ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-29-19, 11:44 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,115 Times in 15,360 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Desperately need your help with legit sources supporting higher adderall dose

Long story short. Took the same about of adderall xr for years. 20mg 3x a day. Increased to 4 20mg 3x a day. Had the test to check for whatever enzyme that affects your metabolism. In July my insurance company decided they wouldnt cover it. I could bore you with the sago and hoops, lost paperwork. lost case notes. I had a health advocate-nothing worked. I have been paying out of pocket. I decided to go right to human resources at my husband's job for help because at least they have the a way to get through to the right person at the prescription company. They used to cover it and now THEY not my doctor of 17 years decided that it isnt medically necessary. That is one of many excuses I have been given. The last thing I was told was that they secretary at my DR office submitted all the paperwork about it being medically necessary but the RX company wants 'Peer reviewed scientific evidence supporting higher doses of amphetamines in adults" the specifics of my issues are: I had gastric bypass and lost 100cm of small instestines so I metabolize and exspell medication very quickly which is why I take xr and why I take it multiple times a day. I have blood work that indicates something (not sure what) the in office genetic test about metabolizing, a million and one doctors who know I am on this medication at this dose. No high blood pressure..more that I am forgetting. I need to email these sources to my Dr office asap to file this final appeal. All I do is run my son around to appointments after his stroke and the 18 year old left her sober house and is staying with us while she waits to get into another one. And I have a busy 15 year old. I will look myself as well but please if anyone has some time to spare and can link me to some sources I would appreciate it so much. Insurance companies suck.
Thanks-
xxxooo
-sweets

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-29-19, 01:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,549 Times in 6,102 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Desperately need your help with legit sources supporting higher adderall dose

Can you go right to the pharmacutical company itself maybe they can make some calls to Dr or insurance or help you get it directly? Take care of yourself too Mrs sarah
Old 01-30-19, 12:58 AM

Thanked 1,611 Times in 886 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Desperately need your help with legit sources supporting higher adderall dose

I received free meds from the Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation. You are on disability so if Shire doesn't ask for household income, you might be eligible.

I just looked looked and Shire doesn't have Adderall in it's program but it does have Vyvanse. https://www.shire.com/patients/patie...es/shire-cares

Rx Outreach has Adderall https://rxoutreach.org/

I found Rx Outreach through needymeds.org
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-19, 05:06 AM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Don't know if this might help? Weren't you the one that had some of those kinds of tests to test about metabolism?
https://adhdrollercoaster.org/tools-...-drug-therapy/
Old 01-30-19, 05:16 AM
Contributor

Years ago, I would go to a medical school library in San Antonio when I wanted more well-researched info about some disease or condition. The people who worked there were really helpful with advise about how I could find what I wanted. I couldn't check out books, but doing copies of articles was okay.
Old 01-31-19, 06:03 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,115 Times in 15,360 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I have great news! My pre-auth appeal was approved! I will now only have to cover 1 extra pill out of pocket and they were able to get the pharmacy to re-process all but two of the claims. Which means I will be having 800$ coming back to me! Thank you all so much!

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (01-31-19), Little Missy (02-01-19), Lunacie (01-31-19), namazu (01-31-19), Rebelyell (01-31-19), SashaBV (02-01-19)
Old 01-31-19, 05:33 PM

Thanked 1,611 Times in 886 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!!! That is fantastic!!
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 02-01-19, 03:28 AM
Contributor

Such good luck...and so quick! I can't believe how they're trying to interfere in legitimate treatments ordered by doctors! It's not like it was a pill mill type doctor either.