ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sensory
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-17, 10:22 PM

ADanne is on a distinguished road
Re: Sensitive to light...Really sensitive

I have this exact problem. I live in the dark and prefer it that way. Like you my family members always argue with me and turn lights on, complaining that they can't see. I feel I squint whenever I'm outside during the day, not to mention my eyeballs often burn on sunny days, leaving them bloodshot. Not fun. I have no idea why it happens.
Old 10-22-17, 08:05 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,082 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I have major light sensitivity due to an autoimmune disease and having blue eyes, By accident I discovered that rose tinted glasses save me. I had some goofy pharmacy sunglasses that were rose tinted and went into my eye doctor. I wear nightvison glasses and she agreed that the pinkish tint was good for the halo vision and bright lights, fluroescent lights. I have a pair that are tinted a deeper pink for bright sun. It was the best thing I accidentally discovered. Plus, you get to look like a rock star wearing tinted glasses inside sometimes. I did get a specific note to keep in my car from my eye doctor in case I get pulled over so cops wont think something fishy is up with this girl wearing shades at night.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fortune (10-23-17), Lunacie (10-22-17)
Old 10-22-17, 08:10 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,100 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, I always thought it was just me. I used to hate those fluorescent lights that I had to endure throughout my school years. I often wonder whether I would have focused better if it wasn't for those headache inducing lights.
People think i'm strange because I keep all of my blinds down on a sunny day. They must think i'm a vampire or something.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-22-17), Lunacie (10-22-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-17, 08:31 AM

Thanked 22,362 Times in 12,041 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Heh, I always thought it was just me. I used to hate those fluorescent lights that I had to endure throughout my school years. I often wonder whether I would have focused better if it wasn't for those headache inducing lights.
People think i'm strange because I keep all of my blinds down on a sunny day. They must think i'm a vampire or something.
AND those lights emit that buzz

Blinds closed, curtains shut and only lamps as needed, low wattage of course. My car windows are black. The sun is too intense here, yet I love the views it produces.

No matter how good I get prescription sunglasses they never produce enough clarity to see properly from them.

I love all day thick dark cloudy wet days. Scotland! I'd love it.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (10-22-17)
Old 10-22-17, 08:40 AM

Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
AND those lights emit that buzz

Blinds closed, curtains shut and only lamps as needed, low wattage of course. My car windows are black. The sun is too intense here, yet I love the views it produces.

No matter how good I get prescription sunglasses they never produce enough clarity to see properly from them.

I love all day thick dark cloudy wet days. Scotland! I'd love it.
Well, that's usually the case. Although we've had some really strange whether these past few years. It's October and i'm sweating my @$$ off. Even when it's cloudy, it's stuffy and the air feels thin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-22-17)
Old 10-22-17, 09:39 AM

Whether! Damn you auto correct!..... Yes, it was auto correct....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-22-17), stef (10-22-17)
Old 10-22-17, 10:06 AM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

certain medications make me very photosensitive and i'm unable to sleep with sunlight in my presence, but i don't think i'm super unusual in that sense. when i was growing up, simply turning on my bedroom light woke me and i couldn't go back to sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (10-22-17)
Old 10-23-17, 01:05 PM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,204 Times in 9,399 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I have major light sensitivity due to an autoimmune disease and having blue eyes, By accident I discovered that rose tinted glasses save me. I had some goofy pharmacy sunglasses that were rose tinted and went into my eye doctor. I wear nightvison glasses and she agreed that the pinkish tint was good for the halo vision and bright lights, fluroescent lights. I have a pair that are tinted a deeper pink for bright sun. It was the best thing I accidentally discovered. Plus, you get to look like a rock star wearing tinted glasses inside sometimes. I did get a specific note to keep in my car from my eye doctor in case I get pulled over so cops wont think something fishy is up with this girl wearing shades at night.
I also have light sensitivity (photophobia in my case although it's not a phobia, it's a sensitivity to bright light) and blue eyes (which makes it worse), and have found that rose tinted glasses help a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
aeon (10-23-17)