ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-10, 10:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

Aspie101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sleeping/Insomnia Forum

I hate bed time. My mind is always pretty much at the most pivital point in thought and the stims dont help...ah well just keep downing this ativan :/ at least it helps with the anxiety
Old 12-22-10, 08:48 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,053 Posts
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ has disabled reputation

Hey, I finally successfully navigated to a page other than new posts!

Tonight it's not mindless chatter. Tonight it's worry about something childish. I made my co-workers notebooks for our holiday get together. Handmade covers, hand sewn, paper edges filed even and smooth with lovely texture, others with light scallops slowly made with a hot nib, etc. Detail detail.

I can only see the imperfections. I keep looking that I only made two for each... I keep thinking its lame, lame, lame. Then all the... Ugh, imperfections. And I wonder will they like it? Will they appreciate it? I don't know. They're all pretty awesome and I am having anxiety that what I did won't be appreciated as much as striped socks, bath salts, stationary, clever post it's, I don't know. Those are all the normal things people seem to like...

Will they want to use them? I don't care if they ever get around to using them. I just am really hoping they don't see them and think inside their head, "how sweet but... To the Trash it's going..."
Old 12-22-10, 03:22 PM

Thanked 3,792 Times in 1,934 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

fleisch, the notebooks sound like a lovely gift.

Phaedrus

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-10, 04:52 AM
Jr Member

rb699 is on a distinguished road
Re: no one with sleeping problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasthummingbird View Post
I'm ADD and my problem is deep sleep, such as, we just had a new roof put on our small barn, my husband came home from work and wanted to know when and how long it took the roofers to roof the barn, found out they came around 7a.m. and finished around 9:30a.m. not to far from our bedroom,
I slept through it all, I do this alot. I always have, my mother had a terrible time trying to get me up for school.

well, just wondering if I'm the only one with this kind of sleeping problem

over and out for now

fasthummingbird

It's not necessarily a bad thing that you are sleeiping so deeply. However, rather than it being strictly related to your ADD, you may be out of synch with your natural sleep cycle. Try going to bed at same time each night and waking up without an alarm for 2 or 3 days if you can. Maybe try it on a weekend. This will help you to get more in touch with what is natural for you. Your deep sleep could be the result of a sleep debt that you are carrying from waking up 1-3 hours before what is natural for you to wake up. I hope this helps.
Old 12-28-10, 07:29 PM

Sirkle will become famous soon enough

Captains Log.....been up for 2 days now....tired....but cant sleep....

damn....you.....adder...all....
Old 12-29-10, 06:07 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirkle View Post
Captains Log.....been up for 2 days now....tired....but cant sleep....

damn....you.....adder...all....

LOL! You may need to reduce your dosage. How much are you taking and how long have you been taking it?
Old 12-30-10, 03:54 AM

Sirkle will become famous soon enough

Lol, I FINALLY got sleep last night!....at 2 in the effin morning....

and I just took my entire days worth at around 4 in the afternoon after I'd picked up my refill....probably wasn't the BEST idea in the world lol

but i should also mention they switched me from Barrs to Corepharms....and I absolutely detest corepharms...i'm gonna try like hell to get 'em switched back tomorrow
Old 12-30-10, 10:55 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about

What are some natural alternatives, besides drinking wine, or taking Magnesium, to wind down at night. I have to take 0.5 mg Klonopin to knock me out...but I'd prefer to stay up all night, uninterupted, get things done. I'm up at 3 am but usually just surfing the net.
Old 12-31-10, 06:15 AM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirkle View Post
Lol, I FINALLY got sleep last night!....at 2 in the effin morning....

and I just took my entire days worth at around 4 in the afternoon after I'd picked up my refill....probably wasn't the BEST idea in the world lol

but i should also mention they switched me from Barrs to Corepharms....and I absolutely detest corepharms...i'm gonna try like hell to get 'em switched back tomorrow

Ok, that explains it. I hope you get it switched back and you can get back to a normalized sleep schedule.
Old 12-31-10, 06:20 AM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425runner View Post
What are some natural alternatives, besides drinking wine, or taking Magnesium, to wind down at night. I have to take 0.5 mg Klonopin to knock me out...but I'd prefer to stay up all night, uninterupted, get things done. I'm up at 3 am but usually just surfing the net.

You can try meditation, reading, warm milk, soothing music. These are just a few ideas to help you relax at night. I am a night hawk as well. Once I learned my sleep cycle and how to work with it I was able to set up a schedule that allows me to sleep from 10pm to around 3AM and have high energy throughout the day. This lets me work uninterrupted while family is sleep and still have energy during the day. Best of both worlds.

I hope this helps.
425runner (01-05-11)
Old 12-31-10, 06:37 AM

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

It takes me hours to fall asleep but then I wake up at 5am feeling all paranoid, like things are crawling all over me.
Remedies?
Old 12-31-10, 07:13 AM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedstory View Post
It takes me hours to fall asleep but then I wake up at 5am feeling all paranoid, like things are crawling all over me.
Remedies?

It is important that you get in sych with your natural sleep cycle. This is something that you have to study and learn about. Your challenge could be from what is called a REM sleep rebound. This comes from sleeping to light and not making it into the deeper phases of sleep. This results in intense dreams and nightmares. This can come from alcohol use. Esspecially with stimulants like coffee or ADD meds. Your sleep cycle can be messed up for days. I would recomend cutting out the alcohol if you are drinking before sleep and using the weekend to try and identify your natual sleep cycle. This can take some trial and error but go to sleep at the same time each nite at whatever time you get sleepy then wake up naturally without an alarm and get up right when you wake up. Dong this a few days in a row will give you an idea of your natural sleep cycle and then you have to work with it instead of against it. I hope this helps.
Old 01-01-11, 10:38 PM

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb699 View Post
It is important that you get in sych with your natural sleep cycle. This is something that you have to study and learn about. Your challenge could be from what is called a REM sleep rebound. This comes from sleeping to light and not making it into the deeper phases of sleep. This results in intense dreams and nightmares. This can come from alcohol use. Esspecially with stimulants like coffee or ADD meds. Your sleep cycle can be messed up for days. I would recomend cutting out the alcohol if you are drinking before sleep and using the weekend to try and identify your natual sleep cycle. This can take some trial and error but go to sleep at the same time each nite at whatever time you get sleepy then wake up naturally without an alarm and get up right when you wake up. Dong this a few days in a row will give you an idea of your natural sleep cycle and then you have to work with it instead of against it. I hope this helps.
I go bed at the same time every night. Probably fall asleep after midnight/1am. No matter what time I got o bed I'm always falling asleep at that time.
I don't have any caffeine, minus tea and I'm not on medication.
The nights I drink alcohol I nod off quite quickly and wake up late.
The 5am wake ups happened after going off meds. Also, I have like 5-6 different kind of dreams so I wake up exhausted.
Also, I wake up breathing too fast.
Old 01-02-11, 01:01 AM

Smonty is on a distinguished road

my doctor told me to go to walmart and get a bottle of melatonen it is a natural vitamin avaliable off the shelf.... i take one 5mg tablet about 15-20 min before im ready to go to sleep and then i lay in the bed and im out within 15 minutes of being in the bed... everyday i take a 30mg adderallXR every day and a 20mg regular adderall in the after noon and this vitamin knocks me out everytime... it is amazing no more staying up til 8 in the morning for me!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Smonty For This Useful Post:
zannie (01-02-11)
Old 01-02-11, 01:42 AM

Thanked 1,358 Times in 814 Posts
zannie is a splendid one to beholdzannie is a splendid one to beholdzannie is a splendid one to beholdzannie is a splendid one to beholdzannie is a splendid one to beholdzannie is a splendid one to beholdzannie is a splendid one to behold

I am going to try melatonin. I was already considering it because my mom - who has dementia - just started taking it. She seems to be less agitated and sleeps better.

Just hope i can remember to take it !