ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 05-12-13, 11:22 PM

SeraLing is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

Some, from the top of my head...

1. I went for a friend's wedding... only to find an empty venue, because it's actually on the next day (not the day BEFORE, thank god).

2. I have a habit of Facebooking about 15 minutes before I end work. I usually leave alot later than that, like... 3 hours later.

3. I was making breakfast and the door bell rang cuz a delivery came. I went to sort out the delivery stuff, forgetting all about what I was doing in the kitchen, and I ended up with a burnt pan and black, shrivelled eggs. The main reason why my husband bought me an induction stove.

4. I always leave my bags behind at the cashier's counter after shopping. Always, it almost looks deliberate.

5. I lose my hair clips EVERYWHERE.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeraLing For This Useful Post:
MX2012 (10-05-13)
Old 05-13-13, 04:25 AM

anagram has disabled reputation
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

This one wasn't me, but I think it deserves a place here.

My father once destroyed the garage door because it simply didn't occur to him to open it before trying to leave the house

(I say "garage door" but, really, it's a gate. Thick, heavy, metal bars.)

there are four lights
Old 05-13-13, 04:59 AM

anagram has disabled reputation

Late edit: Oops, never mind me, pretend I was't here. I'm not a woman and neither is my father (presumably). From now on I'll try to pay more attention to where the "new posts" come from.

there are four lights
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-13, 05:14 PM

FarmLady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagram View Post
Late edit: Oops, never mind me, pretend I was't here. I'm not a woman and neither is my father (presumably). From now on I'll try to pay more attention to where the "new posts" come from.
Heh - I think that particular little oops definitely deserves a place in this thread, woman or not!

I've ALMOST done that a few times... it was fine when it was manual, but after hubby put in the button, I've forgotten to wait for the door to go all the way up a couple of times, once in front of hubby. I missed the door, but the poor guy freaked... the lecture kind of froze the "Wait for the door to go up before even getting in the car" mentalilty in my head forever!
Old 05-14-13, 05:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,053 Times in 14,232 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Ive got a new one. Made eggs yesterday. Grabbed three and stuck them in my robe pocket, scrambled away. When I went up to get dressed I found 1 whole egg still in my pocket.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-14-13, 05:16 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,663 Times in 2,004 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I booked a video conference across 3 locations and I thought I had done it perfectly. It all seemed too good to be true. Turns out it was - I had booked it for a public holiday...
MX2012 (10-05-13), stef (05-15-13)
Old 05-14-13, 05:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,175 Times in 2,960 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Ask a cute girls name in a night club..... forget 15 seconds later into the conversation. (Could be the drink?)

2) Turn up to college and other social venues with my slippers on.

3) Turn up to work with shirt on inside out.

4) Going for a job interview and walking past the building 15 or something times and arriving an hour late.

5) Getting family relations mixed up. (This is particularly embarrassing)

6) Writing down appointment date and time on calender and still missing it or turning up on the wrong date and time

7) Just realizing that i'm in the "womans" section.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Gilthranon (05-23-13), MX2012 (10-05-13), stef (05-15-13), tudorose (05-14-13)
Old 05-15-13, 12:23 AM

Adhd4life2 is on a distinguished road

OMG Ladies I LOVE you ALL!
I'm new to this forum (to any forum actually) and I finally feel like I'm not alone...okay let me just list a few of mine

- I accidentally locked my 4year old son inside my car with car running and he had a fever of 102 I was on my way to hospital with him when I had to run inside for purse....
- After pumping gasoline I hoped in my car drove off with pump still in my car.
- Locked keys in my car twice in one day...2nd time police refused to help had to pay locksmith
- after my daughters dr apt thought I locked my keys in my car I sat on sidewalk waiting for my hubby to rescue us in extreme summer heat then I noticed my key hanging off my finger...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adhd4life2 For This Useful Post:
Allegra113 (11-29-13), MX2012 (10-05-13)
Old 05-16-13, 11:24 PM

WheresMyPurse is on a distinguished road

What a great thread. Like another poster here, I also had a full water bottle go ker-THUNK on the roof of my car because I forgot it was there and drove several miles down the road. I totally jumped out of my skin! There's sooo many more instances but I'll save 'em for when I have more time. Thanks so much for sharing....
Old 05-21-13, 03:12 PM

flipnfly8 is on a distinguished road

Wow - this thread makes me feel tons better!

Recently, I signed the paperwork to buy a car that was out of my budget by $15K. Thankfully, I hadn't taken possession of the car and got to rip up the paperwork the next day... :/

Previously, I lost a best friend because I told her that she had "settled" for a guy by choosing to marry the man she was going to marry. That was not what I meant AT ALL however, that is how it came out because I can't control my mouth. In any case - we are no longer friends.

And getting into a car accident because I wasn't paying attention i.e. daydreaming. Sigh.

Those are the biggies....
The Following User Says Thank You to flipnfly8 For This Useful Post:
MX2012 (10-05-13)
Old 05-21-13, 03:13 PM

flipnfly8 is on a distinguished road

Oh! And I also left my keys in the car and the car running while I went to the movies...when I came out, I thought I had lost my keys but found them when I found my car. Crazy...
Old 05-23-13, 09:00 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
1) Ask a cute girls name in a night club..... forget 15 seconds later into the conversation. (Could be the drink?)

2) Turn up to college and other social venues with my slippers on.

3) Turn up to work with shirt on inside out.

4) Going for a job interview and walking past the building 15 or something times and arriving an hour late.

5) Getting family relations mixed up. (This is particularly embarrassing)

6) Writing down appointment date and time on calender and still missing it or turning up on the wrong date and time

7) Just realizing that i'm in the "womans" section.
Wait we're in the women section ?
Old 05-24-13, 12:35 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Cyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond reputeCyllya has a reputation beyond repute

Once I almost left the house without pants/skirt on. I was heading for a job interview, so good thing I noticed.

Lots of times I've ruined food by forgetting it was in the oven. (Or even just forgetting it was in the fridge. What's that smell? How long has that chicken been there?!?!?)

I don't have kids, but I could totally see myself forgetting a baby in the car. I saw a tip on a mommy forum to always put your purse in your back seat (in the car seat, if the baby's not in it), so you always have to check back there. Totally going to use that idea someday.
Old 05-24-13, 07:37 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,053 Times in 14,232 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

almost fell off my roof yesterday.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-27-13, 08:37 AM

Trude1210 is on a distinguished road

I was once fired from a job because while getting dressed for work I began watching a major news story on Tv....and got so wrapped up in it I completely forgot I had to work.:-/