ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-17, 08:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

C15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to all
I think I am gaming addicted

... because cannot get my fingers of a really stupid game called "fishdom".
I completely focus this crap thing. My inner clock adapts the games lifes loader.
I believe the best med is a cheat to have unlimited lifes to get this game finished
to get sucessfully rid off it. What a ****** up diesease!

CBD-votary
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C15H25N3O For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (01-22-17), madmax988 (11-19-17), Postulate (02-19-17)
Old 01-22-17, 05:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,621 Times in 2,411 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I think I am gaming addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by C15H25N3O View Post
Did you experience more often that you couldn't stop gaming or is it only with this game? If you only experienced it recently with this game I wouldn't immediately say it is an addiction. Yet, even in that case if you notice that it's having a big negative impact on your life you might take the necessary steps to stop playing.

Quote:
I completely focus this crap thing. My inner clock adapts the games lifes loader.
I believe the best med is a cheat to have unlimited lifes to get this game finished
If it is truly an addiction, it won't help you to get that cheat and finish the game. In that case you will find a new game or other addictive habit to fill the game. Best is to completely stop playing if you believe it is getting out of control.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
C15H25N3O (01-23-17), wonderboy (11-19-17)
Old 01-22-17, 08:30 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,954 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Being too focused on something doesn't have to be an addiction.

As Hermus said, the key things are how the rest of your life is affected and whether this is an ongoing problem or a temporary one.

It sounds stupid when I say this, but it is a game and you really can just quit right now and re-take control of your own life.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
C15H25N3O (01-23-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-17, 10:52 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 12,988 Times in 5,252 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Blargh! I hate that feeling. Do you keep playing even when it isn't fun anymore and all you want to do is throw your device across the room? That's what I do.

I call it more of a compulsion than an addiction, but the feeling is the same.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following User Says Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
C15H25N3O (01-23-17)
Old 01-23-17, 06:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

C15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to all

Call it what ever you want but I use to play video-games for over 30 years.
I think it is ok, if you try to play professional or if you improve some skills.
My problem is this game is so silly. I get a new life/try all 30 minutes and I
can store 5 lifes. If I had a cheat I would trick and crack the pay-for-lifes
system. I dont pay cause I am no fool, maybe some ADHD but no fool!

For better understanding a screenshot of the game:

The only thing I like about this game is too find quick solutions like a neuro-feedback.

When I ****** my lifes I cannot wait to reload 2.5h. I will start it 5-times an hour to go on.

So gimme a ******* cheat to finish this game in a day.

These games are built to **** hyperactive ADHD and make it even more hyperactive.

Sorry for this outing – i know this is the most ridiculous addiction one can have and there are still 900 levels left.

Goood thing: I hate gaming on phones and tablets.
Bad thing: I will never kick my iMac out of the window,

CBD-votary
Old 01-24-17, 04:01 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,954 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

What do you really want?

I mean, you've posted this thread and this info about the game, but I'm not sure what your goal is. Do you want to stop playing, or do you want to keep going another 900 levels? Do you really think continuing is a good thing or a bad thing?

"Brain candy" type of games like this are not evil. If you want to play it, and if you have a good happy life at the same time, then who cares? If it is messing up your life to play it, then...
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 01-24-17, 09:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I have ADHD and i am looking for satisfaction, happiness and fun while substituting important things with crap. It is like any other addiction and I realize it. It only depends on the dosage.

CBD-votary
Old 01-25-17, 06:02 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,554 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

If it truly is an addiction then the only way to get beyond it is abstinence.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 02-19-17, 05:03 PM
Banned

Postulate is an unknown quantity at this point

That's not a game, it's a puzzle or whatever...my friends and I play Dark Souls 3:

Old 07-28-17, 05:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I am still into the game and i made it to level 687 of 1500. Dang!

CBD-votary
Old 07-30-17, 05:14 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,554 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am still into the game and i made it to level 687 of 1500. Dang!
If you are addicted then abstinence is the answer.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 11-17-17, 09:23 AM

LiluLondon is on a distinguished road

I can’t tell you if you are addicted as that’s something only you can determine. There is help out there if you are.

You wouldn’t be alone xxx

Last edited by namazu; 11-17-17 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Links to other communities are not permitted. Please see ADDF guidelines.
Old 11-19-17, 03:02 PM

madmax988 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
have been there dude, still am a hopeless gaming addict. Im not sure about the game you mentioned on your post but Im mostly into racing sims and action/RPGs..the hyperfocus aspect is a godsent in the fastpaced world of gaming! My life revolved around HD gaming and the best in PC performance mods until....

flash forward today, a ridiculous success story of this slacker-nutter who turned around his fortunes and now owns a premium gaming cafe. Things just worked out and with a bit of focus and dedication I've a bright career in front of me. Im sure there's a huge warehouse full of work and jobs for gaming enthusiasts,so you just have to find a path and work on it!