ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-19, 12:21 PM

VV4838 is on a distinguished road
Pharmacy gave me Focalin in error not dex. I compulsively abused it.

First time posting. Ive been on 20-40 mg dex IR for over 1 year now. I typically have trouble making my script last 30 days & often go without that last week. But that's another issue. Here's my problem.

Pharmacy have me 40 mg Focalin IR instead of 40mg Dex IR. I questioned that the pills were different looking & they said it was a different brand. Ok by me. So I took my dose & they seemed to hit me hit me especially hard, but Ibfiguref itbwad because of the different brand. Similar boost in mood, motivation etc but when it wore off I'd redose beyond the prescribed amount for the day, much moreso than usual. I insufflated them. It hit me like it was cocaine. Made me manic. I was in a haze for 4 days. My judgment was way way off. The pharmacy called on day 2 & said they gave me Focalin in error, but it was a similar med. Ok. So I figured if its similar then I'll just keep it. No prob. I continued on my merry way all weekend. Cleaning, shopping & feeling very "up". But more intense. As soon as I felt a slight dip in my good mood I would compulsively redose. Then I went grocery shopping in my manic state & I got stopped for shoplifting because I had mistakenly had items under my coat & they said it was considered concealment. I've never been in trouble with the law and was mortified. The cops came but didnt arrest me, saying I'd receive a Municipal court summons. I went home mortified. Then on the 4th day pharmacy calls & asks me if I can return the erroneous meds. Egads! I've been blowing thru them. I brought whatever was left back to the pharmacy & confessed that I had a profound compulsive reaction to the Focalin. They called my dr who was very concerned about my cardiac health etc from taking high doses & made me get an EKG. Which was normal. Holy ****show Batman!!

My psychiatrist put me on a weekly pick up schedule at pharmacy for the remainder of the month. I meet with her in a few days & gotta explain my troublesome behavior. I also gotta get her to draft a letter for court which may serve as a defense as per my new $1500 lawyer.

Im hoping she'll continue my 40mg dex IR. But who the hell knows. Talk about a giant red flag.

Any words of reassurance would be most appreciated. I know I screwed up & got caught. But it'll teach me one hell of a lesson about not exceeding my daily dose. Pray for me😩😩😩