ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 08-13-13, 08:31 PM

Redex5798 is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

1. I took a bus ride once to travel 2-3 blocks; had my laptop in my backpack and walked off completely forgetting it until I sat down at Starbucks —then I realized it wasn't with me.

2. Left my house with the door wide open when I took a walk to get water ice. A trustworthy neighbor had called and told me this 10 minutes after leaving.

3. Dedicated a half hour of my exam time to spacing out periodically in my thoughts, only leaving me completely lost majority of the time.

Took me about 15 minutes to write this; not on the proper medication just yet.
Old 08-21-13, 09:45 PM

SingleMomTeach is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the most negligent and silly things you have done because of your ADHD?

Mine isn't really that funny. I had two children with a man who cares more about meth than his beautiful kids because it took me 5 years to complete a pro and con list about whether or not I should get a divorce. Okay, I'm simplifying the situation but it really did take me that long to make the list.
The Following User Says Thank You to SingleMomTeach For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (08-22-13)
Old 08-22-13, 06:53 PM
Jr Member

BluePHX is on a distinguished road

I bought some food at a Jack in the Box, and while I was waiting in the line for the window, I gathered up some trash and put it all in an old bag to throw away at the trash can at the end of the drive thru. I got my food, payed for it, pulled right up to the trash can, and threw the food I had just bought away! As soon as I realized what I had done, I felt ridiculous and couldn't stop laughing at myself at the same time. I drove to another Jack in the Box across town and bought the same meal again because I was too embarrassed to get it again at this Jack in the Box. Ugh.
The Following User Says Thank You to BluePHX For This Useful Post:
BodhiCat (09-05-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-13, 09:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,112 Times in 2,794 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my, this thread scared the shyt out of me.. After laughing over a few of everyone else's it doesn't seem so bad to share.

1. Many times I'll poke myself in the lip .. Cause I tried to drink my keys. As stupid as that sounds it's better than when I've tried to start the car with a cup of coffee.

2. I see the milk out on the counter for god knows how long, I open the fridge to put it back and there's my cell phone!

3. I have to resubmit my credit card info everywhere monthly bc I'm always canceling lost cards.

4. I get a call from a client requesting a meeting on my way home from work,.. After checking my pockets I say sorry, I can't seem to find my phone which has my calendar, can I call you back?

5. Shown up to work with one black shoe and one brown shoe. A colleague points it out and then asks if I got dressed in the dark. "Ummmm, wuuu, ... Oh yes! YES that's it.. Got dressed in the dark. How'd you know?"

6. Sitting in a meeting with a big client of the firm,.. Now the Sr partner would blow up at me when he caught me day dreaming in a meeting,.. But this time he caught me having thought of a joke, and biting my lip in a poor and basically failed attempt to contain my laughter.

7. Shown up to a meeting in a suit and tie,.. Tied up and nice and straight with my collars still flipped up.

8. First job out of college, Im at work and accidentally hit print-screen while on Break.com,.. And running like he'll to the printer before anyone sees it.

9. Waiting for them to tell us to open our books and start the SATs. Day dreaming,.. Off in space,... then I hear, "Times up!" I look down to fill in C C C ..but I couldnt find a place to start because I saw I had marked answers for most of the questions... I have no clue what the **** happened there.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
Bethylphenidate (08-27-13)
Old 08-23-13, 03:31 AM
Jr Member

BluePHX is on a distinguished road

The replies to this posting make me feel a little better about my ADHD. I guess it's nice to (finally!) hear from people who understand what I'm going through. Thanks for sharing everybody.
The Following User Says Thank You to BluePHX For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (08-23-13)
Old 08-23-13, 10:34 AM
Contributor

courier is just really nicecourier is just really nicecourier is just really nicecourier is just really nice

a few days after I got my first car I was on a bus on my way home, the bus passed the garage where I bought the car, I got off at the next stop and walked back to town for my car
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to courier For This Useful Post:
stef (08-23-13), Stevuke79 (08-23-13)
Old 08-23-13, 03:58 PM
ADDvanced Member

Pingu* will become famous soon enough

When I was 7 I walked home from school wearing my bicycle helmet. At home I didn't realize I had walked, not biked home. My mother took the bike home when she saw it walking home from work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pingu* For This Useful Post:
Bethylphenidate (08-27-13), Stevuke79 (08-26-13)
Old 08-26-13, 11:16 AM

sloblolly is on a distinguished road

I drove 12 miles in a mad dash to take my husband's work keys, that he had forgotten. I met my husband and when he reached for his keys I realized that I had left home without them.

I addressed an envelope three times before I got it right.

Slob
Old 08-29-13, 03:03 AM
Committee Member

Bethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant futureBethylphenidate has a brilliant future

Posted a bunch of things on the "WHAT *SHOULD* you be doing right now?" thread...

...not even realizing that "getting ready for work!" was one of them. I freaked out when I received a text message from my boss that read, "Are you on your way to work?" 20 minutes after my shift started.

And that was today!

---

A few years ago, I was a manager at a fast food restaurant. A customer approached the counter with a chicken sandwich... without the bottom bun! The kicker? I was the one who made the sandwich, because my crew members needed some help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethylphenidate For This Useful Post:
Pingu* (08-30-13), Stevuke79 (08-29-13)
Old 08-31-13, 02:04 PM

icedcoffee is on a distinguished road

i don't think i have any interesting/funny ones...more just typical adhd stuff. i ask myself "really (my name)?" multiple times a day.

i lose everything/never know where anything is.

i think it's literally impossible for me to keep my school stuff organized- i always get separate notebooks and folders for each class and after a week everything is in 1-2 notebooks.

not uncommon for me to walk in and out of the house a few times before leaving (because of having to go back in for things)

forgetting to close my sunroof so often that whenever it rains i feel the need to go make sure it's closed

not being able to remember if i did something or just thought about doing it/not being able to remember if i said something or just thought it

going to the store for one specific thing, leaving with 10 things NONE of which are what i went for

i could go on forever
Old 09-05-13, 12:35 PM
Contributor

BodhiCat will become famous soon enough

Ah, so many embarrassing things! Luckily I've learned to laugh them off over the years! The way I look at it is, as soon as you start laughing at yourself, people are no longer laughing at you, but laughing with you!

1) A girl at work had her hair wrapped up in a scarf, and the scarf was tied up in a HUGE bun right on her forehead. I swear, it was the size of a bagel made with twice the dough. Then it happened. I got one of those i mpulses. I couldn't help it... I got a piece of printer paper, rolled it up into a cone, drew some lines on it, and taped it right to that bun and said "Now you're an unicorn!".... While I found it hilarious, I am glad I didn't get fired over that (I did apologize).

2) Back in my 20's playing hackey sack, not paying attention. Kicked the thing straight up, it knocked the cigarette out of my mouth, flipping it over in the air, sending it flying right towards my eye, and burning my cornea. I don't know if that can be attributed to ADD or not, but, if I was paying attention and thinking, it probably wouldn't have happened.

3) Drove down to my uncle's wedding in Central Florida. Crashed at his house because I am poor (other people did too. It was a nice relaxed wedding). Woke up super early the next morning (have trouble sleeping in unfamiliar places) and took a half hour drive to go to Ron Jon's Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach. Go, do my shopping, finish up at 7 AM, and, boom, my keys are locked in my car. I had to call my uncle on the morning after his wedding, and after a long night of partying, to drive down to Cocoa Beach to slim-jim my car, because, apparently the police don't do that anymore.

4) When I was living up north we had a huge blizzard come through one night. So, naturally, I decided to punch that snow in the face and go for a midnight drive. Go downstairs, start the truck up, set the defroster on full blast to melt the ice and heat the cab. Close the door and stared scraping ice and scraping snow. Finished about 20 minutes later, and go to get in and take off. Except, I had locked my keys in the truck. While it was running. And, my house keys and main complex key are right there on that key ring. Now, this was before everyone had cell phones. So, I'm standing in the parking lot at 10 PM, throwing snowballs at my friends's window on the second floor, yelling for them. Waking everybody up, because, the storm made everything nice and quiet. Finally they hear me and let me in to use their phone. Called AAA, but, they gave a time frame of FOUR HOURS. lol I didn't have enough gas for my truck to be running that long! Called the town police, and they were there in two minutes. They seemed excited to have something to do that night!

Sorry to ramble! lol I have a lot of work that I am procrastinating on right now!
Old 09-08-13, 11:57 PM

trip-tide is on a distinguished road

Im only 22 and I have just been diagnosed with inattentive ADHD, its pretty annoying looking back at all of the stupid things it contibutes to.

Anyway I would say the stupidest is in my relationships as I never want to deal with my own problems or sorting myself out so I would take over about a billion problems from my partners to block my own. Also the rage fits I would have because one second I would be fine but if a partner just wanted to sit there and do nothing I would go insane at them for about 5 minutes and then snap out of it and want to go back like nothing had happened. Another thing is finding all these ridiculous notes I write myself that is like, you need to change this or from this point im doing this and months later I have a million projects that I thought of but never started.

So far I am not going on medication as my doctor said its only really going to be necessary when it affects my life very negitavly but I would say not being able study or work without stopping or have a functioning relationship is pretty damn negative.
Old 09-09-13, 02:11 PM

Thea7777 is on a distinguished road

I love these! I just got diagnosed and I can so relate! What a revelation that I am not the ONLY one!!!!

1. Last week went to the store, tried on shoes and set my purse down, wandered around the store only to realize that I lost my purse! Luckily it was still there after I backtracked.

2. Blew up a glass dish on a stove top after turning on the wrong burner and walking away.

3. The smell of eggs when you try to hard boil them and forget about them and the water dries up. (I use a timer now all!)

4. Having to staple stickie notes on my purse so I don't forget to do things, and sometimes forgetting anyway.

So on and so on...
Old 09-10-13, 08:26 AM
Jr Member

Niekiletta is on a distinguished road

I gave my 6 month old milk and my 2 year old her formula. She was sick for 2 days
The Following User Says Thank You to Niekiletta For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (09-10-13)
Old 09-11-13, 10:07 PM

PhoenixGrey has a spectacular aura aboutPhoenixGrey has a spectacular aura about

I've gotten into trouble before at school for laughing and not being able to stop...still get in trouble at work for talking too much (silence is boring, man!)

Ended up on the wrong side of the road in a three point turn, oblivious to the fact (luckily it was in a driving testing area).

Hitting the gas instead of the brake (fortunately it was also in a driving testing area).

Accidentally leaving my ipod on speaker and listened to like 10 minutes of a very nerdy science podcast before someone at work politely told me that if I could turn it down, that would be great (I thought my headphones were plugged in properly, and hey, I could hear it so I assumed that they were fine, but apparently I was hearing itand so was everyone else, lol!)