ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-28-11, 01:53 PM

dogface is on a distinguished road
adderall and throat clearing tic

Hi, recently started adderall xr and had a good response. no side effects until I started clearing my throat all the time while on med. I switched from xr to ir and then tried ritalin. all of these stimulants caused the tic. When I stopped med the tic went away within a day. This is very unfortunate since for the first time in my life I feel I found something that works. When I take the meds I don't even feel like I took anything but I know they are effective as I can now concertrate. Has anyone else had these problems? What can I do? I'd hate to give up on them because they are effective but the tic can be very persistant and annoying. Is there some other medication or treatment to stop the tic without giving up the med? Please share.
Old 11-29-11, 07:25 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: adderall and throat clearing tic

Alot of times tics develop with stimulants because they were already there below the surface and the medicine brought them out. My son used to take clonidine with his medicine to reduce the tics and they went away mostly.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
dogface (11-29-11)