ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 12-05-14, 12:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,864 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: violent nightmares

Generally when I have nightmares or really intense dreams, it's a combination
of stress and not breathing well - whether I have a cold or allergies.

I've never been told that I thrash around or try to get out of bed. That must be
very scary.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (01-09-15)
Old 12-28-14, 09:15 PM

Thanked 1,123 Times in 673 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I still have them but not as bad
Old 12-29-14, 07:53 AM

Thanked 22,363 Times in 12,041 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Benadryl and Atarax give me horrific nightmares and thrash uncontrollably. I never take either of them for any reason anymore. They scare me.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-14, 09:30 AM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Benadryl and Atarax give me horrific nightmares and thrash uncontrollably. I never take either of them for any reason anymore. They scare me.
What is Atarax
Old 12-30-14, 09:34 AM

Thanked 22,363 Times in 12,041 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
What is Atarax
An Rx antihistamine. Also called hydroxyzine, Vistiril, etc. It is sometimes used for anxiety but it also has the propensity to aggravate it also. A very, very old drug with many uses.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
excel (12-30-14)
Old 01-07-15, 02:13 PM

I saw my sleep doctor and he told, That my episode wasn't do to a nightmare. He that's not typical of a nightmare. Having another sleep study done
Old 01-09-15, 07:07 PM

It happened again the other night but this time I fell down
Old 01-09-15, 11:31 PM

Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,063 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I was on that as a kid.My gf.gets bad night mares and terrors.i sometimes even tho I've never been abused or lived a violent.life have very violent, apocalyptic or.prophetic and vivid dreams.i think it might be the meds I'm on.last year I had a dream I died and my dogs thru out my.life were talking to me saying they missed me.and.it was about time.i came home.and they saw.me again.i.woke up shacking and.when I.saw my current dog.was.still.sleeping.on her bed it was a relief but what.an eye opener and way to wake up.
Old 01-11-15, 06:08 PM

Go Packers. Nice Win!!!!
Old 01-11-15, 08:44 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute

At the highest peek of my PTSD I had recurring violent chaotic dark abstract terrifying consistent fascinating nightmares. Difficult but got used to it. Didn't know sleep to be different. I also had a lot of crying in dreams - and I'm talking inconsolable

No more
Old 09-27-16, 12:54 PM

My sleep doctor said melatonin can help with this problem
Old 09-29-16, 01:03 PM

Cognitive therapy is supposed to help. I can't even tell you what they are about. I can't visualize anything, so I don't even no what they are about.
Old 01-09-17, 07:48 PM

Melatonin brings on vivid nightmares, so they say. Consumer reports ha s a thing on it this month.
Old 09-28-18, 09:06 PM

My violent nightmares seem to have stopped
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-28-18)
Old 09-28-18, 09:12 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,986 Times in 7,935 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
My violent nightmares seem to have stopped
Has anything changed?

I've suffered with violent nightmares over the past year. My pill lady prescribed me 1mg of prazosin...and it worked wonders for me. Then I've started to use a cpap machine to help my sleep apnea and that has further helped.

I'm glad they seem to have stopped for you!

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.