to open the window, so it bounced off, landed on the sofa and nearly burnt down the whole fraternity house.
chapeltownfs (02-08-13), chipmunk (02-11-14), EyeBat (05-20-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-13, 04:57 AM
Jr Member

clairethecat is on a distinguished road

Most recently I lost my credit card, borrowed my husbands as the accounts are linked, and lost it. All in the same day.

I lose my car all the time, but the worst was a time I stopped by a Walmart to buy a card for a party I was running late to. I had of course forgotten to do this when I bought the present. I was also of course late. I came out with the card which had taken about five minutes to buy with no idea where the car was. I walked around for over an [i]hour and a half[i] only to finally find my car across the street in a completely different lot. To make it stranger, it was about 8pm when I parked and the lot was almost empty. There were about 200 spots in the lot near the door to the Walmart so why I parked across the street, I have no idea. I finally arrived at the party near 10pm, hurting the hosts feelings, who really couldn't believe that I had been lost in a parking lot for 90 minutes.

I would be a horrible horrible waitress. I was a horrible horrible barista. I could do the register pretty well though
The Following User Says Thank You to clairethecat For This Useful Post:
chapeltownfs (02-08-13)
Old 02-15-13, 11:04 PM

RudieToo is on a distinguished road

An ex-boyfriend bought me key & wallet locators for my birthday one year, since I left/lost my stuff so often.
I've left my phone in public restrooms easily 10 ten times. In the last 4 years.
At my first psychiatrist's appointment, I left my coat in her office and had to go back for it.
My SO always asks, "Do I need to say that again?" or "Were you listening?"
I've left purses, scarves, bags, phone, glasses, etc, everywhere. EVERYWHERE. No location is off limits! I joke with friends it's an excuse to see them again.
Regarding impulsiveness, I'm bad about ice cream. I pick at it, picking out all the good stuff.

My favorite story is when I was a kid, I called our priest "Buster" because he was mispronouncing classmates' last names and reading their grades out loud. Some kids were just horrified by the whole deal, and I thought I would tell him off. I got yanked into the hallway so fast!
The Following User Says Thank You to RudieToo For This Useful Post:
Allegra113 (11-29-13)
Old 02-16-13, 05:59 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,231 Times in 13,787 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I accidentally stole a car at a party in my senior year in high school. I know accidental theft sounds like an oxy moron but I could have sworn she said sure "sure go ahead" when I asked her....then again..she was in the middle of sex when I got that answer.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
starry (02-16-13)
Old 02-16-13, 06:47 AM
Forum Guru

starry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I accidentally stole a car at a party in my senior year in high school. I know accidental theft sounds like an oxy moron but I could have sworn she said sure "sure go ahead" when I asked her....then again..she was in the middle of sex when I got that answer.
LOL!!

My friend asked me to drive her car, when we left a club right before closing, since she was a bit drunk and I wasn't drinking that evening. The valets were bringing out the cars so fast and I walked and got into a car that I thought was hers. She got in as well. Then as I had just stepped on the gas, I realized that the car didn't look the same inside, as her car. And then I looked in the mirror and saw the confused expression on the valets' face as we drove off. I told her I think we're in someone elses' car and she panicked of course lol!! I took the quickest U-turn I could find and headed back. Thankfully her car was still there and the owner of the car hadn't found out that two strangers had taken his/her car out for a spin The poor valet attendant was so relieved. We gave him another tip and changed cars.
And this happened without me having had a sip of alcohol.
sarahsweets (02-16-13), T____y (01-15-14)
Old 02-16-13, 07:17 AM
Forum Guru

When I was a kid, I've accidentally held the hand of a total stranger, thinking it was my mom or my dad (in a crowded place). People would be so surprised and I would be terrified when I looked up and noticed it wasn't my dad or my mom. There's actually a film of me doing this on our visit to Rome, that my dad had captured on video. My parents showed it to everyone, cracking up and it never gets old for them. When I was younger, I used to get mad at them for showing it.
The film shows me and my mom feeding the pigeons in a crowded plaza in Rome. Then my mom walks away telling me that we're leaving. I don't want to leave, so I hang out with the pigeons for a another minute or so. Then walk and grab some womans' hand. She kinda freaks out and yanks her hand out of mine. Then I stand there all confused, trying to see my mom and my dad in the crowd and after a little while I start crying. And only then my dad decides to stop filming and they both approach me laughing their heads off. How I hated them that day! And that mean woman who was scared of a 5 year old. I know I surprised her, but geez she didn't have to treat me like I had scabies or something.
aeon (04-16-14)
Old 02-16-13, 08:55 PM

Guest123 has a spectacular aura aboutGuest123 has a spectacular aura about

I think I lived my whole life with a certain amount of negligence; I don't "blame" ADHD for that although I admit it definitely probably was a major factor.
Old 02-20-13, 10:13 PM

SpirallingSnowy is on a distinguished road

Rofl some of these are utter gold..... There are more in my life then i can count.

I consistently lose my keys and phone. Always putting them down somewhere and forgetting where that somewhere is. Over the years i have tried harder to make sure i know where it is, or consistently put them in the same place...... works sometimes.

I once left my handbag in a cab after an extremely messy drunk night - as in the boyfriend came into the city to pick me up, i was drinking with 2 people who were underage, i wasn't, and i had bought a bottle of vodka, forgotten that i hadnt eaten much that day, drinking vodka in lemonade - BAD. They say i was paralytic. My bag got left in the first cab we got in, i stupidly had put all the money earned the past few days from baby-sitting in my wallet, which was stolen from me. The first and only time i have been THAT drunk somewhere where ive had to make my way home. Got everything back but the money the next day when the cabbie called the number on my bankcard for my bank and the cabbie dropped the bag home.

Leaving the door unlocked. Leaving my window open -i open it for fresh air, my room is at the front of the house.....

THinking i locked my keys to my work locker in my locker - including my wallet, my keys and my phone.... went and got a manager to break the padlock.... turns out i had only dropped my keys and some kind soul had put it up on top of the lockers - noticed jsut before the manager broke the padlock lol - this was the past monday night :P

I cant count the amount of phones ive broken- dropping them in water etc.... the worst was when i was working and i had bought a 1L bottle of apple juice, drunk some, and put my phone in the same bag as it and went back to work after my break.... after work my phone was in 2 inches of apple juice in the plastic bag and did not survive :P

I left my wallet at the pizza shop on the bench, with friends.... it was the only thing i carried into the shop!?!?! NEither my friends or the shop owner let me forget cos we got there regularly lol......Picked up the pizza, walked away.... lol Now i take exact money in there :P

At my most recent psychiatrists appointment i left 3 school reports with him.

I lost my wallet over 10 times inside my high school. Never to be seen again. All because i put it down and forgot where that somewhere was.
Old 02-22-13, 08:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

Soconfused27 has a spectacular aura aboutSoconfused27 has a spectacular aura about

Oh dear I could add a new one everyday.
- I once left my phone in the bathroom, in the mall, in a city 4 hours from my town. I got lucky with that one though because I called it and the guy answered it and gave it back. I had to rush to a bus stop where he was waiting for a bus to show up any minute.

Here's a few to add to the car stories
- I have locked my keys in the a few times. Each time having to embarrass myself some way to get back in. I've gone into the hospital asking for a coat hanger, called my husband brother who owns a mechanics shop but there are 2 time that really stand out:

1. My oldest was 2 and in his car seat in the back middle. I closed the doors after opening the trunk and giving him my keys to play with. As I'm putting the stroller in the trunk I hear *click*. He locked the door, phone in car, house keys on the key ring my son is holding! I had no way to get in and since the fire department was only a block away I asked a complete stranger (who had no phone) to go the fire department for me. I expect maybe 1 person in a truck to show up.... But nope 5 HUGE (calendar worthy) firemen show up in the big fire truck!! This attracted alot of attention and they took their time not to scratch the paint on the car. After all this one of them realizes there's a fold down piece in the trunk. I watched a huge man squeeze through there that to reach the lock. At least they have my son a sparky the fire dog stuffy. Lol

2. I managed to lock my two sleeping babies in the truck and let my 7 year old out. Not sure how it happened but the truck was running. It was late and I live 20 minutes out of town. I had to smash the window on the truck to get my babies out! Here's the kicker... I found the spare key (the one I had made last time I locked myself out of the truck but forgot about) a month later IN THE COAT I WAS WEARING!!

- I lost my truck and house keys 6 months ago. I blamed my daughter for taking them out of the diaper bag where I put them. I just found them last week... In another bag I had with me.

- I've locked myself out of the house so many times I'm a pro at breaking in!

I also have to do the math to calculate my age.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soconfused27 For This Useful Post:
starry (02-23-13)
Old 02-22-13, 09:12 PM

rjcordova is on a distinguished road

I onced opened my car's trunk to retrieve some items. I placed the keys on the side inside the trunk, since I figured I wouldn't forget them because at the time I had a lanyard attached to them and I would always check to see if the lanyard was hanging out of my pockets before locking the car. Long story short, I closed the trunk without taking my keys out. And the car was locked... I was miles away from home too...
Old 02-23-13, 06:43 AM
Forum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused27 View Post
I also have to do the math to calculate my age.
Same here! LOL!! I thought I was the only one doing this.

On top of ADD, I also have dyscalculia though. Math, is just not my thing.
Allegra113 (11-29-13)
Old 03-03-13, 01:37 PM

Macincheese88 is on a distinguished road

I've forgotten to take my dogs out for their potty break. The natural consequences of that were pretty frustrating.

The best one has to be that for our wedding we ordered pie from a local bakery instead of traditional cake. I was supposed to arrange for someone to pick up the pies by noon the day of. I forgot to ask someone to do that for me. At noon on my wedding day the bakery calls to say they still have the pies. I was frantic. Apparently not frantic enough because I was immediately sidetracked again and still didn't have anyone pick up the pies. At 3 pm the sweet bakery lady showed up to the venue with the pies (even though they don't deliver) so we would have our dessert for the reception. My dad happened to be there setting up some equipment and was able to let her in (and tip her generously for her very kind accommodation.)

Lots of things that have been mentioned like losing important items, missing key parts of conversations because I was shuffling through other thoughts in my head.
Old 03-03-13, 08:04 PM

XMauzX is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, was wandering around the forums... Thought i'd chip in. I got a true kick out of this thread. Hope you get a kick out of my contribution.

1. Thinking "i'll do it tomorrow" and realizing 4 days have passed. (as humiliating as this is, it even happens with showers)

2. Losing/forgetting paperwork (home/school/insurance/rent)

3. Using card to pay for gas, filling pump, driving away with hose still in gas tank. (this happened while vacationing across the country) went back the next day, told them. They never did anything to me. Thank god.

4. Broke 2 teeth 6 months ago. Keep forgetting to make dental appointment.

5. Absentmindedly broke my glasses at work, 2 years later, still procrastinating.

6. Crashed my truck into a (1) church wall (2) garbage truck (3) gas station pole (4) unoccupied school bus at a red light (no one noticed) (5) a jeep while backing up (6) another pick up truck at a stop sign. [no injuries occurred through out any accidents]

7. Letting car registration expire for 4 months, same with inspection

8. Working a full 40 (some times more) hour work week... Still dont know where my money goes

9. (relating to pink eye story) was spraying my apartment with pesticide to rid us of spiders, caused bluster on thumb knuckle, forgot about 3 page research paper, took pictures of blister, sent them to prof. Explaining that i got bit by a wolf spider to buy time to write said paper.

10. (most embarrassing) got kicked out of sociology class for being "over zealous, ruthless, inconsiderate , intollerant and disrupting class" during the "political correctness" lecture (i give mtself points for irony and subtract more points for not properly and productively explaining myself.

11. Getting so nervous at work about possible mistakes that i passed out

12. Fell so many times i became known as "accident prone" (went to the hospital twice for genital injury in 6 months, causing my family to be temporarily investigated for child abuse... There wasnt any abuse going on)

12. Getting my bike stolen. First because i forgot my chain lock, and then by forgetting that i rode my bike to school and getting a ride from a friend.

13. Getting promoted to advanced math in the 3rd grade for calling out answers, only to be put back in regular math for "failing" and "consistantly talking to neighbors during class"

14. Locking myself out of my truck 3x in one day

15. Forgetting when i start new clients and not showing up (quit that job)

16. Have a thought, forget it instantly (happened just now) OH! open pack of cigarettes, smoke a few, lose pack, open another, smoke a few, lose pack... (i've had six packs of half full cigarettes strewn across the truck)

17. Starting but never finishing a book*
(except for "life of pi" read the book, watch the movie. Best decision ever)

18. Neglecting to sign up for next semester classes

19. Inexplicably, unintentionally, angrily shouting answers to TV game shows (double innappropriate at work, still startles husband)

20. Forgetting to put on uniform shirt, but thats ok because i never clean out my truck so i know i have 3 to choose from in the back seat*

Ok, i'm sorry that was so long. Hope this makes someone else feel "normal"
The Following User Says Thank You to XMauzX For This Useful Post:
alyris (03-16-13)