ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-19, 12:01 PM
Contributor

mrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the rough
'Squirrel!' or Times you didn't think or notice something.

One night I was dreaming I was with a group of people and a girl was talking to me
but I couldn't make out what she was saying. The words gradually became clearer until
I could make out " Low battery...beep...low battery...beep...low battery..".
I thought "why the heck is she saying that?" then I realized it was my smoke detector!

I got up, went to my computer room and got my office chair. I pushed it
under the smoke detector at the top of the stairs and stood on it to unhook it and take the battery out.
Let me tell you it's not easy to balance on a swivel chair with your arms in the air.

A few days later I've got a new battery and I hop on the swivel chair and
do a 5 minute version of the Twist while I try to reinstall it. They pack the
wires so tight it's hard to get it closed. I did a few full rotations and had to
grab the stair banister a couple of times to keep from falling.

Anyway, to get to my point. A few weeks later I'm in my computer room,
bored and wondering what I could do. I decide to do some spins in my
swivel chair. After a few spins I notice something out of the corner of my
eye. I come to a full stop and quickly pivot back 90 degrees. I'm staring at
the wall completely dumbfounded. There leaning against the wall is an
inanimate, utilitarian, state of the art, technological wonder called an
EXTENDABLE STEP LADDER!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It had been there for over 2 years when I had to set traps in my attic to catch some squirrels (but that's another story).

Okay, maybe that was kind of a bland story but I tried to make it interesting. :0)
What's your story?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrzyphl For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-17-19), namazu (08-17-19), Ronelh (08-17-19), SashaBV (08-19-19), stef (08-17-19)
Old 08-17-19, 01:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation
Re: 'Squirrel!' or Times you didn't think or notice something.

My biggest "not notice" experience is from a summer about nine years ago, when I was taking an intense series of summer university courses. I was living in an older woman's home for the summer, and every day I walked through her garage twice a day as I went to and from class.

One evening after I'd been there about a month, she mentioned something about how glad she was that she had such a nice ride-on lawnmower. I said, "Oh, that's great, I didn't know that. Where do you store it?"

She replied, "Um, in the garage. You've been walking right past it twice a day for the past month."

I had to go and check at my next opportunity, and sure enough, there it was. I'd been passing like inches from that thing every day and hadn't even noticed what kind of machine it was.
Lunacie (08-17-19), mrzyphl (08-17-19), namazu (08-17-19), stef (08-17-19)
Old 08-17-19, 07:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally. Hubby always complains that I don't notice things right in front of me. Once when I was away for a couple of weeks he changed the kitchen table, the stove and the kitchen door and was super disappointed when I didjt notice anything when I returned.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-17-19), mrzyphl (08-17-19), namazu (08-17-19), stef (08-18-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-19, 03:31 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,483 Times in 13,303 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I have longed for one of those galaxy note phones with the stylus, since they came out.

i've had my LG phone for almost two years, and i just noticed that you can actually write on the screen in the little "quicknote" feature. i always have a few index cards and a pen in my purse but this is sooo much faster! and i will remember more easily bc it's written and not typed.

also my son did all of the dishes the other day and i didnt even notice when i went to make dinner.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
mrzyphl (08-18-19)
Old 08-18-19, 07:28 AM
Contributor

mrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the rough

I bought my first cellphone a year ago. I got tired of people looking at me like I'm from another planet when I say I don't have one.
I've only used it 4 or 5 times since I got it. I have no idea of what features my phone has but that writing thing sounds cool.
Old 08-19-19, 01:55 AM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I made the transition to a cell phone fairly easily long ago even though I'm kind of a dinosaur. But the smart phone? Man, that was hard! I actually kind of believed that it would contain some intelligence, but it sure don't show any. So I started calling it "dumb phone" since even the place that sold it to me couldn't help me much. But I may have just gotten a bad phone...period.
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
mrzyphl (08-19-19)