ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 07-08-17, 04:21 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,054 Times in 14,233 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADD or just lazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana b adhd View Post
Hi! When i was diagnosed with ADHD I had originally thought I was bi-polar. Some days i would be super happy and productive and then i would crash and be completely depressed sometimes for days at a time.
This speaks volumes about how many misconceptions and misinformation there is on bipolar. If someone is moody-people say they have bipolar. Happy one day and sad the next-bipolar. Its not just people that are guilty of this but doctors too! I find it offensive that its thrown around the way it is.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Cat Noir (11-25-17), DeClutter (11-22-17), Pranthy (11-22-17)
Old 11-20-17, 12:36 PM

Pranthy is on a distinguished road

Bailey12 I do the same thing. If my daughter is with her dad for the weekend, I will have a huge laundry list of things I need to do, but end up just laying in bed for most of the day and don't even get to half of my list. Will feel overwhelmed and put it off for later or the next day and then don't get any of it done I hide this from my friends and family who are very active and out living life!

This past weekend though I made myself get up and out and was very happy I did. I also have the highs and lows within a day as dana b mentioned. I am skeptical of medication. I will speak to my therapist about it.
Old 11-20-17, 04:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

ADD in my experience is fraught with avoidance. This keeps our self esteem low but it seems many of us will do anything to avoid being with our feelings, and re-experiencing feelings of failure and inadequacy. At least this is my experience anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to allesandro1 For This Useful Post:
Pranthy (11-22-17)
Sponsored Links