ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 12-18-18, 10:06 AM

qwpqwpqwp is a jewel in the roughqwpqwpqwp is a jewel in the roughqwpqwpqwp is a jewel in the rough
Social problems any advice is appreciated

Hallo i am new to these forums and i have some questions/curious to see if someone shares these issues

Somethings about my self:

I am 21 years old
I study application and media development (programmer)
I am diagnoced with: Autism/ADD/Depression
Drug use: Weed/Hasj
Medicationsince past 2 weeks) 3x15mg ritalin

I have some issues that bother me alot as a person

1. I am constantly thinking without being able to shut it off it can be really random things but often resolves around recent stuff (often bad things aswell)

2. My thought can be very sadistic im a very nice person to everyone and i would never harm/hurt anyone but my thought sometimes are exstreemly sadistic when im bored or angry

3. I am constantly aware of everything around me to a certain exstend i notice all changes that happen around me and am unable to focus most of the time due to this/easily distracted

4. I am terrible in group(4+) conversations i basicly just go quiet very fast and im unable to talk alot since there are to many things going on at once.

5. in public/busy places i have to lissen music or something to block out all the voices/noices around me otherwise i feel stressed

6. I am unable to make any movements that might draw attention/or look weird a example: i am unable to dance/make small movements no matter if i Drink/Use xtc its a mental block that im unable to override this also is the case with things like kissing a girl or even touch even if im 100% sure i have permission and they are okay with it (even in 1 on 1 situations)

If you have any questions that might clear some things up feel free to ask me.

of if you have the same issues i would love some tips to reduce these problems of myn
Old 12-20-18, 04:44 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Social problems any advice is appreciated

Can you elaborate what you mean by sadistic?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 12-20-18, 08:30 PM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Mainly I can only relate to the ADHD symptoms and depression. Are you seeing a psychiatrist? f so, what has the therapist said about those symptoms and is she/he aware of your recreational drug use?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-18, 03:34 AM

qwpqwpqwp is a jewel in the roughqwpqwpqwp is a jewel in the roughqwpqwpqwp is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Can you elaborate what you mean by sadistic?
enjoying the physical suffering of others and enjoying to play mind games with people
Old 12-31-18, 03:35 AM

I have had therapie in my youth for some diffrent issues and i am currently also seeing one (they helped me diagnoce my ADD/Autism) they are also fully aware of my drug useage and any other things about me
Old 01-07-19, 11:24 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should stop the unprescribed drugs for a long while and reassess yourself then.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-07-19)
Old 01-07-19, 12:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,864 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. I have both ASD and ADHD myself.
Used to have severe depression and anxiety disorder as well.
Treatment has helped a great deal.

I took a group class in CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) for depression.
I take Zoloft (sertraline) for anxiety.
I take Omega 3 (fish oil) for ADHD.

As I've been learning lately, there are different strains of weed, and some are
helpful for one symptom but not another. I'm looking into it to treat migraines.
So it may be that whatever strain you're using works differently than stimulant
meds do and a different strain would be helpful instead.

(hopes OP has a chance to read this before it's deleted)

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-07-19)