ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 05-31-14, 09:33 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,124 Times in 674 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
violent nightmares

any have violent night mares
Old 05-31-14, 11:11 PM

Thanked 4,184 Times in 2,013 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: violent night mares

I used to quite a bit when I was a teenager, but they stopped happening as much when I moved away from home.
The Following User Says Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
excel (06-01-14)
Old 06-01-14, 08:00 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: violent nightmares

I have them all the time. I had one Thursday night that sent me to the hospital. I got up and started running and ran into the wall.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-14, 09:14 PM

Thanked 4,184 Times in 2,013 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

geezum. are you ok now?

you must be stressed out...
Old 06-01-14, 09:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

Chivalry will become famous soon enough

??/????
Old 06-01-14, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
geezum. are you ok now?

you must be stressed out...
I have go to the doctor tomorrow. I think I broke a rib. It didn't start hurting till this morning
Old 06-02-14, 04:26 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

You really need to have a sleep study done. What you are describing goes beyond the definition of nightmares and sounds like night terrors and sleep walking and a bunch of other sleep issues. They will be able to monitor your brain waves while you sleep in addition to watching your entire sleep. I had one for sleep issues and it was a great source of information. You may thing its no big deal but what if you sleep walk right out of the house, fall down some stairs or something else deadly?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-02-14), stef (06-02-14)
Old 06-03-14, 09:15 PM

I have had sleep studies done. I have sleep apnea. Those things don't show up in the studies usually. They suggest cognitive therapy
Old 06-04-14, 12:14 PM

What is sleep terror
Old 06-06-14, 02:23 PM

I didn't brake a rib. the xray came back normal
Old 06-07-14, 09:03 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,403 Times in 5,428 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad your rib wasn't broken. (though sometimes bruised ribs hurt just as much).

A sleep terror happens in a different part of the sleep cycle than a nightmare. It's a little bit different than a normal dream.

If you woke up extremely scared, with a racing heart, but don't remember the dream at all, it could be a night terror. My sister used to get them when she was younger. She actually tried to climb the wall behind her bed once during one.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
Old 06-08-14, 06:29 PM

I would say that I have nightmares. I never remember them.
Old 07-14-14, 08:44 AM

Still have them
Old 07-19-14, 02:09 PM

I am having another sleep study don e sometime this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
someothertime (08-12-14)
Old 08-12-14, 12:24 AM

petester is on a distinguished road

I have nightmares that im being chased by demons all the way across the country I have to tie a long dish towel around my head and in my mouth because my screaming is so loud otherwise ive almost been evicted from where I was staying. GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK