ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Eating Disorders/Weight Issues/Body Image
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-17, 07:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,019 Times in 12,958 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
I need help

I keep starting new threads because somehow I feel that every new thread marks a new beginning. Somehow from now on I'll be good. My will power will work perfectly. It never does. I need something else.

I'm so ashamed. I feel pathetic. How can I be such a glutton? I have a little girl. Why isn't that enough to make me do better? Why does even knowing. That me having tons of chocs disrupts her sleep and makes her uncomfortable not cause me to stop? Isn't that terrible? And while I'm gobbling down tons of sugar ihave to fight for every morsel she eats. I wish I could make a deal with the universe. I'll halve my food intake if fuzzling doubles hers.

I found a box of Ferrero Rocher among my parents' things and I just had the entire box.

We had friends over and gave them the sweets we had at home. I still crave sugar. I search the cupboards and I can always find something. Dry fruits that I keep for fuzzling,. Jam and honey.

After the box of Ferrero Rocher i tried to sleep but I couldn't. It's almost time to pick up fuzzling from nursery but I haven't even prepared lunch for her.

Something has to make me stop and that something can't be me because I'm not capable.

What a wasted morning. Fuzzling is crying in the nursery while I'm binge eating chocs and lolling about in bed. I haven't even showered. All because I had a box of Ferrero Rocher. Oh..and because I'm a stupid pathetic idiot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-21-17), peripatetic (11-20-17), Stevuke79 (11-22-17)
Old 11-20-17, 08:15 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need help

I'm going to quit added sugar though I'm a bit confused about what that means and what I can't eat anymore. I'm so tired and dehydrated I can barely think straight. In spite of lying in bed for 2.5h now. I didn't make lunch for fuzzling. I've got food for her in the freezer but still. I hate myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-20-17), Stevuke79 (11-22-17)
Old 11-20-17, 09:46 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,464 Times in 13,374 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

You need eating disorder treatment-no matter whether you say you do or not. This is no loner within your power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I keep starting new threads because somehow I feel that every new thread marks a new beginning. Somehow from now on I'll be good. My will power will work perfectly. It never does. I need something else.

I'm so ashamed. I feel pathetic. How can I be such a glutton? I have a little girl. Why isn't that enough to make me do better? Why does even knowing. That me having tons of chocs disrupts her sleep and makes her uncomfortable not cause me to stop? Isn't that terrible? And while I'm gobbling down tons of sugar ihave to fight for every morsel she eats. I wish I could make a deal with the universe. I'll halve my food intake if fuzzling doubles hers.

I found a box of Ferrero Rocher among my parents' things and I just had the entire box.

We had friends over and gave them the sweets we had at home. I still crave sugar. I search the cupboards and I can always find something. Dry fruits that I keep for fuzzling,. Jam and honey.

After the box of Ferrero Rocher i tried to sleep but I couldn't. It's almost time to pick up fuzzling from nursery but I haven't even prepared lunch for her.

Something has to make me stop and that something can't be me because I'm not capable.

What a wasted morning. Fuzzling is crying in the nursery while I'm binge eating chocs and lolling about in bed. I haven't even showered. All because I had a box of Ferrero Rocher. Oh..and because I'm a stupid pathetic idiot

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
DJ Bill (11-20-17), Fuzzy12 (11-20-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-17, 10:06 AM

Thanked 32,182 Times in 14,533 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

fuzzy, you want to try the modified whole thirty? let's do this! no processed foods and no added sugar.

i think if you dive in and try it that will tell you if this is something you can start to get a handle on or if you do need eating disorder treatment.

are you seeing a therapist currently? this would be a good thing to start working out where your cravings are coming from and start to manage them in other ways.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-20-17), Stevuke79 (11-22-17), TygerSan (11-21-17)
Old 11-20-17, 10:43 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,717 Times in 8,868 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Quote:
I'm going to quit added sugar though I'm a bit confused about what that means and what I can't eat anymore.
What worked for me was cutting out all highly processed sugars (it's in damn near everything packaged - even f'n peanut butter, yet it's given multiple names, so one must do their research and homework to spot them).

I have a motto that I tweaked and often repeat to myself, especially while grocery shopping and eating out, that I learned from a book called "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan...."If it's man-made in a plant, DON'T eat it...if it comes from a plant in nature, eat it." Meaning I no longer eat any sugar except from whole food plant-based sources, like fresh ripe fruit, local maple syrup, dates, date syrup, etc.

Have you looked into the Overeaters Anonymous info that someone else shared in a previous thread? I've not used it myself, but have heard of others greatly benefiting from the online meetings and support.

I wouldn't have been able to make the drastic shift happen that I've managed for a few years now without the ongoing direct support of a local friend who had already been there done that in her attempts to fight (and finally win) against lyme disease symptoms via how she fueled her body (after 12 years of unsuccessful tries via every avenue of allopathioc medicine that exists).

I had also worked directly with a registered dietitian prior to working with my other friend where I had the good fortune of learning how detrimental gluten was to my well-being, and many other tips about the digestive system I never remembered being taught in school nor having the docs ever mention.

The dietitian had also steered me towards only local meats, local eggs, local dairy convincing me it was much healthier and more "humane". That was a much needed step in my realizing how miserable I was still feeling, still weighing in at 300-ish lbs., still suffering from lots of inflammation, etc. Obviously the animal products weren't the healthiest options for my particular biology, by far. Then I learned much about mucus forming foods and realized meat, dairy, and eggs were on the top of the list...no wonder I was still suffering so badly.

You need some heavy duty hard-learned direct support/experience to get you over the initial hurdles and to support you through your transitioning as your body adjusts. It's an addiction. A hardcore addiction, and you're surrounded by and live with other hardcore addicts and enablers.

The food you're so strongly drawn to is very often purposely and scientifically formulated to be addictive. I've read about scientists comparing sugar addiction to cocaine addiction in how it relates to the brain and body....not easy to just step away from...until you're left choosing bodily organs or a drastic change in consumption habits, as I experienced. Losing the body organs also means a drastic change in what one consumes, so either way, it's going to be drastic and uncomfortable.

It took a village, and then some, to help me. It had to be in person one on one and pretty intense, including trips to help me navigate the grocery aisles and translate the s*** on the labels, hours of videos watched about how things are made, hours of learning what my body can truly recognize and healthily work with, hours of preparing dishes that tasted pretty crappy in order to learn how to better tweak the flavors, hours of researching each and every ingredient I allowed into my mouth, hours of watching how all of the animals are being abused and treated like s*** simply to satiate human taste buds, etc.

Luckily, although it feels like anything but luck on some days, I'm super sensitive and becoming aware of the intense suffering of other living beings is all it took to finally seal the deal regarding my consumption habits, after my ER visit/scare, of course.

Choosing that amount of suffering on my plate each day several times a day was leading to the ongoing suffering I was living, too. It finally began to make sense to me. I was getting big doses of what I was was willingly dishing out to other living beings, although no one ever bothered to mention that as a possible connection to any of my ills.

A vicious cycle, in more ways than one. The ingredients aren't the only thing one needs to pay attention to, but also the energies attached to each. My heart had to have a serious discussion with my taste buds and digestive system, and they now work much better together.

May you find your genuinely helpful and highly skilled village while you're still able to seek them yourself, and may the decisions you make not have to come as a result of becoming mostly bed-ridden then lying on a gurney in the ER facing organ removal and such, as mine did.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-20-17)
Old 11-20-17, 12:12 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,397 Times in 11,935 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzy, you're not a "stupid pathetic idiot" you have a disorder and deserve help
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
DJ Bill (11-20-17), Fuzzy12 (11-20-17)
Old 11-20-17, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
fuzzy, you want to try the modified whole thirty? let's do this! no processed foods and no added sugar.

i think if you dive in and try it that will tell you if this is something you can start to get a handle on or if you do need eating disorder treatment.

are you seeing a therapist currently? this would be a good thing to start working out where your cravings are coming from and start to manage them in other ways.
Ok peri let's do this

Heavily modified whole 30:

No dairy and nothing with added sugar. I'm just going to see if the ingredients of afood product say sugar or one of.its forms. That should eliminate most processed foods anyway.

Also I'm not going to follow any restriction when hubsy and me go out for a meal. When I was off dairy earlier in the year for fuzzling s sake I found irinpossibkealnost to eat out.i don't want this to be too much of a pain. It should be sustainable.

So no dairy and no added sugar.

What are you doing?

Starting...now?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-20-17)
Old 11-20-17, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmanagable View Post
What worked for me was cutting out all highly processed sugars (it's in damn near everything packaged - even f'n peanut butter, yet it's given multiple names, so one must do their research and homework to spot them).

I have a motto that I tweaked and often repeat to myself, especially while grocery shopping and eating out, that I learned from a book called "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan...."If it's man-made in a plant, DON'T eat it...if it comes from a plant in nature, eat it." Meaning I no longer eat any sugar except from whole food plant-based sources, like fresh ripe fruit, local maple syrup, dates, date syrup, etc.

Have you looked into the Overeaters Anonymous info that someone else shared in a previous thread? I've not used it myself, but have heard of others greatly benefiting from the online meetings and support.

I wouldn't have been able to make the drastic shift happen that I've managed for a few years now without the ongoing direct support of a local friend who had already been there done that in her attempts to fight (and finally win) against lyme disease symptoms via how she fueled her body (after 12 years of unsuccessful tries via every avenue of allopathioc medicine that exists).

I had also worked directly with a registered dietitian prior to working with my other friend where I had the good fortune of learning how detrimental gluten was to my well-being, and many other tips about the digestive system I never remembered being taught in school nor having the docs ever mention.

The dietitian had also steered me towards only local meats, local eggs, local dairy convincing me it was much healthier and more "humane". That was a much needed step in my realizing how miserable I was still feeling, still weighing in at 300-ish lbs., still suffering from lots of inflammation, etc. Obviously the animal products weren't the healthiest options for my particular biology, by far. Then I learned much about mucus forming foods and realized meat, dairy, and eggs were on the top of the list...no wonder I was still suffering so badly.

You need some heavy duty hard-learned direct support/experience to get you over the initial hurdles and to support you through your transitioning as your body adjusts. It's an addiction. A hardcore addiction, and you're surrounded by and live with other hardcore addicts and enablers.

The food you're so strongly drawn to is very often purposely and scientifically formulated to be addictive. I've read about scientists comparing sugar addiction to cocaine addiction in how it relates to the brain and body....not easy to just step away from...until you're left choosing bodily organs or a drastic change in consumption habits, as I experienced. Losing the body organs also means a drastic change in what one consumes, so either way, it's going to be drastic and uncomfortable.

It took a village, and then some, to help me. It had to be in person one on one and pretty intense, including trips to help me navigate the grocery aisles and translate the s*** on the labels, hours of videos watched about how things are made, hours of learning what my body can truly recognize and healthily work with, hours of preparing dishes that tasted pretty crappy in order to learn how to better tweak the flavors, hours of researching each and every ingredient I allowed into my mouth, hours of watching how all of the animals are being abused and treated like s*** simply to satiate human taste buds, etc.

Luckily, although it feels like anything but luck on some days, I'm super sensitive and becoming aware of the intense suffering of other living beings is all it took to finally seal the deal regarding my consumption habits, after my ER visit/scare, of course.

Choosing that amount of suffering on my plate each day several times a day was leading to the ongoing suffering I was living, too. It finally began to make sense to me. I was getting big doses of what I was was willingly dishing out to other living beings, although no one ever bothered to mention that as a possible connection to any of my ills.

A vicious cycle, in more ways than one. The ingredients aren't the only thing one needs to pay attention to, but also the energies attached to each. My heart had to have a serious discussion with my taste buds and digestive system, and they now work much better together.

May you find your genuinely helpful and highly skilled village while you're still able to seek them yourself, and may the decisions you make not have to come as a result of becoming mostly bed-ridden then lying on a gurney in the ER facing organ removal and such, as mine did.
Meal prep is the problem. I don't have much time and once I go back to work ill have even less time..
Old 11-20-17, 12:42 PM

peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok peri let's do this

Heavily modified whole 30:

No dairy and nothing with added sugar. I'm just going to see if the ingredients of afood product say sugar or one of.its forms. That should eliminate most processed foods anyway.

Also I'm not going to follow any restriction when hubsy and me go out for a meal. When I was off dairy earlier in the year for fuzzling s sake I found irinpossibkealnost to eat out.i don't want this to be too much of a pain. It should be sustainable.

So no dairy and no added sugar.

What are you doing?

Starting...now?
sounds good i'll do no additives, no sugar, no dairy except yoghurt, and no legumes/grains/soy.

starting... now!

day 1
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-20-17)
Old 11-21-17, 11:19 AM

Peri I'm so sorry. I've already failed. In my defence I'm pretty ill with a bad case of the flu and just wanted to quickly gobble down something with my paracetamol. So had cereals. With almond milk but it has added sugar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-21-17), peripatetic (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 11:34 AM

Just get back on that horse! You haven't failed; you stumbled
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 05:13 PM

Thanked 19,578 Times in 10,418 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Get back on!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 07:07 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Quote:
Peri I'm so sorry. I've already failed. In my defence I'm pretty ill with a bad case of the flu and just wanted to quickly gobble down something with my paracetamol. So had cereals. With almond milk but it has added sugar.
I love that Almond milk.......on oatmeal with a lil sugar or chocolate milk mix on top.

Hey Fuzzy - You have the Flu! Don't try and be superhuman while you are sick. Take care of yourself, get as much rest as Fuzzling will allow, and when you get better you can start to really work on the sugar addiction.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Bill For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-23-17), Fuzzy12 (11-22-17)
Old 11-21-17, 07:11 PM

Thanked 5,818 Times in 2,825 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fuzzy, just know that you're not alone. We all have our addictive traits. It's part of being human.

However, if any of them are causing you problems, then you can't just quit cold. You need to gradually reduce them and perhaps replace them with something healthier.

Have you ever considered addiction replacement therapy? It helps to train your brain to change from a bad obsession to a healthy obsession. Obsessive brains will always be obsessive, but it can work to your advantage with the right kind of therapy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-23-17), Fuzzy12 (11-22-17)
Old 11-22-17, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bill View Post
I love that Almond milk.......on oatmeal with a lil sugar or chocolate milk mix on top.

Hey Fuzzy - You have the Flu! Don't try and be superhuman while you are sick. Take care of yourself, get as much rest as Fuzzling will allow, and when you get better you can start to really work on the sugar addiction.
Thanks Bill.
I think I have to put it on hold till I feel better again. We ordered pizza yesterday. Hubby differ to cook but I needed to him to take care of fuzzling because I couldn't even stand up...

Funnily enough my appetite is gone too so at least I'm not hogging sugar or cheese anyway.

Also good to see you. It's been s while. Hope you've been good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-23-17)