ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-19, 10:09 PM

ADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Greetings! I come in peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
What's tos?

The other Startrek?
Lunacie got it right! The Original Series

; )
Old 03-27-19, 10:17 PM

ADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I was in high school when The Original Star Trek began. I loved it. Even though
we didn't have color tv at our house and Spock had green-skin the first year.

The Trouble With Tribbles was my favorite episode too ... so I loved it when
that was part of the story line in the remake with Chris Pine as Captain Kirk.

My daughter loved Next Generation best ... that's the one she grew up with.
I know women fantasized about Picard, but I just couldn't fancy him. And I
hated his Number One. I did like the empathic/telepathic woman though.
I loved the tribbles! LOL to Spock's green skin - I wonder if they wrote in Vulcans having green blood before or after they did his makeup? It freaked people out so they toned it down, that's for sure.

I wasn't into Picard - good captain, but not my type I guess. Riker annoyed TF out of me at first, too... then he sort of grew on me. I will say, Jason Frakes (the actor who plays Riker) is a crazy dude! He is all over the place at conventions - popping up in the audience during his own panels and such.

Councelor Troi is my spirit animal - ADHD + telepathy... so not really my spirit animal, but you get it haha! I like her <3
Daniel1970 (03-29-19), Lunacie (03-28-19)
Old 03-28-19, 12:26 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,044 Times in 12,622 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD_Trekkie View Post
I loved the tribbles! LOL to Spock's green skin - I wonder if they wrote in Vulcans having green blood before or after they did his makeup? It freaked people out so they toned it down, that's for sure.

I wasn't into Picard - good captain, but not my type I guess. Riker annoyed TF out of me at first, too... then he sort of grew on me. I will say, Jason Frakes (the actor who plays Riker) is a crazy dude! He is all over the place at conventions - popping up in the audience during his own panels and such.

Councelor Troi is my spirit animal - ADHD + telepathy... so not really my spirit animal, but you get it haha! I like her <3
I helped run a couple of conventions back in the day, small mid-west cons.
No big name guests really. I think helping run them kept my mind occupied
so I didn't notice how many people were there. I simply could not deal with
the large number of people at the big cons. We just visited near San Diego
and I do wish ComicCon had been going on, just so I could sit in the parking
lot or lobby and watch all the costumes.

Totally get it about Troi being your spirit animal, feeling a bond with her.
Except she had feelings for Riker that i could not fathom.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you found us and find it just as interesting chatting about
adhd as about Star Trek. Am I the only one who loved the remakes with Chris
Pine and Zach Quinto?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-28-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-19, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Anyhoo, I'm glad you found us and find it just as interesting chatting about
adhd as about Star Trek. Am I the only one who loved the remakes with Chris
Pine and Zach Quinto?
Definitely not the only one! I loved them, too!
Lunacie (03-28-19)
Old 03-29-19, 10:46 AM
Contributor

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD_Trekkie View Post
Thanks for the validation and encouragement! I will, indeed, try and learn ; )

Now, to the truly important question... I'm a sucker for TOS. I have watched all Trek series except the animated series (so far, but I'll get to it, too) and I just can't help but admire the historical significance of TOS. It was undeniably groundbreaking. Gene Roddenberry was far from perfect, but he was a Also, Bones is my all-time favorite character. However, Janeway is my favorite Captian because she is a badass babe who handles everything that is thrown at her with grace, grit, tenacity, and compassion. Voyager is definitely not the best series, but it isn't as bad as Enterprise LOL!

The TOS movies in the 80s... that's a tough call between ST II: The Wrath of Khan and ST III: The Search for Spock. They go together so well, so it's hard to decide.

What about you?! I could talk Trek for hours lol!
Yes, I really liked Janeway. And of course Seven of Nine was super-sexy. Have you watched the new series? I hear it's really good, I just haven't had time to watch it.

I think it's pretty much a consensus the ST II: The Wrath of Khan is the best of the TOS movies, but I really liked all of them, even the silly one with the whales. For some reason the only things I remember from that one is the part where Spock Vulcan nerve-pinches the guy with the really big boom box on the bus, and that the female lead didn't have a bra on. Ok, I was like 14 when that movie came out!

There's a funny video series on YouTube titled Aliens too Stupid to Live or something like that, where it goes into the enemy alien civilizations in sci-fi movies and TV shows that are actually too stupid to have survived long enough to threaten humanity. There's a really LONG one on the Borg! Check it out.

Gotta get back to work,
Daniel

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
Old 03-29-19, 04:06 PM

Talking Re: Greetings! I come in peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel1970 View Post
Yes, I really liked Janeway. And of course Seven of Nine was super-sexy. Have you watched the new series? I hear it's really good, I just haven't had time to watch it.

I think it's pretty much a consensus the ST II: The Wrath of Khan is the best of the TOS movies, but I really liked all of them, even the silly one with the whales. For some reason the only things I remember from that one is the part where Spock Vulcan nerve-pinches the guy with the really big boom box on the bus, and that the female lead didn't have a bra on. Ok, I was like 14 when that movie came out!

There's a funny video series on YouTube titled Aliens too Stupid to Live or something like that, where it goes into the enemy alien civilizations in sci-fi movies and TV shows that are actually too stupid to have survived long enough to threaten humanity. There's a really LONG one on the Borg! Check it out.

Gotta get back to work,
Daniel
Yes! I have watched ST Discovery up to episode 5 of season 2. I think there are 3 or 4 more episodes out, but I haven't gotten to them. I LOVE it! They definitely changed the formula up a bit and gave us an overarching storyline instead of keeping it so episodic. It is super fast moving, though! I love the lead character sooooo much!

A lot of Trekkies were ******** about the things Discovery did that broke with canon, but I just trusted that the writers working on this show are knowledgable Trekkies and they won't let us down. In my opinion, they haven't! Also, TOS broke canon with ITSELF - Klingons - enough said.

LOL to the boombox pinch and no bra

Thanks for the youtube recommendation! I will totally find the one about the Borg!

My fav ST enemy is Q, by far. Such a snarky *******, but he had some great episodes.

Seriously, I could talk Trek forever! Don't feel obligated to keep replying unless you want to LOL! I won't stop/can't stop ; )
Daniel1970 (03-29-19)
Old 03-29-19, 04:41 PM
Contributor

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold

The good thing about Q, as opposed to the Borg, is he truly was an invulnerable adversary. You had to really out-think him, or all of humanity would never exist, or some such outcome. He knew he was on another level, but appreciated the human intellect, so he would give you a chance to prove yourself intellectually. Or, you know, die.

The best TOS episodes were where Kirk, Spock, Bones, etc. would think their ways out of completely hopeless situations. Greek gods, being stranded without any gear on a planet with that super-strong lizard dude (Kirk totally Macgyver-ed his way out of that one!), and various ancient alien thingamabobs in space that they would run into that were impossible to get out of until the very last try. I loved how TOS gave you the sense that they were really reaching out into a vast and very inhospitable and ancient galaxy.

And, of course, the mini-skirts. The TOS Enterprise was a lot like living on a college campus in Florida. LOL

Daniel

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel1970 For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-30-19)
Old 03-29-19, 05:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,132 Times in 681 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

we all come in peace
ADHD_Trekkie (03-30-19), aeon (03-30-19), Little Missy (03-29-19), namazu (03-29-19)