ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 12-15-17, 09:32 PM

doglady85 is on a distinguished road
Stimulant paranoia...is it a thing?

Hey ladies! I hope I am doing this right, I have been a long time lurker but my first time actually posting, because I couldn’t find any solid answers on the other threads. Been on aderall for 7 years, 30mg XR. Recently started adding calcium, magnesium, iron and vitamin d (lots) to improve my mileage. (Runner for a hobby) In recent months I feel an extreme increase in my irritation...like I cuss people out and have quit my job...completely unlike me! I have also had numerous fights with my BFF...because I feel that she’s almost out to get me and she says I am paranoid. These are all new, but very acute onset and very severe. 32 year old mom with stable family and solid yet demanding career. Anyone have any experience with this? Could my new supplements make my adderall make me paranoid? Is this a thing? (Please forgive my ignorance)

Thanks!
Old 12-16-17, 02:47 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Stimulant paranoia...is it a thing?

I've never heard of those supplements causing these issues, but if those supplements were the only significant recent change in your life, then maybe try going off the supplements to see if you go back to normal.

Your doctor really needs to know about these changes. It could be depression (though your symptoms seem more like a male depression rather than female depression), or maybe a hypomanic phase of bipolar 2? I'm not a professional, so those are just my guesses.
Old 12-16-17, 03:44 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,261 Times in 5,501 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

I’d lay off the D with the stims. It may just be nudging your nervous system past useful with stims to the state ur in
Old 12-16-17, 06:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,477 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

You say "lots". Give us more details. How much are you actually taking?
Old 07-31-18, 02:28 PM
Jr Member

hipsterdoofus is on a distinguished road

I sometimes get mildly paranoid when my Vyvanse is wearing off.. Have you been feeling particularly anxious lately? Any new stressors? Either way, call your doctor and let them know what's up. Good luck!