ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-18, 03:12 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
What do you do when you want to give up...but can't?

/sigh

I keep typing...then I keep deleting it.

I'm stuck guys.
I don't know what to do.

I want to hunker down and not deal with anyone or life right now.
Only I can't. For the first time in my life I don't have my parents to help me out in life. I relied on them HEAVILY too...so now that they've been ripped from my life, I feel freaking lost.

I can't drive my car. Expired license/tags which I can't afford, a flat tire I can't afford to fix, and one of the headlights is now broken which I can't afford to fix.
It's driving me nuts...and I don't have friends or family to call when I want to go out.

I'm freaking broke as heck. My parents helped a ton...I lived pretty dang well these past 10+ years even though I'm on social security disability...and it's because my parents where there helping with stuff. They were always feeding me, and if I had an unexpected expense come up...they were always there to help me pay for it. Sometimes my mom would randomly deposit $25-$50 into my checking account for me...without even telling me. lol the thought of it almost has me in tears right now. God I miss my mom.
After food and bills...I'm just barely getting by. I use to have spending cash. Not anymore. Not right now. And it sucks. Last month I was down to $0.02 in my checking account. Right now I'm down to $0.57.
I mean, I've of course been tight for money before in life...but it's scary not having someone in my life that can back me up now. My parents are gone. Damn.

And I don't even want to talk about food. At this time in my life I shop for whatever's the cheapest thing that fills me up. I'm not so concerned about what it tastes like, the quality of it, or certainly not the nutrition.
I'm getting damned sick of cheap mac'n'cheese. After 4 or 5 days of it, just the thought of it starts making me feel sick. And yet I still eat it. It's VERY cheap and VERY filling. 2 boxes cast me about $1.60 and will fill me for an entire day.
I'm trying not to think about the fact that this will be my main source of food for the foreseeable future.

I don't have any friends. It's my fault of course...and I do have guys I could hang out with and become much better friends with if I wanted. But I just don't really want to right now. I want to be alone. I want to break away from everyone.

I don't have any family I can rely on. My dad's still alive as far as I know...but meh.

I do have a group I go to 3 times a week...and there's a whole team of people working with me with that group. They've become my source of transportation. They drive me back and forth to group, and they drive me to the store and such.
But dang. I'm just about over the group. I don't like either of the 2 main people who run the group and they keep adding in new members I'd rather avoid...including current drug users.
I'd like to quit the group.
But then I'm REALLY screwed. What would I do for ride then? I mean...I have a sleep study and appointment with my pill doc next week...both in a town 30 miles away, and I sure can't drive my car there. I guess if push came to shove I'd have to call my old friends and ask them if they could give me a ride...but damn, I'd HATE to become that guy. The guy who only wants to hang out and call them because I need them. Screw that .
I rely on this dang group.

I just wish I could give up. Not die...but to just hide away from everything for awhile.
I'm feeling rather overwhelmed and I'm having a hard time getting by.
I feel stupid and weak and bad for it.
Dang it. I'm broken and I don't know how to fix it.

I don't know what to do.

I'm hoping I can get put back on add meds and get some help with my sleep...and maybe things will stop being so hard.
But I'm not so sure anymore.

These ups and downs keep hitting me hard.

I don't know anymore.

/sigh

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
br3akingchains (10-25-18), Lunacie (08-25-19), namazu (03-27-18)
Old 03-27-18, 04:22 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,107 Times in 15,356 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you do when you want to give up...but can't?

Oh psycho. (((HUGS))). Can you get on welfare and food stamps?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-25-19), psychopathetic (03-27-18)
Old 03-27-18, 04:33 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Oh psycho. (((HUGS))). Can you get on welfare and food stamps?
I need my social security card to be approved for food stamps...and my dad took it when he moved and has no idea where it's at.
I think it only costs $20 to get a new one...but even just $20 is a ton of money for me right now.
And because of all the other help I get (disability, low income housing, medicare & medicaid...etc) I'd only qualify for about $12 in food stamps a month. I'm not trying to complain, I mean...that's a lot for me...but meh.

My town also has a food bank. I used it last month and am trying not to have to use it this month. It was nice, but as I'm single...it wasn't a lot. It was 3-5 days worth of meals...and you can only use the bank once a month.
Again, I'm not trying to come across as complaining...those 3-5 days really help...but it is what it is.
Plus I feel so guilty using the bank.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-18, 08:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I need my social security card to be approved for food stamps...and my dad took it when he moved and has no idea where it's at.
I think it only costs $20 to get a new one...but even just $20 is a ton of money for me right now.
And because of all the other help I get (disability, low income housing, medicare & medicaid...etc) I'd only qualify for about $12 in food stamps a month. I'm not trying to complain, I mean...that's a lot for me...but meh.

My town also has a food bank. I used it last month and am trying not to have to use it this month. It was nice, but as I'm single...it wasn't a lot. It was 3-5 days worth of meals...and you can only use the bank once a month.
Again, I'm not trying to come across as complaining...those 3-5 days really help...but it is what it is.
Plus I feel so guilty using the bank.
Quote:
You can get an original Social Security card or a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/3401...ty-number-card
Quote:
US Social Security Administration
Cheyenne, WY
(800) 772-1213
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
WEBSITE
DIRECTIONS
Sheridan, WY
(800) 772-1213
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
WEBSITE
DIRECTIONS
Social Security Administration
Rock Springs, WY
(800) 772-1213
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
WEBSITE
DIRECTIONS
Casper, WY
(800) 772-1213
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
WEBSITE
DIRECTIONS
Social Security Office
Riverton, WY
(800) 772-1213
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Fri
WEBSITE
DIRECTIONS
Cody, WY
(800) 772-1213
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM
I Hope i have your state right. IME going to the office was more direct than by computer but then again this was years ago. I wanted to help you get this sorted out. xxxooo

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-25-19)
Old 03-29-18, 05:58 AM

Thanks a lot Sweets. You've put so much effort into your replies to me...often times taking your time to do some research on things for me. Gah...it's appreciated. <3

(((((((Sweets)))))))

I could've swore I saw a poster at my local social security place saying replacement cards were $20. I wonder if it's changed?
At any rate...thanks so much! I like that I'm able to apply directly online too. My social security place is in a town 30 miles away...and it's hard getting rides as is!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (03-29-18)
Old 03-29-18, 06:22 AM

A couple of things.

I took my car out today to go pick up a pizza. Yes I know. I can't afford it, and my car shouldn't be out. The spare tire I've got on it is bound to blow eventually, and I've already been pulled over, given tickets and been to court twice now because of the expired tags/license...
And it's really stupid to be spending $10 on pizza at this time in my life...
But damn it. I REALLY wanted that pizza. I get quite impulsive when I'm really hungry...

Anyhow, I was driving and it dawned on me. Part of my problem is...I lost a sense of security I've always had in my life.
I was always able to fall back on my mom. She always had my back. After a really long hard day, I could take comfort and give a sigh of relief knowing my mom was there to help me, to fight for me, to comfort me. She had a way of making life feel stable when things would fall apart.
I'd often be going through a really rough time, dealing with rough things...and then I'd start crashing...and eventually I'd be sitting with my mom, and I'd just release it all. Tell her everything. Just let it out. Even when it was things I'd done wrong.
She wasn't always happy about what I had to say...and I sometimes felt bad for her for putting so much of my burden on her...
But damn it. She was amazing! She was my rock! She'd immediately do what she needed to do to help me...she'd be on the phone making appointments for me, or explaining things (or even making excuses!) for to people, or helping me pay for things, or filling out paperwork and getting things turned in.

She died...and with her death, that sense of security and back up died.
I've never in my life been in a spot where I had no one I could really rely on. It can be argued that I had/have my dad...but he only helped with money (which he's no longer able to do as he's become unemployed)...and he's NEVER been able to be mentally supportive of me. I was always terrified of saying something too personal to him because I knew that eventually he'd somehow find a way to use it to hurt me or embarrass me.

I have no one to lean on like I had in life anymore.
I'm all alone out here.
And though it has been a year...I'm still lost. I've made very little progress in growing self dependent in this last year since my mom's passing.

I miss that sense of security.
I haven't felt secure in life at all this last year. I don't know how I can. I feel so alone and no one's there to hold my hand to and help guide me and pick me up. Everyone in my life seems to expect me to just pick myself up, go out and do all these amazing things (they're really pushing me to do things like go volunteer and stuff) and to continue to be happy. But dang! I'm too scared to move! I've never been so close to homelessness before, I've never been in a position where I have to get rides from people outside my parents, I've never been so stupidly strapped for money.
I don't want to make big moves in life! Too many things can go wrong...and this time when something goes wrong, I don't have my security...my mommy...there to help me.

/cry

I miss being able to sigh in relief knowing I had my mom there.

The 2 main people running my group keep making comments and saying things that are fancy ways of telling me I need to stop feeling so sorry for myself.

**** them. They can kiss my ***. I'm just about sick of them. I can't believe I have to rely so heavily on them right now :*( .

I'm a mess.
I wish I wasn't so afraid of death.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 03-29-18, 07:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Psycho- did you read what I wrote above?Im sure it will take a some effort but it will be worth it.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-29-18)
Old 03-29-18, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Psycho- did you read what I wrote above?Im sure it will take a some effort but it will be worth it.
I did, and I really do appreciate you. You've always given me thoughtful replies over the years.
Now I'll get my social security card so I can turn in my paperwork for food stamps. It'll only be $12 a month, but...hey...that's 3 or 4 gallons of milk, which is actually a lot!

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sweets. You've put so much effort into your replies to me...often times taking your time to do some research on things for me. Gah...it's appreciated. <3

(((((((Sweets)))))))

I could've swore I saw a poster at my local social security place saying replacement cards were $20. I wonder if it's changed?
At any rate...thanks so much! I like that I'm able to apply directly online too. My social security place is in a town 30 miles away...and it's hard getting rides as is!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 03-29-18, 09:54 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,356 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Hi Psych, There is no way I can offer a concrete specific guidance on how to address your issues. It is simply beyond my abilities/experience and is too complicated for me to understand/appreciate from "this distance". All I got is I think you need a capable, competent, experienced person that will put in their time/effort to help you sort this out, develop a path forward, and help you to start on that path. I know your parents aren't available. I am thinking priest, rabbi, minister as a starting point. If this isn't an option ATM, maybe it is time to make it an option. Start by picking a church or temple and walk in...

Really wish I could be more helpful. Best Wishes, -Tom
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-26-19), br3akingchains (10-25-18), psychopathetic (03-29-18)
Old 03-29-18, 10:37 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,838 Times in 14,100 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

All I can offer you at the moment psycho is s (((((psycho)))))
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-25-19), psychopathetic (03-29-18)
Old 10-18-18, 11:31 PM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

If you do go to a church of some kind, find the one that actually cares enough to help people. Like in a town near here, it's a Methodist church. They actually help people, I hear, and word gets around. Some people go to more than one food pantry just for the reason you mentioned...not enough food available for just one person. A person has to eat food, so don't feel guilty about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-25-19)
Old 08-25-19, 04:47 AM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I did, and I really do appreciate you. You've always given me thoughtful replies over the years.
Now I'll get my social security card so I can turn in my paperwork for food stamps. It'll only be $12 a month, but...hey...that's 3 or 4 gallons of milk, which is actually a lot!
You need to see how you can still work on the side while getting SSDI, even if it's menial labor at a temp agency, your top priority is keeping yourself in motion, working. The moment you get some cash buy a used bike if you cannot drive your vehicle to get to work, eventually you'll have enough money to at least afford to fix your vehicle, learn to do your own car repairs, lots of DIY videos on youtube, you can do it man, once the momentum gets going it's a matter of keeping the momentum moving, the hardest part is starting. You can do this, sometimes we hit rock bottom before things change but the good news is once you hit bottom you can only go up from there.
Old 08-25-19, 01:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,986 Times in 12,590 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

(((((bubba)))))

I can't think of any advice others haven't given already.

Just wondering why you need another sleep study? Is your doc thinking your
apnea has gotten worse? I really appreciated your advice in getting used to my
c-pap machine. Unless I have a really painful migraine at bedtime, the machine
is helping me sleep better. Not helping prevent the migraines unfortunately.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me