ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 03-09-13, 10:24 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Cyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

I have a locksmith's phone number loaded into my cell phone contacts. I used to have his business card on my dashboard (so you could see it from the outside of the car), but it got lost. I've been meaning to tape the number onto the inside of the windshield facing out, but I keep forgetting.

Just in the past two weeks:

I'm always so tired when I come home from a major trip to the grocery store, so I'm inclined to put the groceries on the living room floor for a few minutes, then put them away after a short break. I've repeatedly left perishable foods out for hours because of this. Last time, I bought a half pork loin, and mentally chanted "Put the pork loin away, put the pork loin away" my whole trip home. But I imagined putting the pork loin away so much that I forgot I hadn't done it. A whole half pork loin... ruined.

Needed to fill a gallon jug with tap water. Kitchen sink is overflowing with dirty dishes, so I go to the bathroom sink. The jug is too tall for the sink, so not all of the water will go in and it's filling slowly. I decided to prop it up and go do something else while I wait. I forgot about it. I walk toward that part of the house for a different reason a little while later, and my floor has a huge puddle! The jug is full and water is splashing out of it.

My apartment complex has a pay-to-use laundromat instead of a washer and dryer for each unit. My purse was getting my way when I was loading my clothes into the dryer so I took it off and set it on a washing machine. I went home for about an hour while my clothes dried. When I came back to get my clothes, I noticed my purse still sitting there! I'm so luckily it wasn't stolen. If it had been stolen, I wouldn't have even known what happened....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiegrace View Post
The time that I forgot I had just taken a ceramic baking dish out of the oven two minutes earlier and picked it up with my bare hands?
I've done that too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyllya For This Useful Post:
XMauzX (03-10-13)
Old 03-13-13, 12:38 PM
Jr Member

rambleramble is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

I went to the drive through to order a coffee, got to the window and realized i had never even ordered to begin with, i just skipped that part lol
Old 03-16-13, 09:34 AM

alyris is on a distinguished road

I have high fived people at stores, walking through the mall and at the park, for no reason

I have streaked naked, and taken on many other dares, for the thrill of it

I have caused a scene of disbelief when ordering subway and not realising that i had put somthing on it, that wasn't supposed to

I have been sent out of numerous classes for abruptly calling out things, merely for entertainment

I have been known to forget things, most notably my work access card

I have a horrible sense of time management and often take on large tasks, because at first it seems exciting

I once shouted my schools name at the top of my lungs, during a school captain induction ceremony

I often lead people off on tangents, diverting from the boring mundane speech of everyday life.this has let me into clubs, closed friend circles, and places where I should not be allowed. It has also led me to some unfortunate places as well
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-13, 01:06 PM

Ibicella Lutae is on a distinguished road

I wanted to support my friend who was going to testify in court, so I got dressed nicely and realized when I got all the way to the courthouse that I had put on my dirty hiking boots.
Old 03-17-13, 12:44 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute

Spending the last 72 hours in poverty (no food, no shelter, no money) with huge bags after two weeks intense holidays while in heavy hangovers, severe sleep deprivation - spending those hours outside in parks, on rocks trying to sleep.

Why ?

Because I had to buy that 300.- leather jacket (still not regretting) and I even was proud of the way I thought I 'manipulated' the salesman. (ahum - AHUUUUUM)

I better enjoy this damn thing This is one of those moments you notice it reinforces friendship - so strongly !! We were both together, my best & me. We've never been closer, the basterd & me
The Following User Says Thank You to Gilthranon For This Useful Post:
stef (03-17-13)
Old 04-29-13, 10:33 PM
Jr Member

SilentDaydream is on a distinguished road

The many things that I have done...Gosh, there are so many, my fiancee knows too well how I am...hmmmm where do I begin.

1.) Had left the iron on at home after leaving for an interview or work (am uncertain which it was, since it was a while ago).

2.) Placing my fiancee's laptop next to an iron full of water.

3.) Leaving the fridge open.

4.) Locking myself out of the house

5.) Zoned out and almost got ran over by a car.

6.) One time my fiancee told me about not closing the bathroom door or sliding the cabinets after 10 pm, (We were visiting his mom's place and she's a light sleeper.)
I nodded and said ok, but 5 minutes later did exactly that.
Old 04-30-13, 03:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,467 Times in 923 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

Let one of my son's friends mother agreed to share ride to grocery with me when my old man passed. Her son has adhd and bi polar and this boy is only 5 or so, with a step father that i have no idea which illness/s itthey are but well ,,The S dad and S son came to pick up my son's friend - who i adore actually. He was good to us when we were hitting the fan welll bottom line she voodoo cursed and released an 'elemental' that did do many negative things. I on the other hand was meditating to Tom kenyons work, doing sound and color therapy, a cleanse...i was on a quest...seriously i feel its do or just die for me. And i quit smoking marlboros, it was almost the best time of my life besides my sons arrival....dude i was lucky to find Marshall jack a real piute shaman and the whole thing cost me 3 animals and leaviing my home with staples up my belly.

i want to write my story cus i cant believe it - shocking the overly shocked chronic ptsd'r means agoraphobic basically

i'm old so forgive me,,,i do go on had a bad day lol

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-05-13, 05:18 PM

PinkSkyCloud is on a distinguished road

Well, at work, we take turns being the crossing guard so that the children don't get hurt coming into the school.

Imagine standing in the middle of the road holding up a stop sign when there isn't a car in sight and being caught staring into space. My coworkers are good natured and only laughed a little at me. One of them kidded about my being "special" and I'm thinking "boy, you have no idea". I guess I should be thankful I didn't have the sign at my side with a car heading towards me.
Old 05-06-13, 03:02 PM

Flwerchild is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I went to the city and made a mental note of where I parked my car, 90 minutes walking in and out of every parking garage, only to discover that the claim ticket w/the address & number were in my back pocket. - Better than last time when I had to wait til the entire stadium emptied to locate it.

Bought a keyless ignition car (big mistake) when the car suddenly stopped while driving citing "no key detected" was my first clue that I might have left them on the roof....

Forgot my friend was having a dinner party, the fact that they called & told me 20X, guess they won't be having a surprise birthday party for me again.....

If nothing else, everyday is a new adventure!
Old 05-06-13, 03:56 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold

I once put my water bottle on the roof of my car and forgot about it since I was putting my groceries in the car, I then went into my car and started driving.
I see something flying down my windshield and hear a "BANG!". It freaked me out. Dang water bottle.

2. Losing my keys, wallet, and other things constantly. Including my car.

3. Going to a store and forgetting what I was supposed to buy.

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
Old 05-06-13, 05:10 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to all

I frequently leave my keys in the ignition of my car and forget to lock the door when I park 6_6
Old 05-07-13, 12:57 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,467 Times in 923 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear.
GONZO

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-09-13, 05:56 PM

FarmLady is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

Oh my gosh, this is so awesome... I was just diagnosed with ADHD a month ago - I'm FIFTY-TWO years old!!! And now a lot of really weird stuff makes a lot of sense. Thanks to all of you for posting here, I feel practically normal now (I'm not the only one like me)!

My silliest (and definitely most embarassing) ADD thing I've done? I like to read... I was reading a REALLY interesting book while I was cooking dinner one night. This was on a kind of fancy farm where my hubby and I were caretakers, and all the buildings were outfitted with fire alarm systems that not only sound off a siren, but summon the fire department... you probably know how this one is going to end by now. At some point the doorbell rang, and I realized that the fire alarm was going off and the kitchen was full of smoke from the pan of rice that was burning itself to oblivion and there was a fire engine in front of the house... this was in a small town, too. The guys were all super good natured, at least... they let me off after having a good laugh at my expense... but it WAS a really good book!

Man, you're all great...
Old 05-09-13, 08:22 PM

Pop sparkles is a jewel in the roughPop sparkles is a jewel in the roughPop sparkles is a jewel in the rough

The other day at work I banged my head against one of the ( heart shocker thing?) thing iin front of a client and multiple co workers....just one...
Old 05-10-13, 08:22 PM
Jr Member

FerretLover is on a distinguished road

I did something really embarrassing and funny to both myself and my nephew.
My nephews dad's name is Richard, but everyone, (including myself), called him Dick.....(anyone know where this is going?)
Anyway, my ex-BIL brought my nephew over for a visit on his motorcycle, and as they were leaving I asked my BIL.....
"Motorcycle, did you ride D*** over!?"
Guess what I DON'T call him anymore?
CA Native for 61 years