ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Homework & School
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Homework & School This forum is for teens with AD/HD talk about homework and other school related issues.

Old 06-14-11, 03:32 AM

taylorb is on a distinguished road
New school for son with a 504 plan option

Well I havent posted in awhile. My son is at a private highschool right now and doing fairly well. He is on meds but is not scoring really high grades but passing. He has made some friends but I think that the school is really expensive and I probably need to be saving some money for him for when he graduates. In the district we live in now there is an excellent highschool that can probably give him a 504 plan. Not sure if this is a good reason to transfer? The school is much larger and has many more things to offer. The student body is very big at the new school 2000 compared to 500. Not sure what to do????????
Old 06-14-11, 10:20 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New school for son with a 504 plan option

Have you asked your son?
Old 06-22-11, 03:04 AM

taylorb is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: New school for son with a 504 plan option

Yes I have asked him and honestly he really does not understand the reasons some of them financial because the school he is currently in is very expensive. The one in our neighborhood now is free and has many more options plus better teachers etc.... He does have friends at the old school but I think he really needs these things the larger school can offer.

I guess I am just out here trying to talk to other people with similar problems to mine. It is very hard to speak to my friends and family because they dont understand, and I dont want them treating him differently. I sure I will be posting with more questions and looking for support. I am really feeling positive about the change it has been going ok so far.
Sponsored Links