ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-19, 08:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Emotional dysregulation - the cascade of frustrated screw-ups

It's just little things with little consequences but i think it's these little daily annoyances that I deal with so badly that ultimate ruin too many of my days and through stress and bad coping mechanisms ruin my health too.

It started with fuzzling taking forever to go to bed, which is my daily source of number one frustration. But today I really wanted her to go to bed early so that she will get up on time tomorrow and be in a good mood for her first day of nursery after the long break. So that didn't happen. Because of my frustration I drank a can of coke and ate a ton of chocolate. Now I'm wide awake abd can't go to bed early myself though I need to get up really early for my first day back at work. There's other stuff as well but blah blah and so on. Besides I didn't do any prep for tomorrow so I'll have to get up super early to do that tomorrow morning.

I'm still frustrated. Now not just about the stuff that went wrong but also because I again stuffed myself with chocolate and other crap.and I'm frustrated with because it's all such seriously trivial crap. It's so trivial that I'm actually ashamed to write about it but I'm curious if anyone can relate especially these over reactions to little sources of frustration.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Daniel1970 (01-08-19), daveddd (01-07-19), Drogheda98 (01-13-19), Little Missy (01-07-19), mildadhd (01-08-19), namazu (01-07-19), tudorose (01-09-19)
Old 01-07-19, 08:17 PM

Thanked 11,398 Times in 5,569 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Emotional dysregulation - the cascade of frustrated screw-ups

sure, I can relate

but don't be ashamed to write and vent and talk about it, lot of people here that will listen
Fuzzy12 (01-08-19), namazu (01-07-19), Rebelyell (01-07-19)
Old 01-08-19, 12:33 AM
ADDvanced Member

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
It's just little things with little consequences but i think it's these little daily annoyances that I deal with so badly that ultimate ruin too many of my days and through stress and bad coping mechanisms ruin my health too.

It started with fuzzling taking forever to go to bed, which is my daily source of number one frustration. But today I really wanted her to go to bed early so that she will get up on time tomorrow and be in a good mood for her first day of nursery after the long break. So that didn't happen. Because of my frustration I drank a can of coke and ate a ton of chocolate. Now I'm wide awake abd can't go to bed early myself though I need to get up really early for my first day back at work. There's other stuff as well but blah blah and so on. Besides I didn't do any prep for tomorrow so I'll have to get up super early to do that tomorrow morning.

I'm still frustrated. Now not just about the stuff that went wrong but also because I again stuffed myself with chocolate and other crap.and I'm frustrated with because it's all such seriously trivial crap. It's so trivial that I'm actually ashamed to write about it but I'm curious if anyone can relate especially these over reactions to little sources of frustration.
Oh absolutely, sometimes it's the little **** that bugs me the most.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel1970 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (01-08-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-19, 02:35 AM

Thanked 1,275 Times in 963 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

Sometimes I laugh so hard, I can't breath.

M
Fuzzy12 (01-08-19)
Old 01-08-19, 05:09 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

The cascade is continuing. I'm so tired and still annoyed because of yesterday that I couldn't get up today morning and now I'm going to be super late for work.
Old 01-08-19, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildadhd View Post
Sometimes I laugh so hard, I can't breath.

M
Me too though I don't remember the last time I laughed like that

Sometimes also I cry so hard that I struggle to breathe.
Old 01-13-19, 07:52 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Do not give into shame fuzzy, its serves no purpose and is like poison for your soul.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (01-13-19)
Old 01-13-19, 01:32 PM

Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,063 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Is emotional dysregulation when one has low frustration tolerances and ya run out of patience and like slam n break throw something or go kick something?
Old 01-13-19, 01:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post

I think the term is death by a thousand cuts (just the name, not litterly).

first thing I think you should know is your not alone, because it's such a popular phrase, means it's a real thing, all those little things that add up. usually it's the small stuff that easily flied below the radar.

if you can visualize, one thing I do to help is visualize my, ehh, happy place. that is, I think different for everyone.

another is a trick I learned, a positive trigger. think about something great that happened in your life when you felt like a whollip of positive emotion. really visualize it to the point where you can feel the positive emotion. what hapened, what where you thinking, the circumstances to cause the positive emotion.

when you get the emotion and the visualization choose one spot on your body to pinch (not hard). do that again and again.

that will give you a positive trigger point to pinch on your body whenever you feel overwhelmed. that combined with the happy place visualization works wonders for me.

that and do some mirror work if possible, self reflection. like "you can do it" where you = self. of course you can do it is just a broad statement. I usually hold up my hand with new self reflections.

also, work on one cut at a time. have a problem with chocolate, don't buy any and don't have any in the house. have a problem buying chocolate at the store, purposefully go to the store several times with the soul thought of "I'm going to buy something besides chocolate".
Old 01-13-19, 01:51 PM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about

also sara is correct. shame and regret are poison to the soul.

I think that is a product of society, everyone else feels regretfull so then we should to right?

nada. shame and regret are a negative energy loop. their is a reason that those that are shamefull and regretfull are almost always negative people. it takes a while to get out of that loop, just keep reminding yourself that it is and continue to look forward for solutions, one step at a time.